Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by pabucktail
So there’s no more online subscription? They’ve provided no notice of this. Reckon I’ll still get rifle and HL but no more of their hunting mag. They included it free and even at that price it never impressed.

My subscription is online only.

BP-B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[s][/s]
Originally Posted by pabucktail
Reckon I’ll still get rifle and HL but no more of their hunting mag. They included it free and even at that price it never impressed.

Successful Hunter is definitely the weak, redheaded step-sister of the family.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
I can't seem to log in on the new websites. Guess a call to them is in order

Society of Intolerant Old Men. Rifle Slut Division
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I really hate that you can no longer download the issue. I have kept the last few years on a thumb drive and refer to it frequently. Now, you can see the magazine, but cannot download. The lady at CS said it was done because of a security issue. I guess my security solution is to cancel my subscription, peruse the issues on the stand, and buy the ones that have what I am interested in. I think they are going to be losing a lot of subscribers because of this.

W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Same here. I liked the downloaded pdf versions. Security issue my ass. Somebody sold them a pack of IT bullschit. Accordingly, I won’t be renewing. I’ll flip them at the store and call it good; just like I dumped the other hook & bullet rags.

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by ready_on_the_right
Handloader
Successful Hunter
Rifle

All of them work fine on my computer.

Mike

I have no issues either.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by ScottBrad
I gave up on them a few years ago. Their subscription department is second to none when it comes to useless.

Might be good magazines but I've survived 4 years without.

Good luck with those idiots.

This thread caught my eye and I hate to pile on but I cancelled my online and print subscriptions back in 2010 after a LOT of years of print subscriptions and three years of online subscriptions to all three magazines. I kind of hated to do it, because my favorite writers (this means you John B. and Phil S.) were frequent contributors.

Not sure what its like now, but back then if you failed to download the pdf files of the magazines within a set amount of time, you were locked out from ever downloading them again (even if you were a subscriber at the time--and I subscribed to both print and online but didn't know it was a "you snooze, you lose" type of subscription. I reached out to customer service thinking maybe they could confirm my years of subscriptions and help me get the pdf's. I had an email exchange with Don (of Wolfe Publishing Company) being as polite as I could, and he ended up saying he didn't know what I was talking about and finished with "I just don't understand why you have an attitude. We have been most helpful to you..." At that point he lost a customer forever. I just got a post card the other day that said "We want you back." It went straight into the trash. I have loved every book I have bought straight from John and Eileen and love hearing Phil's insights on this forum.

I still have all my old emails and that exchange was classic. It's incredibly rare to have someone be that rude to a customer. I was so mad but just decided to take the high road and never send them another dollar.

Cope
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just got off the phone with them. The issues are indeed no longer available for download. The explanation I got was that the PDFs weren't searchable by Google, and that advertisers were getting ads for free. Sounds like BS to me, but whatever the explanation, if I can't download and save the issues, it's of no use to me. Thankfully, the rep agreed to refund my money for my renewal they billed me for last month. Too bad.

No doubt they'll continue to send me solicitations as they have been ever since I converted to digital from print. The left hand still doesn't know what the right hand is doing.

What fresh Hell is this?
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
You can go to each column and download it as a pdf. I just did it.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
You can go to each column and download it as a pdf. I just did it.

You go ahead. I have enough trouble keeping the magazines sorted out as it is.

This is just a bonehead move on their part.

What fresh Hell is this?
IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Pappy348
...This is just a bonehead move on their part.

I have to agree, but as long as their bottom line remains unaffected, it just doesn't matter. Remember, ad dollars rule here. If the advertisers are happy; satisfied that their wares are receiving the proper exposure, nothing will change.

With apologies to the late Gene Pitney,

It Hurts to be Online

It hurts to be online,
When the only ones online,
Turn out to be readers
Who are not online with you....

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We'll see. The rep I spoke with got a little tight; I suspect I'm not the only one he's had to deal with about this.

Might go back to paper copies when I stop being pissed, but certainly not that embarrassing Successful Hunter.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I stopped in and had a nice talk with Don, the owner of Wolfe Pub, and he assures me he has changed things and they seem to be working.
The problem he has is that every time he makes a suggested change, the folks that have recently become familiar with the old system start complaining.

But he is attempting to make it as user friendly as possible.

Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master Guide,
Alaska Hunter Ed Instructor
FAA Master pilot
www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is not effective has either not used one, or else is unwittingly commenting on their marksmanship.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
...This is just a bonehead move on their part.

I have to agree, but as long as their bottom line remains unaffected, it just doesn't matter. Remember, ad dollars rule here. If the advertisers are happy; satisfied that their wares are receiving the proper exposure, nothing will change.

With apologies to the late Gene Pitney,

It Hurts to be Online

It hurts to be online,
When the only ones online,
Turn out to be readers
Who are not online with you....

Love it! I thought that I was the only one who remembered Gene for something other than "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance".

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Might go back to paper copies when I stop being pissed, but certainly not that embarrassing Successful Hunter.

AKA Lee J. Hoots fails Remedial Writing.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Never met the gentleman, but I have this notion I wouldn't like him much.

What fresh Hell is this?
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Never met the gentleman, but I have this notion I wouldn't like him much.

Yep. I wrote him off as a doofus several years ago when he wrote a .270 isn't sufficient for big mule deer.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by Kellywk
The writing and content side is excellent, the back office part always seems to be a train wreck

^^^^^^This^^^^^

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Seems like every time I've contacted the sub department, they've dropped the ball. When I went digital, I was assured that my remaining issues would be applied to the new subscription. Nope, I continued to get magazines,so paid twice for a few issues. Same sort of snafu occurred earlier when I tried to combine the HL and Rifle subscriptions. Had to let both expire in order to get that done. I suspect their data resides in a shoebox under someone's desk.

I have no problem with digital content, but when you sell me a digital subscription that allows me to download and backup the content I purchased, then yank the rug out from under me without notice, forcing me to figure it out myself, you've served me very poorly, and reduced the value of what I paid for. It's bad enough that missing the download window would mean you might not get access to the mags, the doofus I talked to yesterday acted like the ability to print the articles individually (on my dime) somehow made up for not being able to just download the whole shebang in one swoop and enjoy it offline at my leisure. If I wanted hard copy, I would have stayed with paper issues.

Contrast this futz-up with my subscription to the RLN, that allows me not only to download and save the issues, but also access every previous issue too.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by plainsman456
I get them in print because it is hard to balance the laptop in your lap while working. whistle

Or while on the throne in the reading room.

I'm just a boomer who likes to read paper magazines and books. I was just looking at a magazine article on a rifle and the author was describing some features on the stock. Very easy for me to flip back a page or two to look at full pics of the rifle in question............not so easy to do or even see on a small screen. I'll stick with paper thank you very much.

Only interactions I've had with their subscription department has been multiple address changes over the years for permanent and seasonal moves. When issues have been missed, sent to wrong address, or "lost" by the USPS Wolfe has always been good about sending me the missing issue.

Hope, as Phil pointed out that they're attempting, that they get the situation worked out to all y'alls satisfaction soon.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
105 members (338reddog, 405joe, 7mm_Loco, 10gaugemag, 444Matt, 12 invisible), 1,382 guests, and 664 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,588
Posts18,397,868
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.