Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Went into Cabelas today to redeem my points and find my wife a nice coat. Of course had to go check out the used guns.

All used guns have ties on the actions and trigger locks, so you can't put your finger in the trigger guard. Cabelas gun guard was watching everyone and telling customers to watch where they pointed them. He jumped on three guys. Told one guy a lady just left because you pointed a gun at her.

Another snowflake melted. What's a lady that's scared of guns with gun locks doing in a gun room?

Let the arguments and insults begin. LOL.

LOL
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Fireball,
You know one can't fix stupid, right? And there are morons everywhere we turn -- not all of them Democrats.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Regardless how "safe" a firearm is it should never be pointed at a person in this type situation. Period.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Better question......why would you be in a Cabelas?

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
No one should point a gun at a person without the intent to shoot them.

[Linked Image from ]
IC B2

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Wish the BPS in nashvegas had used guns.
Something to check out.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have friends older than me, who are lifelong hunters and shooter, but have never had any professional instruction on gun handling. With long guns it's not too bad, but holy schitt everything they know about handguns comes from every bad movie made. Especially westerns.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Agree unsafe handling should not be tolerated. Cabelas pissed me off with their gunlock BS last week. I had no choice but go there for some fishing supplies. So I also walked the gun counter. They had a Springfield xdm in 10mm. Been thinking about buying one. Of course not from Cabelas, unless that impulse buy kicked in. Which happens to all of us when we fondle a gun at times. But figured hey it was at least a chance to handle one and I had no money to worry about impulse buy. All the handguns had trigger locks. I did want to try the trigger. More importantly I wanted to be be able to actually get a normal grip on the gun. The trigger lock was large enough that it would not allow a normal grip on the gun. I asked to remove the lock. Was told they only take the lock off if you buy the gun. I told them lock stays on wallet stays in my pocket and I left.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Went into Cabelas today to redeem my points and find my wife a nice coat. Of course had to go check out the used guns.

All used guns have ties on the actions and trigger locks, so you can't put your finger in the trigger guard. Cabelas gun guard was watching everyone and telling customers to watch where they pointed them. He jumped on three guys. Told one guy a lady just left because you pointed a gun at her.

Another snowflake melted. What's a lady that's scared of guns with gun locks doing in a gun room?

I see ol' Fireballz is dumber than ever.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Hard to go in a Cabela's during prime time and not get a gun pointed at you several times. Same with BPS.

IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
A few weeks back I saw a fellow at a trap shooting range walking around with an O/U with the action closed and sweeping people with it's muzzle as he walked and talked to people. I asked him to open his action and to stop sweeping people with his muzzle and he looked at me like I was a two-headed alien. Too many people are seemingly unwilling to embarrass someone by saying something when they see this kind of stuff. After the slob opened his action and slinked off the guy he was pointing the gun at thanked me but never said a word to him about it. We can't be afraid to speak up.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by cooper57m
A few weeks back I saw a fellow at a trap shooting range walking around with an O/U with the action closed and sweeping people with it's muzzle as he walked and talked to people. I asked him to open his action and to stop sweeping people with his muzzle and he looked at me like I was a two-headed alien. Too many people are seemingly unwilling to embarrass someone by saying something when they see this kind of stuff. After the slob opened his action and slinked off the guy he was pointing the gun at thanked me but never said a word to him about it. We can't be afraid to speak up.

Exactly.

The safety rules are in place and adhered to for a reason.

There's no caveat for trigger locks or chamber flags or having the bolt out.

Don't do it, and don't let other people do it.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Hard to go in a Cabela's during prime time and not get a gun pointed at you several times. Same with BPS.

I live five minutes from a Bass Pro and if you start muzzle fugking people it will be the last gun you look at.

As it should be.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by cooper57m

We call those people (the ones that won't say anything) cowards. Astonishingly, that about sums up 90% of the population. Yet they want the other 10% to fight for them.

Fugg people

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Fireball2

I see ol' Fireballz is dumber than ever.

Still butthurt?

LOL
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I'd hate to work behind the counter in a gun shop.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
A few years ago I was just back in Iowa after passing the test for a Canadian PAL. The Canadian instructor told me the fastest way to fail that test was to muzzle flash him.

So I'm in a gun shop in Iowa, and this fellow has a hand gun swinging it all over the place, every second word he said started with "F".

I agree, treat each, and every firearm as if it were loaded.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
CRS Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Self explanatory

1. Treat every gun as if it were loaded, regardless of perceived or actual condition.
2. Keep your finger off the trigger until ready to shoot.
3. Always keep a gun pointed in a safe direction and never point your weapon at anything you do not intend to shoot.
4. Be sure of your target and know your target's foreground and background.

Arcus Venator
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by lippygoathead
Regardless how "safe" a firearm is it should never be pointed at a person in this type situation. Period.

This.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I had a newly purchased gunshop (pawn) owner cock a strange handgun point it at me without thinking across the counter and pull the trigger,
I about freaked and yelled at him in a store with customers.
I saw the action was clear when he worked it was moving out of the way and didn't get enough time. A bullet would have struck me in the lower abdomen.
We don't go there anymore.
I have been around firearms my whole life and that's the only time that has happened, public or private, sometimes once is too much.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

569 members (1eyedmule, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 21, 222Sako, 222ND, 69 invisible), 2,481 guests, and 1,275 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,675
Posts18,456,243
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.