Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
“Anti-gun billionaires who invested millions in the 2019 Virginia elections expect a return on that investment,” said NRA official D. J. Spiker. “The NRA is fully prepared to work to defeat Governor Northam’s gun grab – but also work to find compromise.”

http://news.trust.org/item/20200120102713-6c14n

https://www.secondamendmentdaily.co...o-compromise-with-northam-and-democrats/

Last edited by worriedman; 01/20/20.

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA
GB1

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
"Compromise" - seems to be a recurring NRA theme. We can not afford for the NRA to go soft on the 2nd Amendment. Not any more.

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Compromise is what got us to where we are at now. Ask California and New York about it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
watch4bear in 3...2...1

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
"You cannot reason with a tiger when your head is in its mouth."

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The NRA is not our friends, and have not been for a long time. Invest in the GOA.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
YOu guys scream "FAKE NEWS" for years and take every word as gospel to stab your friends in the back.

Why in the world do you hangers on do nothings keep talking about the NRA? None of you ever did a thing on your own. Where was GOA and all your REAL friends today? Why not jump right in there and show us how its done just one time.

""Mute the Greeniacs. Open the pipeline. Bury the Russians." - JPR - 2022
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
The NRA is not our friends, and have not been for a long time. Invest in the GOA.

This. They need to be completely defunded before they compromise away what's left of our Second Amendment rights.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by JackRyan
YOu guys scream "FAKE NEWS" for years and take every word as gospel to stab your friends in the back.

Why in the world do you hangers on do nothings keep talking about the NRA? None of you ever did a thing on your own. Where was GOA and all your REAL friends today? Why not jump right in there and show us how its done just one time.

Speak for yourself, I write legislation and get it carried in Tennessee, run a PAC and get good legislators elected, work the stump for them, I am very involved.

The person who was our NRA Lobbyist for the last 4-5 years was a registered Virginia Democrat who donated money to Northam.

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Ummmm GOA helped organize the event and Erich Pratt the VP of GOA was one of the speakers. Aaaaaand we did jump in there and show you how it's done. The NRA was MIA. The NRA did send 4 pieces of junk mail, 2 emails and a phone message asking for money today though, so there is that.

IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by worriedman

Speak for yourself, I write legislation and get it carried in Tennessee, run a PAC and get good legislators elected, work the stump for them, I am very involved.

The person who was our NRA Lobbyist for the last 4-5 years was a registered Virginia Democrat who donated money to Northam.

Can you PM me his name if you get time? I'd love to make him my new hobby for a few days.

Last edited by jackmountain; 01/20/20.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman

This. They need to be completely defunded before they compromise away what's left of our Second Amendment rights.

I haven't heard one single person from Virginia ask anything of the NRA in this situation.

Fugk the NRA.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
We, the conservative right have been compromising for 100 years. It’s time for the left to start compromising! When you are compromising, you’re losing ground! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Compromise is give and take.
How it should work.

We have been giving.
They only things we have gotten we have had to take.
There is no compromise.

Honestly.
From a gun rights perspective, Hurricane Katrina, and 911
are what has been the driver for most of our gains.

More and more people are realizing that the defense they can provide may be all they get. Not gun people. Many were mildly anti-gun.
They have just come to realize the need for guns.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
There's no point to NRA when Gun Owners of America will do more with less. Send your money where it will count. GOA and your state organization.

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I emailed him and chewed his ass, just got this reply. Hopefully he's being honest that they misquoted the NRA

Hi Bryan,

Thanks for reaching out, and thank you for being a member and working with us as we fight these terrible pieces of legislation.

Unfortunately Reuters misrepresented and misquoted a pre-packaged statement from our PR department that did not reflect the NRA's position. As a result of their mistake, Reuters has pulled the all references to the NRA and my quote in their reporting from the article today, which you can find here:
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-guns-rally/militia-leaders-warn-virginia-gun-rally-could-get-violent-idUSKBN1ZJ15B​

I assure you, we are committed to opposing all pieces of legislation filed by the Governor and other Democrats as we work hard for law-abiding Virginians, like yourself. I would encourage you to watch our press conference from last Monday on CBS6 to get a direct view of our position and our efforts in Virginia.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

D.J. Spiker, MPA
State Director, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina
National Rifle Association
Institute for Legislative Action
11250 Waples Mill Rd. Fairfax, VA 22030

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Originally Posted by worriedman

Can you PM me his name if you get time? I'd love to make him my new hobby for a few days.

She was let go this year, we have a new "Director" I have been reaching our for over two months as legislative Session started a week ago here, to no avail. when Daren LaSorte was our lobbyist in the early years he was a beast, and made them hurt when they went the wrong way, now we get the lobbyist interested only in access to the Power brokers, not what is the right thing.

I still want to work with the new guy, if he will ever call me back...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Virginia is currently the "front Lines" in the battle for the second amendment and the NRA is MIA..... but at least Wayne has fancy new suits....

Where is WFbear? he seems a little quiet lately

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by irfubar
Virginia is currently the "front Lines" in the battle for the second amendment and the NRA is MIA..... but at least Wayne has fancy new suits....

Where is WFbear? he seems a little quiet lately

WhatsAbear went MIA after I asked him for his plan....Licking his gash we all figured is his excuse. 😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Oddly enough, I've been emailing back and forth with the reporter for Reuters, Brad Brooks, about his reporting of the rally for a few days. I just emailed and asked if Spiker is telling the truth about being misquoted or if he really said that they were looking for a compromise .

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

131 members (358WCF, 450yukon, 19rabbit52, 10gaugemag, 30Gibbs, 35sambar, 23 invisible), 2,286 guests, and 904 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,648
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.