Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I second 4.5-14 leupold fine cross hair

If you really want a dial get it with cds

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Fascinating Dumbfhuqkery. Hint. Congratulations?!?

I shoot every chambering cited and more than a bunch that ain't. The projectile selection is HILARIOUS,as is the scope "advise" from The Droolers. Hint. Laughing!

If/when forced to suffer Retard RPM on a .378" boltface,the 50'Max is tough to whoop and upon the platform cited,3500fps is a breeze. A 6x MQ will connect all dots and then some,while getting POA/POI aligned from the muzzle,to the Transonic Slip,by simply looking through the fhuqking thing. I'm at ease with a Utilitarian 200yd zero and a 10x will smoke you hard. Hint. Read that again. now one more time. Re-Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

All things Reupold are a fhuqking joke,starting with the HILARITY of CDS and boiling down to dismal zero retention and "tracking". That not even counting the SFP Goat Fhuqk and schit Reticles. 4.5-14X's are especially fhuqking JUNK. Hint. Laughing!

Though in fairness,the 4.5-14x 30mm Reupolds are handy for sumptin'. Hint. LAUGHING!

Of course the 6X MQ do thangs,that Reupold cain't,which is retain zero,track and subtend. Hint. LAUGHING!

1000 Words on the ilk. Hint.

You CLUELESS Fhuqks are a hoot!

Bless your hearts for tryiung though.

Hint.

LAUGHING!.................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
For starters I know nothing about varmint hunting. IMO this is a good set up for all around hunting and shooting.
https://www.leupold.com/reticles/reticle-boone-crockett-7
When things are happening fast I'm a big believer in KISS. The most important thing is to know your rifle and where it shoots. I site dead on at 200 yds, and when the shot is far I use the second crosshair, when it's really far use the third crosshair. It's nice to be able to range, focus and calculate, but that will cost you a lot of opportunities for a shot.

Life is good live it while you can.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
For starters I know nothing about varmint hunting. IMO this is a good set up for all around hunting and shooting.
https://www.leupold.com/reticles/reticle-boone-crockett-7
When things are happening fast I'm a big believer in KISS. The most important thing is to know your rifle and where it shoots. I site dead on at 200 yds, and when the shot is far I use the second crosshair, when it's really far use the third crosshair. It's nice to be able to range, focus and calculate, but that will cost you a lot of opportunities for a shot.

True Schit,

You "know" nothing,about fhuqking ANYTHING and your Retardation is simply fhuqking MAGNIFICENT in it's grandeur...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

An archaeic reticle,that is non-lineal in subtension by literal "design",coupled with a SFP "view" and an erector that cain't bridge said gaps,is THE very definition of a Goat Fhuqk. Read that again. Now one more time. HINT. LAUGHING!

I especially enjoyed "site","far" and "really far"...almost as much as "range","focus" and "calculate",you Amazingly Stupid CLUELESS Fhuqk. Hint. LAUGHING!

Hardly "daunting" to shoot an etched lineal reticle,aboard a platform that retains zero and tracks in accords to same,as per whim. You know,all the things Reupold CAN'T "do". Hint. LAUGHING!

I hear through The Grapevine,that one can slam DOPE in an Ocular,so it too stares one in the face,to RAPIDLY contend distance,atmospherics and victim movement. Hint. LAUGHING!

Do tell which Dog Schit Rifle,you've got The Goat Fhuqk Glass mounted upon and muse it's Chambering and Fodder,just to take your STUPIDITY to the next level. Dare ya'...because I ASSURE you it will be funnier than fhuqk,if you TRY. You can't even site(note the difference) the subtension of a given magnificiation,at a given range. Hint. LAUGHING!

You Drooling Fhuqktards never disappoint,by simply doing your BEST. HINT.

Bless your heart,for being in soooooooo far above your pointy head,that you've less than ZERO inkling. gals who "know" and "do" as "much" as you,will always be best served by asking questions,rather than trying to give "answers".

HINT.

Fhuqking Reupold!!!!

Laughing!

Wow +P+++!!!!.........................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
far, and really far are different in GA, than anywhere else.....

IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by huntsman22
far, and really far are different in GA, than anywhere else.....

Very true, 400 is very far and 500 is the maximum that I would ever attempt a shot on game.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Just what the internet needs another bald headed blabber mouth, must be from New York City.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A man's got to know his limitations......

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
'22,

Was purty far,this AM. Hint.(grin)

Then closed in,to not very far.

Rather far came a wee bit later.

Saving crazy far for last.

'Twere a nice atmosphere to see trace/impact and dabble subtension more than a smidge,into distant Zipcodes.

Hint.

Laughing!................

Truly Schit,

Now what were the "odds",that besides being an Absolute CLUELESS Fhuqk,that you are also a Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit...you "lucky" kchunt? Hint. Congratulations?!?

You are talking out your ass,about things you've never see,let alone done and are HILARIOUSLY Light Years in over your pointy fhuqking head. Read that again. Now one more time. Hint. LAUGHING!

The ONLY fhuqking thing you "shoot",is your mouth and Imagination. Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless your heart for Lying,Crying and Whining...as that is THE Window Licking Trifecta!

Hint.

LAUGHING!....................

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Always heard a rifle is only as good as the scope. And since none of those rifles have Leopold scopes on them my guess is mommy must of bought the rifles to keep her baby out of trouble.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Truly Schit,

You be sure to use your Butterfly Net,to capture more of your Delusions,but you'll haveta' pardon my shooting as you DREAM...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

In fairness,I've not seen more than (3) NIB Reupolds puke on a single outing. Hint. LAUGHING!

Their Spotting Scopes are killer too! Hint. LAUGHING!

The only thing you "shoot",is your mouth and Imagination,you Amazingly STUPID Fhuqk. Hint. Laughing!

Bless your heart for Lying,Crying and Whining.

Hint.

LAUGHING!.................

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Just more proof that it's hard to fix stupid.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Truly Schit,

Don't be so hard on yourself,as your STUPIDITY is/was no "secret" and only a "surprise" to you...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

You were stating earlier,how a SFP Brokedick Reupold with CDS,was farrrrrrrr too "technical" for you,as you are unable to substantiate subtension requisites,through out it's zoom range. Also fhuqking HILARIOUS,that you were/are afraid to cite said Goat Fhuqk Rifle Platform's particulars,as if even someone as AMAZINGLY Fhuqking Stupid as you,KNOWS better than to even "try". I "wonder" why?!? Hint. LAUGHING!

Do tell,what sorta platforms your Imagination and Pretend find such thangs "suited" to,as per your HILARIOUS version(s) of "knowledge","experience" and "results". Hint. LAUGHING!

Rimfires perhaps? Hint. LAUGHING!

Few things funnier,than a CLUELESS Whining [bleep],that just "happens" to be a Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit to boot,talking out her ass. You are doing "GREAT"! Hint. Laughing!

Bless your heart for Lying,Crying and Whining,you MAGNIFICENT Whining Clueless Fhuqk.

Hint.

Laughing!......................

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
https://www.whiddengunworks.com/product/deep-south-spring-1000-yard-match-april-17-19-2020-4/

If you need to thaw out and quit running those flabby lips trying to stay warm John puts on a good match. I don't need to cuss, brag or beat my chest those squirrel guns look to be really nice. I'll stick with my original suggestion that a https://www.leupold.com/reticles/reticle-boone-crockett-7
Will work just fine at the ranges the OP was concerned about. Reading comprehension isn't very important to those that enjoy talking to themselves.

Hey all, I am looking to replace the scope on my .223. It currently has a Vortex 6-18x44 AO on top. I like the 18x for shooting buck toothed prairie varmints but it’s too much magnification for Coyotes. I typically leave it on 10x. The rifle is zeroed at 225 yards, shooting the 60 VMAX or the 60 Horn Sp. Loads are right at 3050/3100 FPS.

The issue I’m having is the dogs are hanging up at 300-400 yards at times. 300 is OK as that’s only six inches of drop, but farther out I can’t use the BDC unless I crank it to 18x. The scope has capped turrets with zero reset but no time to dial shots by the time I take the cap off, etc. The gun is a heavy barrel Howa 1500, so weight of optic not a huge deal. I was thinking of going to an exposed turret scope as I do a lot of cranking when shooting PDogs, and I shoot a lot of them. I’m cranking ele and wind usually as the wind never quits here either.

What I’d really like to do is get a 8-9 twist .22-250, .220 Swift or even a .22 Creed so I don’t have to think so much about drop and wind to a certain range of course. Thoughts? I’ve considered punching it out to .223AI.

I was considering the Diamondback tactical 4-12x40 or SWFA fixed 10x. The Vortex will cost less obviously. I have a Leupold Vx3i CDS on my 7RM which I really like.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Truly Schit,

You are a Day Dreaming Do NOTHING Dumbfhuqk...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!? LAUGHING!

I enjoy you talking out your ass,you Lying Piece Of Fhuqking CLUELESS Schit. The Reupold B&C Reticle is beyond your exceedingly HILARIOUS "means","abilities" and "comprehension" and all you could do with same,is lick both ends. Hint. LAUGHING!

Funnier than fhuqk,that you "think" Stupidity is a "choice",as it is a plight and few are more starkly stricken than you. Read that again. Now one more time. Hint. LAUGHING!

Weather is a might tough,with 50mph winds currently,but managed to run some 90gr Beer Cans and their .585BC through their paces,to the 900yd line. Hint. LAUGHING!

Now you can say you've "seen" one,you VERY "lucky" kchunt. Hint.

LAUGHING!

You Drooling CLUELESS Lying Fhuqktards are a hoot!

Bless your heart for Lying,Crying and Whining,you MAGNIFICENT Whining Clueless Fhuqk.

Hint.

Laughing!...............

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
The yellow looks a little queer, hope it's just the color. 280 is my go to caliber. Why such a heavy squirrel bullet? A 105 VDL in 6mm will eat it's lunch every time.

Last edited by TrueGrit; 03/04/20.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
The yellow looks a little queer, hope it's just the color.

Truly Schit,

Now what were the "odds",that besides being a CLUELESS Fhuqk and a Lying Piece Of fhuqking Schit,that you also burst outta closets with your Homoerotic Fantasies...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!? LAUGHING!

Weren't my intent to horn you up,but there's no curtailing your Wanton Man Lust. Hint. LAUGHING!

Krieger 7.7" 22-250AI. Hint

Mainstream 8" 264 Kreedmire. Hint.

Might be a Savage,but prolly isn't. Google it. Hint.

Could be a Mossberg,but prolly isn't. Google it. Hint.

For split ends. Hint.

If only for starters. Hint. LAUGHING!

Hint.

Laughing!.........

Oh my,what were the "odds" that The Lying Kchunt changed her reply?!? Hint.

LAUGHING!!!

For starters..."280" isn't a caliber. Hint. LAUGHING!

I'm fairly certain 90's are lighter than 105's,while having a vastly superior BC and a greater muzle velocity,which equates to flatter trajectories,less wind drift and higher impact velocities,amongst other Factoids. Hint. LAUGHING!

There's no such thing as a "VDL" in any bore size. Nor is there a .243" 105,that can keep pace with a .224" 90gr Beer Can,let alone "eat it's lunch". Hint. LAUGHING!

Your INCREDIBLE Fhuqking Stupidity,is simply fhuqking HILARIOUS! Hint.

LAUGHING!!!................

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Grit, I see you've met the stupidest mother fuqker on the internet. This cocksuqker is a real piece of work.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
massage 2 or 3,

Don't be so hard on yourself,you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

No need to fly outta yet another closet,with your Man Lust Wanton Fantasies...you poor poor(literally) Whining kchunt. Hint. LAUGHING!

You two Fhuqktards bolted together,couldn't summons a FIRST Fhuqkiong Clue,but fortunately Imagination and Pretend are free,so you can "afford" to "contribute". Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless your heart for trying though.

Hint.

LAUGHING!..............

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by mirage243
Grit, I see you've met the stupidest mother fuqker on the internet. This cocksuqker is a real piece of work.

Just my luck.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

633 members (12344mag, 160user, 19rabbit52, 10Glocks, 219DW, 16penny, 64 invisible), 2,052 guests, and 1,164 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,239
Posts18,447,871
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.