OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Anyone use or have opinion on these.
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1022174672

Last edited by DANNYL; 01/10/20.
GB1

S
S
Did you end up getting one of these? I'm looking at it too but there isn't a lot of info out there about it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You might find this helpful.

[video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2NQmtWUQqc [/video]

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Interesting video. Pretty telling of MR's quality too.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
That video was eye opening. Very good; thanks for posting it.

IC B2

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Gotta love a pack test where a pack is never even shouldered!

I'm not going to defend the quality of Badlands packs, because I don't like them personally. But they are also not sold on the goHunt gear page like Mystery Ranch and Stone Glacier are. https://shop.gohunt.com/collections/gear

As if the review wasn't laughable enough on its own.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Ok cwh2 your post got me to watch the video. I am not defending or slamming any of the packs they "So Called Tested". I wasted 15 minutes of my life I will never get back. Hell I can break any and all packs you put in front of me if I really wanted to. Obviously as weights get lighter durability becomes compromised. So First to me would be what is important to me. Does it need to be bombproof? Does it need to be light? Am I really going to abuse the hell out of it?

For me importance would be

Fit
Light weight
Easily adjusted and manipulated
simple and not cluttered
durable

Anyways MR makes great packs, heavy but great. Out of the lot I am fairly comfortable with MR. The rest are not what I would be after.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Misery loves company! I skipped through it, and with the sound off.

I've packed multiple tons of meat off the mountain and out of the swamps with my Stone Glacier, without issue. It is not as overbuilt as the MR packs, but it is light, and plenty strong to do the job. It will eventually wear out - that's a given, but everything does.

Now, I don't have any designer jeans or a full sleeve tattoo, so there is probably no reason to listen to me.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by cwh2

Now, I don't have any designer jeans or a full sleeve tattoo, so there is probably no reason to listen to me.

Oh god you mean to tell me you aren't screaming for attention? smile smile smile

When I wear pants (winter) I wear wranglers they are cheap and seem to last fairly well. Does that mean you don't have the jeans with all the bling bling on the back pockets? I think all of us here at the fire are disappointed. Might have to start a go fund me for you to get at least one pair and that sleeve started!

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
The valuable part of the video to me was the instability of the stays in the frame which contribute heavily to comfort (or extreme lack thereof) under heavy loads.

I have an Eberlestock and have known it was heavy (duh) but this helped clarify directions in which I should look when I upgrade.

IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
A fat F_ck breaking packs, yup that is informative for sure. Notice none of them really had anything of value to say. Four or five goon's standing around a table watching one guy break sh_t is not informative in anyway.

So what if a guy doesn't want or need an over built pack like MR? If it isn't over built it is junk? I am starting to see why guys suffer poor equipment.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
efw, if you got something out of it, that's great, and I mean that sincerely.

I can't take most youtubeers seriously, and when I see 3 bro's standing around while a guy in bedazzled pants tears packs apart with his bare hands... well, I take it even less seriously. So, I'm glad to hear there was something useful hidden in there. I couldn't even bear to turn the sound on...

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by cwh2
Gotta love a pack test where a pack is never even shouldered!

I'm not going to defend the quality of Badlands packs, because I don't like them personally. But they are also not sold on the goHunt gear page like Mystery Ranch and Stone Glacier are. https://shop.gohunt.com/collections/gear

As if the review wasn't laughable enough on its own.

Doing any kind of test (much less a subjective test like that one) that shows your competitor's gear to be inferior is bad form, even if it's accurate IMO.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

DANNYL Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by SamAspacher
Did you end up getting one of these? I'm looking at it too but there isn't a lot of info out there about it.

Not yet,still pondering though. I'm not going by the jokers in the video,they could break or find fault with anything in front of them.
I mainly only need it for totting my stuff to my blind. I've thought about going to the army surplus at some point and see what they have but they are a bit heavy for size depending on what ya want but tough stuff.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

648 members (12344mag, 1234, 163bc, 06hunter59, 17CalFan, 160user, 64 invisible), 2,366 guests, and 1,231 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,621
Posts18,455,093
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.