-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I've posted a time or two about the See All Open Sight. My first, after riding on a springer airgun for a bit is now on my crossbow for testing. So far so good up to 30 yards. Just got my second, a tritium-lit crosshair version, on sale for half-price. Going to give it a trial on my Ruger CSC 10/22 to see how it fares as a red dot alternative. Trips to the range are iffy now with all the crappy weather, but there's usually a day or two each week that are doable.

The Ruger had a scope already mounted and sighted in, so I had a starting point. I used a scope tube rail adapter and some inner tube to mount a CTC red laser on the underside if the barrel, then adjusted the laser to co-witness with the scope reticle and fired a test shot into the trap in my basement. Then I removed the scope and mounted the See All and a green CTC on the integral rail. Next, I adjusted the green CTC to match the red one and fired a test shot. That done, I adjusted the See All to the same POI (I have about 10 yards to work with). Fired some test shots and twiddled the adjustments a bit, and now the rifle is at least usable until I get it to the range for fine-tuning, and usability evaluation.

Since even the green CTC isn't always visible in daylight, my basement work is going to save me a lot of futzing around time at the range getting lined up, though so far the See Alls have been pretty much on out of the box, probably because they sit so low on tbe rail. From the pic, you'd think the laser blocks the sight, but you don't look through it, you look at it and around it.

[Linked Image]

Looking around the yard and in the house, it serms like this is at least as precise as a red dot or irons, maybe a bit better, as the crosshair appears to be pretty fine. My airgun tests with a delta-reticle model proved that my accuracy at 20 yards or so was at least as good as with a 2moa red dot. Not as fast just yet, but there's a learning curve with these for certain. The tritium works just fine. Haven't checked for back-glow yet. Anyway, an interesting and possibly useful toy for $100.

What fresh Hell is this?
GB1

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Interesting Pappy. At approximately what maximum range are these sights usable? With an astigmatism in my right (master) eye, I am gravitating away from red dot sights. I am trying a couple of prism sights right now. They are about as heavy as a light weight scope, except for the Bushnell Li'l P. which only weighs about 4.5 ounces. I have the Bushnell on my very light weight Win FW 308 and I shot a boar with it a couple of weeks ago. It was very fast to get on the running target. With the Prism sight or scope, which ever you call it, an astigmatism does not affect the reticle image and there is no tint on the lenses like red dots have. Also a battery is required for using the retical illuminated, but if the battery is dead or missing, you always have the black reticle available.
Let us know how you like the See All on the 10/22. RJ

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
The reticles provide a very fine aiming point, either the top of the delta, or the slanted T of the crosshair. The crosshair also has hashmarks at 8 moa intervals on the verticle. I use 2.75-3.0 readers, but can see these very sharply with no correction at all. There are a bunch of YouTube videos about these, mostly positive, though one guy wrote them off pretty quicky without a fair trial I think. For best results you need both eyes open, and some folks can't seem to do that. The sight is usable with one eye, but that requires placing the reticle at the very top so the target sits just over it. Neither of my eyes is strongly dominant, so I can shoot with both eyes open using either, but some days that takes considerable concentration. I suspect this thibg is usable at whatever distance you can get a good sight picture.

With red dots, a little correction, +1 to maybe +1.5 gives me the sharpest image, pretty much what works best for distance vision, but I can get by without. I've been looking at the prism sights too and think that where they fit as to eye-relief, they're a good choice. The See All, like red dots, has unlimited ER and no parallax (effectively, also like red dots). They have a 30 day return policy too, plus a lifetime warranty. Still early to say for certain, but these look like a good alternative to red dots for some uses, are battery-free, and very small, light and rugged. How fast
I can be using them remains to be seen.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Okay, for my old eyes this is strictly a short-range sight, fine on a pistol or crossbow, but a little tough to pick up at 50 yards and over. Where it works for me, I'm able to shoot some good groups.

What fresh Hell is this?

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

626 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 1234, 63 invisible), 2,258 guests, and 1,146 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,739
Posts18,457,647
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.