Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Did some home work. Found a Dr. that does lots of them with a good reputation. Drank a tall boy before walking in to calm nerves. Minor discomfort the first day but no big deal. Drove 900+ miles to Montana for family vacation a couple days later with no problem. I did decline the kids request to go horseback riding that week.

GB1

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Well Flave.......looks like we is outvoted on this deal.

Amazing.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Had it done 32 years ago. Takes the worry out of fuucking!

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Neuterd Tom cat....
Just lay around on the sofa and eat mode.

Fugg that.....

Watch while the smoke rolls outta your nutsack when the sodering iron they use is in action
Balls swell up the size of a small grapefruit.

Fugg that.....

Knew several dudes that had it done while I was in the army.

None of it sounded any good.

Just have the old lady get her tubes tied.

Better yet
Just do money shots....

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
It don’t hurt.... too bad

IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
I got snipped a few years ago. Minor discomfort for a few days,everything was back to normal within a week.

I still feel like it's one of the better decisions I ever made

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Had it done 18 or so years ago. Nothing to the actual surgery..... local anesthetic, no stitches, no real discomfort. Couple days celibate, then back in the saddle to flush those swimmers out. The decision to get it done is another matter, one that only you can make. 35 seems a bit young to me, but again, a decision you have to be good with.

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Ducksanddogs

For those of you who have had a vasectomy, worth it? Out of commission for how long? Painful? Any other thoughts? I’m 35, happily married, have two kids, and we’ve decided we’re done.

Considering getting one and want to hear from some like-minded folk.

Got one on my early 20s ( I don't like kids...to put it mildly..) Absolutely the best decision I ever made in my life. Not too awful painful, out of commission per se for about 4 weeks IIRC...other thoughts...if you ever end up single again, its like having a license to kill. Also..your wife doesn't have to be on BC pills with al the hormonal stuff going on there...its a win/win.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
No big deal if you're sure you're done. The urologist who did mine, did his own. The ultimate DIY job.

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
two places I don't want someone with a scalpel

my balls and my eyes. ( I won't get lasik surgery either)

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
IC B3

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by ingwe
Originally Posted by Ducksanddogs

For those of you who have had a vasectomy, worth it? Out of commission for how long? Painful? Any other thoughts? I’m 35, happily married, have two kids, and we’ve decided we’re done.

Considering getting one and want to hear from some like-minded folk.

Got one on my early 20s ( I don't like kids...to put it mildly..) Absolutely the best decision I ever made in my life. Not too awful painful, out of commission per se for about 4 weeks IIRC...other thoughts...if you ever end up single again, its like having a license to kill. Also..your wife doesn't have to be on BC pills with al the hormonal stuff going on there...its a win/win.

Haha!

They got this new thing these days.......its called VD.

I am MAGA.
D
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by There_Ya_Go
No big deal if you're sure you're done. The urologist who did mine, did his own. The ultimate DIY job.

Jesus Christ. Although, after a few too many when one of my kids does something particularly boneheaded, I’ve threatened to do my own. Only difference, I suppose, is that he knows what he’s doing. My plan involved a sharpened spoon and a towel to bite.

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
I got a vasectomy when I was 42 and was sure I didn't want to have any more kids other than the 2 I had. If I had it to all over I would have gotten my wife to have her tubes tied but at time I got my vasectomy her Doc wasn't doing the arthroscopic tube tying procedure.

I asked everybody I knew who had had a vasectomy about their experience with the procedure and they all lied and said there nothing to it. I got a shot in my scrotum where the Doc about a 1 inch incision. I thought all the pain over after the shot but when he cut the first tube it hurt so bad I got nauseous and starting sweating. The nurse ask if I was ok and I "Not Really" but it was too late to back out. When the other tube it was just as painful. After the surgery the Doc put my testicles in a little jock strap and sent me on my way without a prescription for pain medication. He told me if I had a any pain to take Ibuprofen as needed. This was on Friday morning so I figured I'd be ready to go to work Monday like all my friends said I would. By the time I got home my testicles had fallen out of the jock strap and I was beginning to feel some pain. I ended up spending the rest of the weekend in bed on my back with a pillow under my butt so my testicles couldn't hang down. I had no pain unless they hanging. The Doc didn't tell me that sometimes your testicles don't get the message to cut back on sperm production right away and you might temporary swollen testicles. I had swollen testicles by Monday and ended wearing a jock strap and walking funny because of my swollen testicles (couldn't put my legs together). All my friends who told me there was nothing to it thought it was hilarious. I wore a jock strap and walked funny for the next 2 weeks. About 6 months later I jumped out of pickup bed at the deer lease and when I hit the ground the ground and my testicles hit the end of their ropes it was very painful. It took another 6 months for the pain to end completely.

Last edited by victoro; 01/20/20.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gsganzer
I had a vasectomy, but it didn't work. It just changed the color of the kids. The last two have been black..

LMAO! smile

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
D
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
What year were you 42?

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Originally Posted by UPhiker
If you're sure you're done with kids, do it. Uncomfortable for a couple days, but that's it.

I don't know anybody that had that experience.

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
As others have said, have her get an IUD. Best of both worlds. It makes sex worry free and spontaneous. No way I’m getting my sack carved on

Buy once, cry once.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I had my wife’s tubes stomped, tied and then burned and the hole filled up with concrete.

D
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by victoro
Originally Posted by UPhiker
If you're sure you're done with kids, do it. Uncomfortable for a couple days, but that's it.

I don't know anybody that had that experience.

Sounds like all your friends did?

D
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by deerhunter5555
As others have said, have her get an IUD. Best of both worlds. It makes sex worry free and spontaneous. No way I’m getting my sack carved on

As I mentioned earlier, an IUD won’t work. We tried and she had health issues associated with it.

Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

398 members (1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 160user, 1_deuce, 1lesfox, 22250rem, 36 invisible), 2,201 guests, and 1,032 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,493
Posts18,452,361
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.