Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 67 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 66 67
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
A real Ludvig on skies. Video please!!!!

laissez les bons temps rouler
GB1

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Tiny E and I got in a nice 8 miles on the Helena Ridge trail- normally this time of year you need snowshoes for at least a couple of miles of it, but a few short posthole sections here and there was all we encountered.  TE had fun trying to dig voles out from under the snow  grin

Last edited by mtwarden; 01/19/20.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by battue
A real Ludvig on skies. Video please!!!!

There were five young women following me shooting video, when they get out of the hot tub I'll ask if they'll share.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Ok, be sure and ask nice.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
They said no. They want to post it on some website called "hotdudes.com."

IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Originally Posted by smokepole
They said no. They want to post it on some website called "hotdudes.com."

Fantastic, paaleese let me know when it’s up. I’ll make sure it gets posted here on the workout thread. Mtwarden is pretty much the only one whose pics prove the authenticity of his workouts. Well, every once in awhile Jeff posts a carp and his boat. But that’s about it. Now there will be you on cross-country skis. That will be some bad ass pics for sure....

Last edited by battue; 01/19/20.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
strength train this am

deadlifts 5/5/5+ @ 65/75/85% of 1RM
overhead press 5/5/5+ @ 65/75/85% of 1RM
lunges 3x30 yds
chin-ups 3x13
core

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Treadmill warm up:

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

HR variations intervals on mtwardens 10-9-8, etc routine....It will work you....

Stairmaster:

Last edited by battue; 01/20/20.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
ahh the stairmaster = stairs of death; imo the best cardio machine ever made

this afternoon 4 miles on the trails with my wife and Tiny- another gorgeous day!

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Yes, it sits there and very few of us us it. However, one nymph just burns it up and then gets off and walks away like NBD. She is probably a cross country skier, they are the kings and queen of the cardio. I’m so humbled in their presence. Even on line.....🤔

Would like to have one, but they are expensive and the one at the gym has broken down more than a few times.

Last edited by battue; 01/20/20.

IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J
Last night was 45 mins of low/moderate cardio (hr @ 130-140).

Tonight will be heavy 5x5 chest (decline, incline, flys, and finishwith pushups) and more cardio.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Yes, it sits there and very few of us us it. However, one nymph just burns it up and then gets off and walks away like NBD. She is probably a cross country skier, they are the kings and queen of the cardio. I’m so humbled in their presence. Even on line.....🤔

Would like to have one, but they are expensive and the one at the gym has broken down more than a few times.

my current gym doesn't have one, wish it did; my old gym had one- one of the original versions and it would usually have a little dust on it- I think there were three or four of us total that used it

I used to do a workout that had me on the stairmaster for 15 minutes, then the treadmill for 15 minutes, back to the starimaster and then finished the last 15 minutes on the treadmill- that usually did the trick laugh

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by mtwarden

my current gym doesn't have one, wish it did; my old gym had one- one of the original versions and it would usually have a little dust on it- I think there were three or four of us total that used it

I used to do a workout that had me on the stairmaster for 15 minutes, then the treadmill for 15 minutes, back to the starimaster and then finished the last 15 minutes on the treadmill- that usually did the trick laugh

I prefer the rower and assault bike. I have been known to use the stair master when I was going to a gym that had them. I have a pretty nice home gym now so no need for a gym membership. I have a box for stair stepping and box jumps now much cheaper!

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter

I prefer the rower and assault bike. I have been known to use the stair master when I was going to a gym that had them. I have a pretty nice home gym now so no need for a gym membership. I have a box for stair stepping and box jumps now much cheaper!

rowers and assault bikes provide a great aerobic workout- but climbing on the starimaster definitely recruits muscles that you use going up a mountainside

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

rowers and assault bikes provide a great aerobic workout- but climbing on the starimaster definitely recruits muscles that you use going up a mountainside

Agree but so does the box and a hell of a lot cheaper and way less room.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
StairMaster ain't fitting there!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
^ true that; they take up a lot of real estate and as battue states- they are spendy as hell!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Was out of town at work last week. 20 flights up and down. Kinda nice to have a long stairwell. Next couple days I did couplets with KB and body weight. Swings & Pushups; Goblet Squats & Rows; Assisted pullups and deadlifts; Shoulder Presses and deadlifts.

Once we get the remodel done and are able to finish the stuff purge and make room, I'm looking to install a home gym setup so I can just workout at home.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Feel fortunate the gym I go to has a stairmaster. You can bust butt on it if you are in the mood or do an easy cruise. Either way I get a good hill stimulation leg workout.

Box step-ups will do the same and perhaps are even harder, in that the box doesn't move. Box jumps are in another realm of fitness. One young Buck at the gym used to hit 5 feet and made it look easy. Then he went to college and got fat on beer!!!!

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Feel fortunate the gym I go to has a stairmaster. You can bust butt on it if you are in the mood or do an easy cruise. Either way I get a good hill stimulation leg workout.

Box step-ups will do the same and perhaps are even harder, in that the box doesn't move. Box jumps are in another realm of fitness. One young Buck at the gym used to hit 5 feet and made it look easy. Then he went to college and got fat on beer!!!!

Best of both worlds, do both (box jumps and stair machine). I feel lucky now, my gym has 15-20 stair machines, and a similar number of squat rack and boxes. That's one benefit of living in the big city. One of the few I can think of.

My trainer says super sets of squats and box jumps are where it's at. I don't know if he's right, but I do know that those will will kick 100% of your ass.

Page 6 of 67 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 66 67

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

580 members (11point, 160user, 10gaugemag, 219DW, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 57 invisible), 2,973 guests, and 1,239 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,352
Posts18,468,867
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.