Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by SKane
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by EdM
The Niners are looking pretty good so far. Packers, not so much...
Ya think? I turned it off at half-time.. The game was over right then... Now maybe the Pack will try to find a QB replacement for Rodgers... He's old and slow.. And he's developed 'tunnel vision'... Time to go..

Oh, fer chrissakes Lee - name a single WR/TE on the Packers roster not named Adams that'd start on another NFL roster...
Plenty of gas left in his tank.

Never has a team do so much with so little. It's the same story as always for GB. IE you cant expect Rodgers to pull off a miracle every week.

BP-B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Rodgers has fallen off quite a bit. He's older, slower, less accurate, less evasive.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Rodgers has fallen off quite a bit. He's older, slower, less accurate, less evasive.
All that and more.. Did you mention 'slow'?? laugh Right now a Nun in full Habit gear could chase him down for the count..

Plus - the O-line seems to be as porous as a sieve.. If Rodgers can't get rid of the ball at the 2-second mark he's likely to be kissing the grass with his facemask.. Several times there are receivers nicely open to continue a drive but his tunnel vision for a specific receiver has not helped his team - at all...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by EdM
Ya think? I turned it off at half-time.. The game was over right then... Now maybe the Pack will try to find a QB replacement for Rodgers... He's old and slow.. And he's developed 'tunnel vision'... Time to go..

Oh, fer chrissakes Lee - name a single WR/TE on the Packers roster not named Adams that'd start on another NFL roster...

I would say that some of the problem is that the offense is built too much around Adams when there are other options available.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
As I tell our sports loving daughter after a hard loss, "Repeat after me, three times, It's only a ball game, it's only a ball game". laugh

I wish I got paid what they do even when they lose. No smiley inserted.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

I think the Packer's are very lucky to have made it as far as they did with a new coach . Overall a good year, yes they have a lot of areas to work on and need more free agents. Rodgers was the main reason they went so far but they need someone in the wings soon. There really seems to be a lot of plays that the receivers are off routes and the pocket keeps collapsing on Rodgers. They got stomped by a much better team and couldn't stop the run.

"Jerry is dead, Phish suck time to get a job "
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Packers were absolutely gutted by the 49'ers. The 49'ers let up and allowed them to score a couple of easy TD's. They were beat in every category. Aaron better regroup or retire, he is looking old and lost his edge.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
Packers were absolutely gutted by the 49'ers. The 49'ers let up and allowed them to score a couple of easy TD's. They were beat in every category. Aaron better regroup or retire, he is looking old and lost his edge.

I saw what you did. I think they backed off a bit to prevent injuries going into the Super Bowl. They have a smart coach from a smart coach father. Given the right players, the '9ers will be the next dominating team for many years. Move over Patriots.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Plus - the O-line seems to be as porous as a sieve.. If Rodgers can't get rid of the ball at the 2-second mark he's likely to be kissing the grass with his facemask.. Several times there are receivers nicely open to continue a drive but his tunnel vision for a specific receiver has not helped his team - at all...

Time to fire McCarthy and Capers.....

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by aalf

Well, it's really Romo and Cutler's fault.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by aalf

Whatever...... Humor's not your forte....might wanna keep your day job..

This coach has done a super job with the mediocre talent he had to work with.. This new coach is NOT the problem.. We'll just have to wait and see what happens in the draft...

But speaking of McStupid - it should be easy to beat the snot outta Dallas next year... Everybody knows the plays will be 'run, run, pass'... laugh laugh

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
aalf (Pack expert) will very gently disagree...he's certain Rodgers is only 21 years old and can run the 100 in 4.2, easy...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by cfran
Did you watch him play the Seahawks the week prior? Hardly weak or off target. Rodgers is still one of the best, not a doubt in my mind.

Excellent point. It's amazing how many people seem to think the entire game revolves around the QB.

The Niners pass rush was fierce and the GB receivers weren't open. I suppose it was Rodger's fault the GB defense couldn't stop the run.

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by EdM

Apparently 14-4 and an appearance in the NFC championship game isn't competitive enough for Redneck. Lou Holtz reflecting on "competitive":

“The year before I went to Notre Dame, Miami beat us, 58-6, so the alumni said, ‘Coach, all we want to be is competitive.’

My first year we lost five games by a total of 14 points against some of the top teams in the country. I thought that was rather competitive, but the alums said, ‘No, you don’t understand. Competitive at Notre Dame means to win, not come close.’

“The second year we went to the Cotton Bowl and the alums said, ‘We meant win ‘em all,’

The third year we won ‘em all and they said, ‘We meant by a big score.’ ”

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
Campfire Regular
Online Mad
Campfire Regular
That ended ugly! Yes, we were lucky to have done so well with a rookie head coach. Yes, we were fortunate that Gutekunst went out and made some great moves in free agency. It's a good start but last night illustrated just how far behind Big Ted let the Packers fall. You can still smell his stink at 1265. I'm sure he's still convinced that he's the smartest guy in the room.

Deadlines and commitments, what to leave in, what to leave out...
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Rodgers is only 21 years old and can run the 100 in 4.2, easy...

Damn that’s fast

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by hunter4623
Rodgers is only 21 years old and can run the 100 in 4.2, easy...

Damn that’s fast

You should see what he can do when he's not wearing pads and a helmet. wink

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by hosfly
Rodgers did everything he could,,, to throw the game,, suprised he didnt throw blocks for SF,,

U miss the part where hes the greatest of all time.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
I’m a packers fan, but not obsessed like many fans. I’ve said all year, they are a good team, but not a super bowl team. I do think Rogers has lost half a step, but in my view, he’s still in the top level of QBs.
They got their ass handed to them by a team that “played” much better than the a Packers, yesterday.

NRA Patron
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Craigster
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Originally Posted by EdM
Born and raised (to age 35) not too far from SF and recall Kezar Stadium. My aunt (95 years old) still has season tickets started in the early 60's IIRC.

Dad used to make the trip over the hill from Reno on old Hwy 40 to take me to the '9ers games at Kezar. We good good at ducking fast and covering our heads.

Some here will know why. eek grin

I too remember Kezar.

Never attended any games at Kezar, but went to more than a few of the Bay Bomber's matches at the Kezar Pavilion. smile

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
708 members (10gaugemag, 117LBS, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 75 invisible), 2,686 guests, and 1,309 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,682
Posts18,399,706
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.