-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The “competition” side of anything drives the “consumer” side.

GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by savage62
There is a lot of Rifle scopes better then the new leupold. Nikon ,Swift,Trijicon, Sig, Bushnell, All great made plus the 2 top Germany ones Swarovski,Ziess

..Nikon is gone!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Jason280
You, once again, do not remember correctly.

If you have links to back up your claims, why not simply post them? I have no dog in this fight, just genuinely curious if this is fact or conjecture.

I have posted them more than once for Uncle Rico, but he refuses to remember so he can trash them again. It takes very little time on Google to do it. Sheltered Wings is the business name Vortex operates under, just so you have no trouble looking it up.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
commoditization. It was a long time coming.

abusus non tollit usum
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I have posted them more than once for Uncle Rico, but he refuses to remember so he can trash them again. It takes very little time on Google to do it.

No offense, buy I'm not going to research your claim. You made the statement, its up to you to be able to support what you post.

IC B2

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I haven't bought a Leupold in several years now, like many. I do still have a couple of them. The one thing I wish other manufacturers would duplicate from Leupold is the forgiving eye box.

Don't speculate when you don't know, and don't second guess when you do.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've been a life long Leupold buyer but in another post it seems they have dropped their FXII 6x36. So I just bought my first ever Meopta scope - a 6x42.

I guess by the amount of scopes Leupold have dropped recently they are feeling the economic pinch. But they still offer enough range in the most useful scope sizes to cater for most. I'll still buy Leupold variables as I have only ever had to send one Leupold scope back for repairs in all the years I have used them and I prefer to stalk closer than dial scope turrets.

I think they are still a good company and their life long warranty is still excellent and one, if not, the best in the industry.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
After looking at the Leupold product lists of what they are dropping and what they are introducing, it looks like just maybe the lightweight (my definition is under 14 ounces) good looking, good eye relief with good glass rifle scope may going away forever. I won't say "at any price", because it appears that this particular type of scope is not manufactured by almost any other company than Leupold. And we just got word on this type of scope (for the most part) has been discontinued. Some Weavers are close, but eye relief does not compare. It appears to me that they will not be marketing hardly any 1" variables with a low end power of less than 3.5x. And of course that 3.5x will most likely be closer to 4x, being many scope manufacturers fudge their specs some for marketing purposes. I saw one 1" 1x4 still there and one Freedom 3x9x40, but that's about it.
I know about Leupold tracking issues. I'm a set & forget type and I have quite a few of these Leupolds to last me the rest of my hunting days. I just hate to see the demise of this type of scope. RJ

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
So brother Elvis...how are you digging that Meopta 6x42?

Have you had a chance to play with it yet?

What reticle did you get?

Exquisitely turdlike in all of his many manifestations!!

Resist much - obey little. Hayduke lives!

"30-06 guys don't worry about schit 'cause 30-06 guys don't worry....." 16bore

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by DELGUE
So brother Elvis...how are you digging that Meopta 6x42?

Have you had a chance to play with it yet?

What reticle did you get?

I ordered it yesterday so it won't turn up till next week. One thing I noticed is the Leupold 6x36 weighs 284g and the Meopta is 425g...……..50 % heavier. Another reason to lament the demise of the Loopy 6x36. I got the Z Plex reticle as that's all they had. I would of liked the #4 though.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Meopta Meopro 6x42 #4 is in stock, available at $399.99

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by rj308
After looking at the Leupold product lists of what they are dropping and what they are introducing, it looks like just maybe the lightweight (my definition is under 14 ounces) good looking, good eye relief with good glass rifle scope may going away forever. I won't say "at any price", because it appears that this particular type of scope is not manufactured by almost any other company than Leupold. And we just got word on this type of scope (for the most part) has been discontinued. Some Weavers are close, but eye relief does not compare. It appears to me that they will not be marketing hardly any 1" variables with a low end power of less than 3.5x. And of course that 3.5x will most likely be closer to 4x, being many scope manufacturers fudge their specs some for marketing purposes. I saw one 1" 1x4 still there and one Freedom 3x9x40, but that's about it.
I know about Leupold tracking issues. I'm a set & forget type and I have quite a few of these Leupolds to last me the rest of my hunting days. I just hate to see the demise of this type of scope. RJ

I agree 100%. While searching for a 6x scope and looking through scope manufacturer's web sites, the number of large magnification scopes with 50 plus mm objectives, tactical reticles and target knobs is staggering. I guess they are catering to consumer demand. I hope Leupold keep the excellent 2.5-8x36. That and the now defunct 6x36 are my two favourite scope sizes.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug
Meopta Meopro 6x42 #4 is in stock, available at $399.99

I'm in Australia sport. smile

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Delgue, Elvis, I have had the Meopta 6x42 w/#4 for more than a year now. I think it's the cats meow. The scope is on my Browning A-Bolt White gold Medallion 6.5 Swede in a McEdge stock.
I have one Leupold FX-II w/LR reticle, which I love, but other than it, the Meopta is probably the next best thing in a fixed 6, In exchange for the weight penalty, you do get better tracking and very good glass with better low light performance. RJ

B
B
I used to use Leupold scopes on my rifles I needed a scope I could set and use out to mpbr. However, besides a varix-II 1-4 the other two completely lacked the ability to hold zero, and I'd have to re-sight it in when I got to the hunting area. Then when re-sighting in after shooting a three shot group Id put in the number of clicks and it would move half the distance it was supposed to, so I'd put in the amount of clicks to get it the rest of the way then it would jump more than what it was supposed to based on total number of clicks. It was infuriating. Went to a different company using the same type of scope, 3-9, plex, capped turret with the same Talley mounts and the problems went away. It sucks because I want to try the Mark 5HD 3.6-18 but I don't want to deal with the potential headaches.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

564 members (10ring1, 160user, 10gaugeman, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 12344mag, 56 invisible), 2,673 guests, and 1,157 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,216
Posts18,466,311
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.