Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
would like to get a consensus on what this one is worth.

I'm considering bidding on it

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/852835409

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
BP-B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It has no collector value so whatever a shooter is worth to you.

LOL
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by KFWA
would like to get a consensus on what this one is worth.

I'm considering bidding on it

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/852835409

The seller seems to be making an attempt at an honest description. It is not a collector and worth is what you know you can afford. Pad will need replacement. The plus is you will have the base and rings. You will also need to bid against several other bidders. For that one you'll end up north of $500. Your move.

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I was hoping $500 even

Its got 6 days left. I'll follow it and see where its going, and will wait to hear from others on here

I'm not interested in a collectors gun, I'm interested in one I can shoot and drag around with me.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
500 is the absolute most I would go because it's going to need some work

I wouldn't pay anything for it until I saw a better picture of the wood behind the tang.

Keep your eye on it and if it's where you want to be at the end bid on it.

You can't win the auction until the end of the auction, so I am always the last bidder on these internet auctions or a live auction. I wait until the "going once call".

If the other participants get it bid it up past what I'm want to pay, I never have to raise my hand. grin

Last edited by 99guy; 01/12/20. Reason: added

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~
IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
With 10 bids only advancing it $180.00 I'd say you may have a chance of winning bid not exceeding $500.00. In an auction your guess is as good as anyone elses, be interesting to see what the hammer price ends up being.

KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
there will always be another one if I don't get it.

I have a good 99 now, I just wanted one in .308

I'll keep you guys posted on how it turns out

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I got one a couple years ago without the Goodyear flat tire on the back end for 425.00 delivered to my ffl. But that was a couple years ago. And it was sans the rings and bases. That one has been carried alot. Pretty gray on the bottom. That said mine shoots fantastic. I would not hesitate to use it on anything other than a brown.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Looks like a good honest hunting gun. Good luck. Still a "lot of green felt between your ball and the corner pocket".

Word to the wise, when bidding on a gun on an internet auction, don't advertise your intentions publicly. Who knows what lurkers are out there who now are aware of it. It's pretty much why we have an unwritten rule here about posting live auctions. I truly wish you good luck.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
If it's just a 308 that you want , keep your eyes open for an "E", I got one for $300 at an estate sale about 3 years ago, and a DL the same year from a friend for $350. The friend I got the DL from said, "I never did like that gun, I would have taken $100 for it, but I'm not giving you any change back".

I'm not greedy, I just want one of each.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
IC B3

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Oops, looking at pics, I got both those guns more like 6 years ago, than 3. Prices do go up on guns with condition. Around here I think prices have been falling on hunter grade guns, kids just don't want them.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JoeMartin
If it's just a 308 that you want , keep your eyes open for an "E", I got one for $300 at an estate sale about 3 years ago, and a DL the same year from a friend for $350. The friend I got the DL from said, "I never did like that gun, I would have taken $100 for it, but I'm not giving you any change back".

I'll look but I never have that kind of luck. I'm just not that well connected

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Well, I hate giving away my secrets, but here goes. My friend and I went to a big estate sale from a Savage collector. Together we couldn't buy a single gun. He came up with the idea to find an estate sale with just a couple guns, the same day as two big shows, in the general area. There were big gun shows in Northern VA and York PA, and a big car show at Carlisle PA. Lots of gun guys are car guys too. We figured there were no gun guys left to go to a little auction with only a couple guns. We went to "auctionzip", entered my zip, then enter 50 mile radius, then Savage 1899, search. That's how I found my 1927 F in 303 for $140. That was in 2011, but the idea still works.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by JoeMartin
Well, I hate giving away my secrets, but here goes. My friend and I went to a big estate sale from a Savage collector. Together we couldn't buy a single gun. He came up with the idea to find an estate sale with just a couple guns, the same day as two big shows, in the general area. There were big gun shows in Northern VA and York PA, and a big car show at Carlisle PA. Lots of gun guys are car guys too. We figured there were no gun guys left to go to a little auction with only a couple guns. We went to "auctionzip", entered my zip, then enter 50 mile radius, then Savage 1899, search. That's how I found my 1927 F in 303 for $140. That was in 2011, but the idea still works.

Not bad

KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
gun ended up going for $605

oh well

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
147 members (35, 257 mag, 10Glocks, 2UP, 300_savage, 160user, 14 invisible), 1,842 guests, and 839 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,778
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.