Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
A decade or so ago I was searching hard for my favorite Doublegun made, The Winchester Model 21 Duck Grade with 32" Barrels. I found one that I could afford and bought it. It was in very good condition and a collectors item for sure. I decided I was going to shoot it as is even though the stock did not fit me. I shot it pretty well considering. But I wanted it to fit me, so I had two options. One leather add on adjustments or Two a custom stock. I spent a lot of money on this gun and the tough of having a custom stock made was stressful. One I wanted to hunt this gun and I mean truly hunt it, Puddle Ducks, Divers, and Sea Ducks. But I knew if I was going to have a custom stock I was going to get the most beautiful wood to me that I cloud find. Also I wanted to shoot sporting clays with it. So chances were high of it getting ding up. So I sold it, but it haunted me and haunts me to this day. Well I was talking to a buddy yesterday and he said to me that he saw my gun for sale. I asked him if he was sure and he was. He was at the shop that sold it for him when they were getting ready to mail it off to its new owner. Dam talk about a kick in the side! Well now it has me looking for another you only live once.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I wish I could console you or help you............

I know where there are two Heavy Duck 21's in one place. Not sure of barrel length. But sure they aren't currently for sale. 😕

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Least I can do for a Bud....might as well start out with what looks like a relatively fresh one....

https://www.gunsinternational.com/g...el-21-duck-12-gauge.cfm?gun_id=101339436

laissez les bons temps rouler
M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
Oh finding them isn't the problem! It is a project I may take on in the near future.

Battue I know where one was, May still be there new in box, wrapped and with hang tags! But the price tag is a little bit more than the one you posted! smile

Honestly the way to roll it would be just have CSMC build me exactly what I want, but that ain't a real Model 21 Duck at least to me anyways.

IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
New in the box, wrapped and with hang tags! You take that one out and start fiddling on it and some Winchester collectors will be on Zoloft for life. In addition, I'm sure there will be a couple that will require a trip to the ER, because you had the disrespect to take the lid off and look inside.

Damn boy, think what you are about to do. And by the way, can I be there when you flip the lid......

I got the chance to do the same with a Krieghoff Essencia and there was silence in the room when I mated the parts. You do the same with a virgin Model 21 Duck and someone somewhere is going to explode.

Last edited by battue; 01/20/20.

M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by battue
New in the box, wrapped and with hang tags! You take that one out and start fiddling on it and some Winchester collectors will be on Zoloft for life. In addition, I'm sure there will be a couple that will require a trip to the ER, because you had the disrespect to take the lid off and look inside.

Damn boy, think what you are about to do. And by the way, can I be there when you flip the lid......

I got the chance to do the same with a Krieghoff Essencia and there was silence in the room when I mated the parts. You do the same with a virgin Model 21 Duck and someone somewhere is going to explode.

Battue I am not buying that shotgun the price tag was or is to rich for my modest earnings. If I were to buy that one and I am not! It would stay as is but be shot from time to time on blue bird days. Which in itself could get me hurt! smile

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I knew you were not going to buy that one, but it would be so much fun if you did. Because I know you couldn't help from pulling the trigger. Then a bluebird day would turn into that one day were; "I'm going to hunt this gun hard, like it was meant to be hunted. Just one day." And from there....

M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
Haha...... You are probably right. Last time I looked at it the price tag said $22,000.00 frown

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
Haha...... You are probably right. Last time I looked at it the price tag said $22,000.00 frown

Damn, there must be a scratching of King Buck on it someplace....

IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
I have not looked at it in a while. Might be gone. I try to stay away.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
For $22,000 it better come with the Swedish bikini team........

😁

M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Yoder409

😁

It is a pristine Complete never fired Model 21 Duck Grade, it doesn't need a Swedish bikini team! smile

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

😁

It is a pristine Complete never fired Model 21 Duck Grade, it doesn't need a Swedish bikini team! smile

I bet that the Swedish bikini team would "fit" you better ! laugh

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jimy

😁

I bet that the Swedish bikini team would "fit" you better ! laugh

You'll find no argument in THAT !!! 😂😂😂

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

602 members (12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 16penny, 1337Fungi, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 62 invisible), 3,263 guests, and 1,129 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,304
Posts18,468,097
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.