Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
I ended up buying a regular P365 and ordered a 12 round extended magazine for it which arrived just yesterday. . . .

Recoil was very controllable even with the smaller grip, muzzle flip definitely felt less than the Kahr CW9 this is replacing. Trigger is very good. I went on to fire about 100 rounds through it at 7 and 15 yards semi-rapid fire - present and squeeze the trigger once or double tap just as soon as the sights look right. At 15 yards groups strayed a bit to the right - I'm left handed so will work on my grip for that - but shots stayed in the black so are certainly adequate for the intended use.

. . .

On the 365XL - I really like the balance and feel of that longer barrel but think this standard 365 with a 12 round mag makes the best concealable "carry" combo, emulating the idea of the P320 X-Carry version or the Glock G45 combining a compact slide and full size grip frame. Still might go ahead and get a 365 XL anyway 'cause, ya know, I like guns and why not? wink

Like! Your post mirrors a lot of reports. I shoot my P365 with the flat base 10 round magazines and feel about the same as you in terms of recoil, trigger and accuracy. If I am going to use 12 round magazines, I may as well carry the XL. But, that's just me.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
GB1

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I bought my P365 before the XL came out or I would have likely gone with the XL. I shot mine once with the 10 round mags and promptly ordered a couple of 12 rounders which is all I use now.

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JGray
I bought my P365 before the XL came out or I would have likely gone with the XL. I shot mine once with the 10 round mags and promptly ordered a couple of 12 rounders which is all I use now.

Buy a $40 XL frame and have at it. You would also need to switch the 12-round base pads you have for XL's ($5).

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Wouldn't the XL grip frame be essentially the same as the standard P365 with the extended 12 round mag? I did spend a bunch of time on Sig's website today and think I'll order the X frame for my P320, along with the flat trigger...

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
The 12 round magazine makes the 365 grip as long as the XL but there are some subtle differences in the shape of the XL grip - cut a smidge higher in back with a beavertail for one.

I looked on the Sig website tonight and unless I've missed it completely they no longer list the 365 XL grip module, just extra modules for the standard 365. It was there four days ago showing out of stock but you could ask for an email notification when they had some. Not sure what is going on, whether they won't offer it in the immediate future or what. There are some XL grip modules for sale at various places on the internet but they don't have the magazine release assembly in them like the factory offering so you'd have to swap that from the 365 as well.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
IC B2

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
PPS When the P320 first came out, I bought one and shot it side by side with my Glock. The difference in the recoil impulse was disturbing to me, in that there was noticeable flip with the P320, vs the Glock. That was enough for me to put the P320 up for sale. Since it was hard to find at that time, I had no trouble getting most of my money back on the sale.

When the 320 came out, I thought it was a lazy move on Sigs part to basically configure a P250 into a striker fired gun. Being hammer fired, the P250 sits taller in the hand, much taller than a striker fired gun should ever be. It makes the 320 flippy compared to a Glock or even an M&P. I’m really surprised it has done as well as it has, considering the P250 was a flop.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by Gooch_McGrundle
PPS When the P320 first came out, I bought one and shot it side by side with my Glock. The difference in the recoil impulse was disturbing to me, in that there was noticeable flip with the P320, vs the Glock. That was enough for me to put the P320 up for sale. Since it was hard to find at that time, I had no trouble getting most of my money back on the sale.

When the 320 came out, I thought it was a lazy move on Sigs part to basically configure a P250 into a striker fired gun. Being hammer fired, the P250 sits taller in the hand, much taller than a striker fired gun should ever be. It makes the 320 flippy compared to a Glock or even an M&P. I’m really surprised it has done as well as it has, considering the P250 was a flop.

You sound like TRH. I can't feel the so called "whippy feel that you 2 talk about.
I like my 320 very much

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by jwp475

You sound like TRH. I can't feel the so called "whippy feel that you 2 talk about.
I like my 320 very much

It’s not unshootable, just a little flippy compared to what I am used to. Which frame and slide are you using? I saw the X Carry and thought it might be a good combo of slide size and grip length. I had a full size and an X Subcompact. I didn’t care for the full size. One issue is my left thumb would rest right up against the takedown lever and the contact while shooting kind of hurt. I had never experienced that with a handgun before. The X Subcompact was an impulse buy. To me, both 320s felt a little tall and top heavy for a polymer striker fired gun. Oddly enough, I love Sig classic pistols like the 220, 226, and 229.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

I like my 320 very much

It’s not unshootable, just a little flippy compared to what I am used to. Which frame and slide are you using? I saw the X Carry and thought it might be a good combo of slide size and grip length. I had a full size and an X Subcompact. I didn’t care for the full size. One issue is my left thumb would rest right up against the takedown lever and the contact while shooting kind of hurt. I had never experienced that with a handgun before. The X Subcompact was an impulse buy. To me, both 320s felt a little tall and top heavy for a polymer striker fired gun. Oddly enough, I love Sig classic pistols like the 220, 226, and 229.

I have the Xcsrry 4.7" barrel. I honestly don't notice any "whippy"
Bluedreaux shot a 320 against the time and shot it just as fast and accurately as his competition pistol. To me it's a non issue

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The 365 looked appealing so I rounded up my favorite S&W 3953, Sig 390, Firestar plus and borrowed a couple Kahrs and Glocks and spent a few days testing them against each other for close range speed and point abilities and accuracy to 50 yards.
Each showed strengths but overall I couldn't argue with the slightly better results with the 365

Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master Guide,
Alaska Hunter Ed Instructor
FAA Master pilot
www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is not effective has either not used one, or else is unwittingly commenting on their marksmanship.
IC B3

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by 458Win
The 365 looked appealing so I rounded up my favorite S&W 3953, Sig 390, Firestar plus and borrowed a couple Kahrs and Glocks and spent a few days testing them against each other for close range speed and point abilities and accuracy to 50 yards.
Each showed strengths but overall I couldn't argue with the slightly better results with the 365

The P365s are outstanding

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G

I like my 320 very much

I have the Xcsrry 4.7" barrel. I honestly don't notice any "whippy"
Bluedreaux shot a 320 against the time and shot it just as fast and accurately as his competition pistol. To me it's a non issue

I guess personal preferences are good for business. I like how there are so many more options these days.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

I like my 320 very much

Odd that you like the classic sigs with about the same bore axis height at the 320. The P365 gives me some trigger slap, but I shoot it as good as a full size G17. At the end of the day, I feel like many of us post up comments like we are WildBH, but the reality is that very few of us shoot a pistol that well, and then what does shooting a pistol well mean? Some think its most shots centered on a silhouette at 7 yards, a good day for me means most shots into an apple at 15 yards, for others 2 inches at 25 yards under timed conditions....most of us really suck but we are legends in our own minds. OTOH I shoot the compact SIG's better than the compact Glocks. Whippy does sound like TRH.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I like the classic Sigs mainly because I like metal framed guns. The weight is distributed differently and more evenly, IMO. Its hard to have a really low bore axis with a hammer fired gun because of the guts needed for the hammer. Hi Powers have a decently low bore axis, but I get hammer bite from them if unmodified.

I’m also into 1911s. So really, I’m kind of all over the place. Its all about personal preference. I’ve really enjoyed my M&P 2.0s.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I just picked up my 365 yesterday. I’ve shot it enough to know I’ve found my new concealed carry gun.

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
how many microseconds does the low bore axis shave off your performance in the pistol matches? I always think back to "fast is fine, but accuracy is final"... I suck as a pistol shot, I am sure your better, but shooting glocks and sigs, the sig is more accurate for the first shot.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by jimmyp
how many microseconds does the low bore axis shave off your performance in the pistol matches? I always think back to "fast is fine, but accuracy is final"... I suck as a pistol shot, I am sure your better, but shooting glocks and sigs, the sig is more accurate for the first shot.

I’m not sure that there would be any increase in time and I do think that SIGs are more accurate when I shoot them deliberately, like on a PPC. But when shooting reactively, I’ve come accustomed to guns that sit lower in my hand like Glock and S&W. Its strictly personal preference.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
On the 320 what's the difference between the 320 carry and the X carry?

Also, does anyone have a 365 with the manual safety? I have been carrying an M&P 2.0 40 in the compact with the safety and I really like it. Not sure why but I like the idea of the 365 with the safety too.

CDNN has had some reconditioned sigs on sale lately. There are some 226s and 229s too. The even have some 357 sig models. That's a cartridge that has always intrigued me. I bet expansion is very reliable at sig speeds.

Bb

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
On the 320 what's the difference between the 320 carry and the X carry?

Also, does anyone have a 365 with the manual safety? I have been carrying an M&P 2.0 40 in the compact with the safety and I really like it. Not sure why but I like the idea of the 365 with the safety too.

CDNN has had some reconditioned sigs on sale lately. There are some 226s and 229s too. The even have some 357 sig models. That's a cartridge that has always intrigued me. I bet expansion is very reliable at sig speeds.

Bb

The carry and x-carry have the same size slide and use the full size magazine. The main difference is the grip shape and the x carry slide comes RDS capable. I think the x-carry grip feels nicer.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I agree, I have both major brands of guns, and at my skill level cannot discern a major difference in speed, the sigs shoot well for me, however a G17 shoots well for me. I recon I should have someone with a timer see how fast I can fire 5 with either gun.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

565 members (10ring1, 160user, 10gaugeman, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 12344mag, 55 invisible), 2,445 guests, and 1,149 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,214
Posts18,466,291
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.