Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I just bought the wife a 320 Xcarry in 9mm and she loves it. She was shooting a Sig 2022 and she thought it was to big for her. I too like the interchangeability of the grips and slides. I have several Sigs and I believe they are one of the best semi-autos manufactured. You can make them even better, I have installed Grey Gun spring kits in all of mine, except the 320's. She has not shot enough to get a feel for the trigger yet.

Writing from the gateway to the great BluMtns in southeastern Washington.

Just remember, "You are the trailer park and I am the tornado". Beth Dutton, Yellowstone.
GB1

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by David_Walter
What OWB and IWB holsters are you guys using with your SIG 365?

Laser/lights?

It's an easy pistol to carry so I went with simple and trim. Concealment Express for IWB which is on the bargain end of the spectrum, and a Desantis Mini Scabbard for OWB.

I ordered a Remora holster as well, but it hasn't showed yet. The P365 also works reasonably well in a LCP pocket holster (the factory Ruger).

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
i bought the p320-m18 with safety last year. it has about a seven pound trigger pull which i would like a little lighter.
my understanding is because of the safety, the after market trigger kits won't fit.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I use a cooks holster behind the right hip holster, very good holster, easy draw, thin, durable. I don't know about the pointing comments, the sigs point more naturally for me than the glocks.

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Jim,

You mentioned on the other thread about cross training with G44/G19 so it's worth mentioning Sig has a CO2 version of the P365 for about $100. I'm not sure of the value training-wise, but it would be fun and use the same holsters. wink

P365 CO2

Edited: Crap, the link was right there and I was weak. I bought a flippin' BB gun. Thanks alot.

Last edited by JOG; 01/09/20.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
i bought the p320-m18 with safety last year. it has about a seven pound trigger pull which i would like a little lighter.
my understanding is because of the safety, the after market trigger kits won't fit.

Call Grey Guns and ask about their spring kits.

Writing from the gateway to the great BluMtns in southeastern Washington.

Just remember, "You are the trailer park and I am the tornado". Beth Dutton, Yellowstone.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A .22 trainer was a big part of why I initially got excited about the Glock G19/G44 and Ruger LCP II .380/.22 combos. But my range session yesterday brought home that I don't need ergonomically identical pistols to hit well when transitioning from one to the other but a similar trigger feel (striker vs. DA vs SA) is definitely a big factor. Going from a Glock 19 to a 17 to my Sprginfield XDm .45 caused no transitioning problems although that big XDm pointed much better for me. But then going to my DA/SA Beretta 92FS kind of discombolulated me for a few shots.

Not a lot of true striker fired .22's out there but I handled what samples could be found at the range gun store and a nearby Sportsman's Warehouse, checked reviews around the web and lo and behold I think I'm going to get a Taurus TX22.

Again, while not identical in form to the Sigs it's still of the same basic shape, feels good in the hand, points very well and is striker fired with a very decent trigger. The trigger is not identical to the Sigs but very close. It holds 16 rounds, most others of its type only hold 10, and gets very good reviews from several sources. And it's on sale at SW. wink Never thought a gun snob like me would consider a Taurus but that was addressed in several reviews and they all say the quality is good especially at the price point.

[Linked Image from i.ytimg.com]

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I still like my Sig P365 a lot. Be sure to get a newer version that incorporates all of the rolling changes made over the last couple of years. It outshot my Glocks right out of the box. I will keep a Glock 26 for durability reasons, but my other Glocks are on the way out except for the 42 (until a scaled down 365 in .380 becomes available).

Laser/lights?

I use a Sparks Criterion IWB, and I have a Boraii Eagle for occasional pocket use. I have not tried an OWB holster. No laser or lights. I think the rail is proprietary, so there may not be much out there right now besides the Sig Foxtrot. The Sig light is only 100 lumens.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J

Laser/lights?

I have a Vedder Light Tuck for the P365...

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Agree wholeheartedly on the TX-22. Picked one up for two bills when Taurus had a rebate a few months ago and absolutely love it.

There is nothing made by man,
which cannot be broken by woman.
IC B3

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Have a Sig 365 and love it also a Glock 26 that just stays in the safe. Love the size accuracy and ease of carry in the 365. I also like the Kahr
but prefer the capacity in the 365 for its size.

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho

Not a lot of true striker fired .22's out there but I handled what samples could be found at the range gun store and a nearby Sportsman's Warehouse, checked reviews around the web and lo and behold I think I'm going to get a Taurus TX22.

Again, while not identical in form to the Sigs it's still of the same basic shape, feels good in the hand, points very well and is striker fired with a very decent trigger. The trigger is not identical to the Sigs but very close. It holds 16 rounds, most others of its type only hold 10, and gets very good reviews from several sources. And it's on sale at SW. wink Never thought a gun snob like me would consider a Taurus but that was addressed in several reviews and they all say the quality is good especially at the price point.

[Linked Image from i.ytimg.com]

Wow, they copied the Sig P-365 pretty closely! Might make a nice little .22 caliber training simulator. I’ll check one out on my next trip to my LGS.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The 320 X-Carry version is an outstanding pistol.

MM

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by JGray

Laser/lights?

I have a Vedder Light Tuck for the P365...

+1

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
The 320 X-Carry version is an outstanding pistol.

MM

Sure is

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Had a chance to look at a P365XL last night and was very impressed with the handling and feel of it. I don't have huge hands but wear a Large size glove and was able to get a full grip on it. The grip shape is subtly different from the standard 365, obviously a bit longer but also cut just a little higher in back so you can grab it a tad higher up. The barrel and slide is .6" longer which changes the balance perceptibly.

The best way to describe it is that the regular P365 feels like a micro-compact, even with a 12 round extended magazine. The P365XL feels like a full size or at least a "carry" size version of a large pistol, only smaller. I know, most small pistols feel like a full size pistol only smaller. wink Seriously, if you didn't have anything to compare it to the overall blend of barrel and grip length/size makes it look, balance and handle like a full size pistol.

It's a bit smaller all around than the P320 X-Compact in height, width, length and weight although the barrel is actually .1" longer. It holds 3 rounds less in the standard magazine, 12 vs 15. You can get a 15 round mag for the 365 but then you can put a 17 rounder in the 320 as well. Plus it's made for the compact reflex optic sights, right now that's the Sig Romeo Zero and Shield RMCs but I'm thinking other makers should be producing some to fit these size pistols in the near future.

Everybody has different needs and situations so finding a balance between concealability, capacity and "shootability" is going to be different for everybody, but just on first impressions I gotta say this 365XL feels like it's as close to that sweet spot as anything else I've looked at. The store/range has them for rent so definitely going to try it out.

[Linked Image from sigsauer.com]
[Linked Image from sigsauer.com]

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Or, you could buy a P365 and add a XL grip module. wink

Sig has this thing figured out.

Robert Frost
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
That's a definite possibility. Make a P365 Carry model with shorter barrel and longer grip... wink

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
The 365XL also has the removable plate for the small red dot optic if that is important to you.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I ended up buying a regular P365 and ordered a 12 round extended magazine for it which arrived just yesterday. That 12 round mag makes the grip length the same as the XL model. Before that I shot it with the 10 round mag and pinky extension and me likee! Picture shows the very first 19 rounds through it - off hand, two handed, center hold to check POI. 14 rounds of Blazer 115 gr. factory ammo and 5 of my standard reloads. As you can see, I think it's hitting pretty near where I want it. wink

Recoil was very controllable even with the smaller grip, muzzle flip definitely felt less than the Kahr CW9 this is replacing. Trigger is very good. I went on to fire about 100 rounds through it at 7 and 15 yards semi-rapid fire - present and squeeze the trigger once or double tap just as soon as the sights look right. At 15 yards groups strayed a bit to the right - I'm left handed so will work on my grip for that - but shots stayed in the black so are certainly adequate for the intended use.

Haven't shot it with the 12 rounder for a full grip yet but might get out today or tomorrow morning to do that. This will definitely put both the Kahr CW9 and a Ruger LCP into retirement. An IWB holster is on order and should be here in about a week.

On the 365XL - I really like the balance and feel of that longer barrel but think this standard 365 with a 12 round mag makes the best concealable "carry" combo, emulating the idea of the P320 X-Carry version or the Glock G45 combining a compact slide and full size grip frame. Still might go ahead and get a 365 XL anyway 'cause, ya know, I like guns and why not? wink

[Linked Image]

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

225 members (10Glocks, 12344mag, 257 mag, 1eyedmule, 2UP, 300jimmy, 15 invisible), 1,409 guests, and 916 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,061
Posts18,463,301
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.