Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 14 of 15 1 2 12 13 14 15
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Best college football coach in modern history.

It ain’t even close.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
BP-B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

He doesn't check the big game box very well.

Again, mi Amigo,,,,5 NC’s.

And again Losses to Auburn, Arkansas, Clemson, LSU, Georgia, and a bunch of others. Like I said I am a Bama fan. But I am also a realist. When big games are on he is average. When playing sub teams he is a stud of course.

Good grief, the last time Alabama lost to Arkansas was in 2006 and Saban wasn't the coach!. Sure, Alabama has lost a few games to other top teams over the years, but if you look at Saban's record with any king of realistic perspective saying he's "average" in big games is ridiculous. He's won 5 National Championships for Pete's sake! Can you list any other coach who has won it 5 times in the last 12 years? No, you can't.

Last edited by natman; 01/15/20.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Before O,who is obviously a very good coach, is crowned royalty, let’s see what happens as his co-OC and others are picked off like Saban’s have been throughout his past several seasons.
Heck, we’re Aggies here so we got to play 5 teams in top10 this year! We know what getting the daylights beat out of you physically looks like.
Orgeron has a Warrior spirit but don’t think he’s the most cerebral D1 coach I’ve seen. I’d like to see how “normal” LSU will be when losing so many to NFL draft. But their recruiting will be something.

America, Our Country and we’re taking it back.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Sick
Campfire Outfitter
P
I don't
Watch much American football, love when the shythawks lose

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gkt5450
Before O,who is obviously a very good coach, is crowned royalty, let’s see what happens as his co-OC and others are picked off like Saban’s have been throughout his past several seasons.
Heck, we’re Aggies here so we got to play 5 teams in top10 this year! We know what getting the daylights beat out of you physically looks like.
Orgeron has a Warrior spirit but don’t think he’s the most cerebral D1 coach I’ve seen. I’d like to see how “normal” LSU will be when losing so many to NFL draft. But their recruiting will be something.

No doubt about it, LSU's had a dream season, but one season doesn't come close to what Bama has accomplished in the last decade. Just have to wait and see.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
IC B2

S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by natman
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

He doesn't check the big game box very well.

Again, mi Amigo,,,,5 NC’s.

And again Losses to Auburn, Arkansas, Clemson, LSU, Georgia, and a bunch of others. Like I said I am a Bama fan. But I am also a realist. When big games are on he is average. When playing sub teams he is a stud of course.

Good grief, the last time Alabama lost to Arkansas was in 2006 and Saban wasn't the coach!. Sure, Alabama has lost a few games to other top teams over the years, but if you look at Saban's record with any king of realistic perspective saying he's "average" in big games is ridiculous. He's won 5 National Championships for Pete's sake! Can you list any other coach who has won it 5 times in the last 12 years? No, you can't.

He (Saban) has won 6 National Championships.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ScottBrad

He (Saban) has won 6 National Championships.

True. The 5 I referred to were for Alabama. I should have made that clearer. Believe me, I haven't forgotten the one he won at LSU. I knew that the spoiled fanboy wouldn't count one that wasn't at Alabama.

Last edited by natman; 01/16/20.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I was flat assed wrong. He has won a total of 6.

And it was me joshing Hastings about missing 2 of LSU’s NCs !

Okay Hastings, your time to gig !

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

At the risk of drifting the thread back on topic, let's talk about LSU's future. One of the challenges of success is that your assistants get promotions at other places. Every college program loses a big chunk of their players to graduation / NFL every year and LSU is no stranger to that. It remains to be seen if LSU can keep it up, but the fundamentals are still in place. The BIG change for LSU is that they have upgraded their approach to the passing game and I don't see them going back. As you noted, they will be able to recruit top talent now. If you were a top QB recruit would you go to LSU? The answer is yes.

We shall see. I can't wait. Only 232 days until college football starts again.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by Oldman3

No doubt about it, LSU's had a dream season, but one season doesn't come close to what Bama has accomplished in the last decade. Just have to wait and see.

Joe Brady was passing game coordinator not co offensive coordinator

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

I just watched the Baton Rouge 10:00 news (WBRZ)......the LSU team will be decimated by those going to the NFL or simply graduating. I didn’t actually get a count, but adding the offense and defense departures has to be at least 12 to 15 starters “not” returning! memtb

Last edited by memtb; 01/16/20.

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Saban is a jerk, but is great at getting good players to come to Alabama. You don’t hear much about his players being nuckleheads, so he either controls them or weeds out the fools before they embarrass him and the school. He hires good coaches too.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by hanco
Saban is a jerk, but is great at getting good players to come to Alabama. You don’t hear much about his players being nuckleheads, so he either controls them or weeds out the fools before they embarrass him and the school. He hires good coaches too.

That’s the definition of a jerk ?
Grins

L
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by memtb

I just watched the Baton Rouge 10:00 news (WBRZ)......the LSU team will be decimated by those going to the NFL or simply graduating. I didn’t actually get a count, but adding the offense and defense departures has to be at least 12 to 15 starters “not” returning! memtb

And by the NCAA for receiving cash from alumni on national tv.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

As of this morning’s paper, 9 players to the nfl draft and 2 coaches moving on.

2theadvocate.com

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Lucas1

Ya at least the crimson tide tards pay their players behind closed doors. I suspect once Saban leaves a large scandal will surface that only the Penn St. Pedo lions can top.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Originally Posted by Lucas1

Ya at least the crimson tide tards pay their players behind closed doors. I suspect once Saban leaves a large scandal will surface that only the Penn St. Pedo lions can top.

What ?

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K

At the risk of drifting the thread back on topic, let's talk about LSU's future. One of the challenges of success is that your assistants get promotions at other places. Every college program loses a big chunk of their players to graduation / NFL every year and LSU is no stranger to that. It remains to be seen if LSU can keep it up, but the fundamentals are still in place. The BIG change for LSU is that they have upgraded their approach to the passing game and I don't see them going back. As you noted, they will be able to recruit top talent now. If you were a top QB recruit would you go to LSU? The answer is yes.

We shall see. I can't wait. Only 232 days until college football starts again.

I don’t know that they are going to repeat as that’s hard to do but they are going to be ok. They’re losing a lot of starters but they’ve recruited well enough that they should be fine. The backup to burrow is supposed to be really good and they’ve signed brad Johnson’s kid whose already enrolled in classes so can be in spring ball.

I wonder how much of the offense was really Brady? They were already going that direction towards the end of last year and ensminger was the primary play caller this year. Losing Aranda hurts but it’s a big time program and O is pretty up front that he holds his salary down and the difference goes towards assistant salaries so he shouldn’t have much trouble getting a good replacement

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Brennan, the backup qb to Burrows, was ranked in the top 10 qb's coming out of high school. They say he has a stronger arm than Burrows, but not the experience. Brennan was projected to be the starting qb last season as a freshman, but Burrow's got the call. Brennan can play 2 more years.

Ya never know how things will turn out, but a at qb, LSU looks pretty good.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
I'm thinking they'll get it worked out.

Remember, it's better to suck after winning a National Championship then it is to just suck again.

Page 14 of 15 1 2 12 13 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
675 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 219DW, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 81 invisible), 2,902 guests, and 1,409 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,670
Posts18,399,443
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.