Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
irfubar Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Curious how these fairly substantial chunks of glass could crack with no visible external signs of an impact? hmmm could the manufacturer be makin schit up? who benefits? hmmmm

Oh and both of them cracking no less... what are the odds.... I smell bullshit

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
BP-B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Swaro's warranty does not included repairing 10-15 year old damaged binos for free. Never has.

It was your Epic Whining, the ignorant accusation of Swaro "not living up to their warranty" when their warranty never has stated such is what started this to begin with.

Unreasonable expectations result in unreasonable behavior--it's a trait for some folks..........

It doesn't matter who the manufacturer is, I would say the same thing.

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by irfubar
Curious how these fairly substantial chunks of glass could crack with no visible external signs of an impact? hmmm could the manufacturer be makin schit up? who benefits? hmmmm

Exactly. They don't suddenly both crack by themselves. Visual damage on the exterior has never been a requirement to break something internally--people who have worked outside of an office understand that.

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
irfubar Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Ok again so everyone can be aware Swaro's warranties are not transferable...... for some people.... for some it is transferable, sorta.... ok , it was until it wasn't.

And if they have to make up stuff like cracked prism's to get out of it that's ok....... world class policy they got goin on.... hahahahaha

"A lifetime warranty on internal optical element" wink

irfubar Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by alpinecrick

Exactly. They don't suddenly both crack by themselves. Visual damage on the exterior has never been a requirement to break something internally--people who have worked outside of an office understand that.

I spent my working life repairing things and in customer service..... nice try... swing and a miss

IC B2

irfubar Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Why couldn't they just tell me the glue that holds the prism's in place failed? ooh I know they don't want it getting out their world class optics are glued together... Bwahahahahhaha

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by WAM
I like good optics as much as the next guy and trust Doug to steer me in the right direction for things that I’m not sure of. He sold me Leica binos and a Leica Visus scope that I’m very satisfied with and it didn’t hurt that they were on sale. I have a Leica 1000-R rangefinder that I’ve had for 7 years (?) that has served me well. I’ve also never ever had a Burris product fail and I have several. Kahles is pretty spiffy glass, too. They fixed a sticking power ring for free on an older Helia C although it had to go back to Austria for repair. I only paid shipping and insurance to the US facility. Everyone that I know (small sample) that has Swarovski optics has been uber satisfied so far. I think sometimes we tend to attempt to pick the fly schit out of the pepper. Happy Trails

Dude, Can’t you read? Your post is like someone who ambled into traffic and fell down, on purpose, just begging to get hit....

We have a disagreement taking place about Swaro CS only...Sheesh!

😬😜😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
irfubar Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by WAM
I like good optics as much as the next guy and trust Doug to steer me in the right direction for things that I’m not sure of. He sold me Leica binos and a Leica Visus scope that I’m very satisfied with and it didn’t hurt that they were on sale. I have a Leica 1000-R rangefinder that I’ve had for 7 years (?) that has served me well. I’ve also never ever had a Burris product fail and I have several. Kahles is pretty spiffy glass, too. They fixed a sticking power ring for free on an older Helia C although it had to go back to Austria for repair. I only paid shipping and insurance to the US facility. Everyone that I know (small sample) that has Swarovski optics has been uber satisfied so far. I think sometimes we tend to attempt to pick the fly schit out of the pepper. Happy Trails

Dude, Can’t you read? Your post is like someone who ambled into traffic and fell down, on purpose, just begging to get hit....

😬😜😎

Right Beav.... for a minute I thought maybe Hanco hi-jacked WAM's account.... smile just kidding guys....

My whole point that I have been trying to communicate in this thread (and not doing it well) is , what about the working guy with a young family, mortgage etc.?.. saves his lunch money to get a pair of famous Swarovski binoculars, he can't swing the new cost so he opts for used believing he will have the best and be taken care of...... only to find out he fell for marketing hype and alpincricks fanboy club bullshit? And his dream bino's are half of what he thought they would be..... and to ad insult to injury , due to change in warranty policy his bino's have lost much of their resale value.....

I understand why a company in today's competitive market would have a hard time maintaining lifetime warranty, hell they have been in business forever and must have a mountain of repairs to do every day.
Cuts into the bottom line for sure. Also understand how a European company , due to high tax's labor etc.... has a hard time competing with Asian markets.... but I believe the fact is Swarovski has created an image of being the best and charging top dollar because of it.

I also understand how the Asian suppliers can simply replace faulty optics rather than repair due to cost.

That being said, I also believe the mark up on an Alpha optic is huge.... as in big enough to warranty the over priced product they sell. Part of what you pay for is top service.

I am curious why alpinecrick is so emotionally invested in defending them?

Oh and by the way the fictional blue-color guy I referred to is not me...... I can afford the best..... so maybe Casey is right about something, i.e. I am whining....... smile

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
I am, was that guy irfubar describes with young family and mortgage prostituting myself out with side jobs to buy swarovski el binos about 15 years ago. I watched that brand increase in price almost 10 percent a year retail no matter what the economy was doing. Finally squeezed the trigger and purchased. I hope Doug will inquire about customer service at shot, maybe set us straight. I have seen more issues with swarovski like Greg and irfubar than the no hassle others have had. Cleanings and adjustments are lifetime? I sent mine in for cleaning and I knew I had a scratch in objective, doesn't effect use, but they never offered me a price until after I called. My buddy sent identical binos in same week, he trashes stuff, got a complete rebuild and glass replacement etc for nothing? We are one year apart on serial #s. It's scary when a group of us has over 25k in swarovski optics in a truck. The brand loyalty was there, but it's frustrating not knowing when you ship to SONA. But, I did get the rain protector for eyeguards I never use and a chicken chit fortune cookie piece of paper advising me not to clean lenses with liquid based products (which I've never done) for free😀

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I’m one of this guys who are saving my money to buy optics, and I will not be buying “Alpha” glass. PacTim glass can be very good, and they aren’y so proud of their products that they don’t fix them if they break,

IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Did they actually want you to pay the $450.00 or did they give that as an "estimate" only? I've sent binos back to Swarovski for repair and they sent me an estimate, but never once tried to collect other than for scratched lenses that I knew going in I would have to pay to replace. Several times the binos showed up on my doorstep within a couple of days of receiving their estimate.

I used to buy and sell a bunch of used optics and Swarovski's customer service was second to none.

irfubar Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
It was an estimate and I had to make payment before they would service them. They also informed me I had 30 days or they would send them back.

Last edited by irfubar; 01/19/20.

W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by WAM

😬😜😎

Sure thing! If you scroll back a few posts you’ll see others commenting on various other optics. LOL!

Say, how do you determine what is ground pepper and what is fly schit?

I have been known to ramble incoherently but you can bet it’s not from being a fanboy or opining repeating someone else’s drivel.

Happy Trails. 🤣🤣🤣

But I enjoy your posts immensely.. they are usually entertaining or funny.

Last edited by WAM; 01/19/20.

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Curious how these fairly substantial chunks of glass could crack with no visible external signs of an impact?

I've heard rumors of "cold shock", but primarily related to Kowa fluorite crystal. Never experienced it with any of my optics.

irfubar Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 4th_point
Curious how these fairly substantial chunks of glass could crack with no visible external signs of an impact?

I've heard rumors of "cold shock", but primarily related to Kowa fluorite crystal. Never experienced it with any of my optics.

I could buy that, but wouldn't that be covered with a warranty?

Also it hasn't been that cold this winter

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I have considered a Swaro scope but this forum has convinced me to pass for various reasons.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 4th_point

I could buy that, but wouldn't that be covered with a warranty?

Also it hasn't been that cold this winter

People claim hot truck to cold ambient, or maybe versa vice. Seen it mentioned several times, but always seems to be a Kowa.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Hogwild7
I have considered a Swaro scope but this forum has convinced me to pass for various reasons.

Exactly why they would have been better off just fixing them and eating the cost.
More will feel the same as you do.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Well, did you pay it?

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
They make fantastic costume jewelry and crystal figurines. I bought a Z5 2 months ago, I had no where close where I could actually compare it. My last Meopro was just as good for my purposes.

I would not pay them 450 to fix the binos. I would however point them to this thread and tell them to GFT.

Doug, you left out Zeiss I have a set of FL's that have a lifetime fully transferable warranty.

Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
382 members (204guy, 280shooter, 29aholic, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 16penny, 46 invisible), 2,260 guests, and 1,110 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,723
Posts18,400,595
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.