Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Casey,

Glad that you brought this up, as I bought the SLCneu in 2010 with the latest internals at that time. Then, Swaro was providing free upgrades. I suggested that my buddy get his upgraded, for free, but he never did it. I also had a lot of time behind the Swaro LRF, which is basically 1/2 of the binos.

Perhaps it's just my perception, but Swaro NA customer service seemed awesome in 2010 - 2014. And as recently as 2018, I had good experiences with them. I asked for a price on 8x25 eyecups, and they sent them for free.

Jason

GB1

irfubar Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by alpinecrick

I have had nothing but honest dealings with Swaro and people I know have had nothing but honest dealings with them. If Swaro says a pair of their used binos have cracked prisms I find it ridiculous to believe they are lying.

Swarovoski told me both prism's are cracked..... yet the right barrel focus's fine the left barrel won't focus.... and what are the odds of both prism's being cracked?

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
irfubar Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by irfubar
Originally Posted by Santiam
This deer season.. Run over them in October..Got'em back in December

There you go........

Fanboy alert.....

Lets review.....

--You buy a used pair of binos but somehow you know they have never been dropped, hit or plum abused.

--Your binos are currently residing in Rhode Island but somehow your long range coast to coast x-ray vision can see the prisms are not cracked but instead the glue has come loose.

--You have amazing god-like extra-sensory perception.

How am I doing.......?

Now I understand why so many people think you are a douche bag......

irfubar Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Oh and douche bag alpincrick, in case you missed it I used the used bino's for 3 seasons before they chit the bed. I stated clearly that while in my possession they were treated with great care.
So $450.00 to repair a $500 bino is no warranty at all.
This is the worst I have been burned on optics and I have owned a fair amount.
Thanks fanboy

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Originally Posted by GregW
Do you work for Swaro?

No.

Things have changed since your guiding days...

That would be in the last four years. About the time I last had dealings with Swaro's stellar service. Maybe somebody can chime in with their Swaro experience in the last four years.

I didn't abuse my three sets of bins either....

As we say on the 'fire--some people can break an anvil..........

Glad it hasn't happened to you. I know all we can go by is our own experience with certain brands, companies, people, etc. but I hope you're not as arrogant as you come across in an immediate dismissal of things that happen to other folks just like yourself, who spend [bleep] tons of fine looking through glass taking care of their gear.

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
IC B2

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Sad
Campfire Tracker
W
Wouldn't you think that just eating the cost of fixing these binos, Swaro would be better off than the negative publicity that a thread like this causes?

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by JGRaider
I had the SLCneu 8x30 that was made in 2008 and it had all the latest greatest coatings available on that model. I also had the Cabelas Euro 8x32HD at the same time and thought the Euro's to be slightly superior so I kept them and sold the Swaro's. High class glass is very subjective.

As Shrapnel once posted to the effect "It depends on what we had for breakfast as to which of the alpha glass is best that day."

The single best bino I've ever looked through, period, end of story was the 8x32 Nikon EDG. Ergos were perfect for me, best focus mechanism on the planet, unbelievable flat field glass. Too bad Nikon is the worst marketer to ever appear in the optics market.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
irfubar Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Johnny thanks for your input here. I value your point of view. I have heard great things about the Nikon EDG and have good luck with their scopes, how is the warranty? also heard Nikon is getting out of the scope business, does that include all sport optics, like bino's?

Last edited by irfubar; 01/17/20.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

There you go........

Fanboy alert.....

Lets review.....

--You buy a used pair of binos but somehow you know they have never been dropped, hit or plum abused.

--Your binos are currently residing in Rhode Island but somehow your long range coast to coast x-ray vision can see the prisms are not cracked but instead the glue has come loose.

How am I doing.......?

Now I understand why so many people think you are a douche bag......

Casey, show them your super hero cape. 😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bro, sorry for your troubles on your alpha glass. I’d be picking up meopta meostars glass. 😎

Edited....From Doug. Grins

Last edited by Beaver10; 01/17/20.

“Molon Labe”
IC B3

irfubar Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Bro, sorry for your troubles on your alpha glass. I’d be picking up meopta meostars glass. 😎

Thanks brother Beav...... It seems many share your recommendation, crazy part is they were #1 on my list until a "deal" on the Swaro showed up.....
I am really tempted to get the Swaro trash returned and tear them apart to prove Swaro and Casey a liar....

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by JGRaider

The single best bino I've ever looked through, period, end of story was the 8x32 Nikon EDG. Ergos were perfect for me, best focus mechanism on the planet, unbelievable flat field glass. Too bad Nikon is the worst marketer to ever appear in the optics market.

JG,
Until the STX came along a EDG 85mm spotter was the best spotting scope I had ever looked through. I have been told the EDG binos were probably a bit better than the European alphas but have never had the opportunity to look through any of them. The EDG line seem to be pretty much ignored by the hunting and birding fraternity it seems.

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Beaver10

Thanks brother Beav...... It seems many share your recommendation, crazy part is they were #1 on my list until a "deal" on the Swaro showed up.....
I am really tempted to get the Swaro trash returned and tear them apart to prove Swaro and Casey a liar....

Who am I to question your god-like qualities..........

Carry on.

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
I Hate to hear a bad experience on this.

My one and only experience with their CS was good. They cleaned an old Habicht rifle scope for no charge . There was debris inside causing the picture to be grainy.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I hate to hear this, all of my CS experience with them has been outstanding but I haven't sent anything to them in several years.

If they're cheapening out then they're cutting their own throats, word of mouth from many folks who have had outstanding customer service from them over the years has sold a LOT of swarovski products. If they throw that away then they're no better than the rest and aren't worth the premium price that many, including myself, have paid for their good name.

I hope swarovski is watching this thread.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Trust me this thread will get noticed. The dealers that sell them couldn't be stupid enough not to pass it along to the bean counters. How they respond is yet to be seen. I for one will be watching. Because I just purchased a brand new 10 x 56SLC. Not necessarily just to have Swarovski but everyone's eyes are different. And my eyes prefer a bigger field of view and plenty of light. So I decided to go with what I thought would be the absolute best in the industry. Time will tell.

Take care, Willie

Cry to the heavens and let slip the dogs of war. For they must feed on the bones of tyranny. In order for men to have freedom and liberty.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Based on your story, IMO Swarovski should fix the binos at no charge to you.

Glass as expensive as Swaros should be bulletproof against any normal, day to day hunting environment.

Stories like this push me personally towards brands like Vortex.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

There you go........

Fanboy alert.....

Lets review.....

How am I doing.......?

It doesn’t matter if they were previously dropped or not. If the exterior is in good shape and showing no signs of gross deformation, I.e. they don’t look to have fallen down a mountainside, Swarovski should be giving them at no charge. 1st owner, 2nd owner, doesn’t matter.

irfubar Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Update, I called customer service and argued my case. They said of the $450 rebuild estimate if I didn't want the lenses replaced that would take $150 off.

So they want $300 to repair the prism's, I argued those should be covered under warranty, the binoculars show no sign of external damage and I know for a fact they have not been dropped during the 3 yrs I have owned them.
The C.S. rep said he could knock 20% off of that. So now I am at $260 for basic repairs. This is still a difficult decision for me as they failed under normal conditions, what if they fail again? another $260-$300 for repairs?

So I made some progress. But I have lost confidence in the product and company.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Update, I called customer service and argued my case. They said of the $450 rebuild estimate if I didn't want the lenses replaced that would take $150 off.

So they want $300 to repair the prism's, I argued those should be covered under warranty, the binoculars show no sign of external damage and I know for a fact they have not been dropped during the 3 yrs I have owned them.
The C.S. rep said he could knock 20% off of that. So now I am at $260 for basic repairs. This is still a difficult decision for me as they failed under normal conditions, what if they fail again? another $260-$300 for repairs?

So I made some progress. But I have lost confidence in the product and company.

Brother Irfubar, my opinion is only what I would do....Fix them, sell them, and by a pair of MeoStars and never look back.
GW went through 3 pairs of Swaros. They fail again, you’re gonna throw them down a mountain.
Might as well get some cash for them and go a new direction. 😎

“Molon Labe”
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

217 members (30Gibbs, 10gaugemag, 345dl, 1_deuce, 264mag, 16penny, 33 invisible), 2,749 guests, and 1,021 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,277
Posts18,467,633
Members73,927
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.