-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I have a Savage Fox 20 ga double, Mod B series H, thatI am planning on selling. The question is, how to list it. It to me, should be listed as a barelled action, because nothing is original as issued due to cutoff barrels (now 26") cylinder bore. The buttstock has been shortened and and re-configured. The forearm is the original shape and looks good, just no longer has checkering. The action and all the metal is in like new condition and it functions correctly. The case coloring is near perfect.
I bought the shotgun from a guy years ago (70's) that had shot the gun at some geese with mud in the barrels. I cut the barrels ,put a new front bead on it and then gave it to my12 year old son who proceeded to make it fit him. Thus the short stock etc. I was a full-time gunsmith at the time and didn't have the time to dick with it.
He shot ducks and a goose or two with the cylinder bore and 5 or 6 years later his younger brother shot a lot of ducks with it.
anyway, the oldest boy let me trade him out of it, and I had plans to make it new again,
I just don't feel like messing with it anymore now that I am retired and m wife and I decided to do more things than hang around my shop.
Now, since I have decided to sell it, should I part it out, sell it whole or use it the way it is. I don't need another shotgun to shoot so it's going to go!
What kind of value do you think I should ask for it? I know that it would take several hundred dollars to replace the barrels and the butt stock and I don't plan on doing that.
I know should keep it, but that ain't going to happen.
So, do any of you know what I could get out of the metal only.?
I can take pictures of it tomorrow and post or send them.
If you have any thoughts or ideas , I would appreciate the help.
Thanks,
Ken

GB1

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Don't over think this. List it as :

Savage Fox ModB,

20 ga, barrels cut to 26", Cyl/Cyl chokes, stock cut for youth, good metal

$150.

It should sell fairly quickly.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Thanks woodmaster, I do have a habit of overthinking things. smile
I think I will take some pics of it and post it on classifieds today sometime.
I think the $150.00 sounds about right also.

Thanks again,
Ken

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Note the LOP, rather than just saying "stock cut".

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
$150 + FFL fee and shipping is mighty high for a chopped up Fox B

Music washes away the dust of everyday life
Some people wait a lifetime to meet their favorite hunting and shooting buddy. Mine calls me dad
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I guess I need to provide a "rest of the story" to you guys about the shotgun. I posted it for sale on the classifieds for $175.00 shipped and sold it in 3 minutes.
I had several guys wanting it if the first person backed out. I also never posted in this forum or the classified forum the length of pull mainly because I considered whoever bought it would be replacing the stock. I also posted pictures. Obviously the L.O.P. wasn't important to the potentiol buyers.
I did inform woodmaster81 of the sale and thanked him for his advice which was what I had asked for.
I do appreciate your input, thanks,

Ken

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by kennymauser
I guess I need to provide a "rest of the story" to you guys about the shotgun. I posted it for sale on the classifieds for $175.00 shipped and sold it in 3 minutes.
I had several guys wanting it if the first person backed out. I also never posted in this forum or the classified forum the length of pull mainly because I considered whoever bought it would be replacing the stock. I also posted pictures. Obviously the L.O.P. wasn't important to the potentiol buyers.
I did inform woodmaster81 of the sale and thanked him for his advice which was what I had asked for.
I do appreciate your input, thanks,

Ken

Congrats on the sale. You owe nobody any explanation.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Seeing how quickly it went, I should have recommended a higher price!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I was thinking $150 before I scrolled down to your estimate. someone will be happy they bought this, good project piece. or use as-is for grouse, woodcock, whatever

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I would rather be happy with a sell and know the buyer was happy too than to be upset because I might have left a few dollars on the table.

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

563 members (1minute, 270wsmnutt, 2ndwind, 260Remguy, 160user, 10gaugemag, 58 invisible), 2,166 guests, and 1,260 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,291
Posts18,448,935
Members73,900
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.