Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
W
willyp Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
Fellow campers, beware of Mcavanah DO NOT BUY FROM this person!!!

On 1/2/2020 I made a purchase of 243 and 22-250 brass from Mcavanah, and paid him the same day with Paypal Friends and Family. He did send part of the brass I agreed to purchase, and once I found only part of the brass was missing I immediately reached out via PM to see if he forgot to include the missing brass. When I looked at the PMs I sent him, both show he read the messages. So I waited until 1/15/2020 to e-mail him, he never responded.

Now it wasn't a big loss in $$$, but everyone needs to be aware.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt.../14437380/re-brass-for-sale#Post14437380

His PayPal:

sfcmatthew.cavanahgmail.com

America's warriors, the heart of America.
GB1

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
How many cases are missing ?

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
W
willyp Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
I'm missing...

243 brass
New - 52 pieces RP Headstamp

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There appear to be two other buyer's in the thread you linked. You might want to contact them and see the status of their deals.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I bought, and received the RP 30-06 brass in the link. No issues at all. Good communication and fast shipping. Maybe it was just a mistake?

IC B2

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C

He must not have been a " Friend" or "Family" !

W
willyp Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
I messaged him on here and via e-mail. No response from asking him if he accidentally left the brass out.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Occupation says Army. Perhaps occupied for a bit.

Don't know either folks involved, just seen enough of these threads to not take anything for face value.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Release the Kraken!

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
To OP willyp.

I have a few once fired .243 brass I could send you along with a bunch of unk # of fired .243 brass I will gladly donate!

Just PM your address to me and I will get it boxed and sent your way. I used to have and load for some .243 rifles, but since the kids grew up I rebarrelled them to .308 smile

So maybe the brass will be useful to you and help me clear off my loading shelf!

BTW, at no cost to you.....my way of keeping good karma!

IC B3

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Classy gesture Sig.

W
willyp Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
Thanks for the offer Sig, I appreciate it. The main purpose if everyone to be aware of this person.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just when the Dr says I can't have popcorn

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by willyp

On 1/2/2020 I made a purchase of 243 and 22-250 brass from Mcavanah, and paid him the same day with Paypal Friends and Family. He did send part of the brass I agreed to purchase, and once I found only part of the brass was missing I immediately reached out via PM to see if he forgot to include the missing brass. When I looked at the PMs I sent him, both show he read the messages. So I waited until 1/15/2020 to e-mail him, he never responded.

His PayPal:

[email protected]

I wonder if there have been any international incidents in the last few weeks that might unexpectedly render someone in the Army unavailable...

I get where you’re coming from, but I guess I might just wait a little longer before running his name through the mud over a few pieces of brass, particularly when someone else bought brass from the same deal and got everything quickly and with good communication. Hell, you even got part of what you purchased in the deal, too.

This sounds like a genuine mistake on the seller’s part and he’s probably tied up with, I don’t know, the Iran situation right now?

It never ceases to amaze me how fired up people get on here and how quick they’re willing to drag someone’s integrity through the mud before they’ve ever gotten an answer about what is/could be going on. There’s a real person on the other end of that deal, with a real life, a real job, probably a real family, real problems, etc. That guy puts the uniform on every morning, cut him a little slack. He’s clearly not trying to screw anyone or you and others wouldn’t have received anything at all. Yeah two weeks is a while, but what if he’s boots on the ground in Iran right now? Probably unlikely, but public humiliation is no way to handle a deal this small when all signs point to a simple mistake.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
How do you know who is in the Army? A profile? Email address? The seller read the pm’s. The seller was signed in as late as 1-19. No response from seller? But at least I agree a callout thread is a little over the top for this. But all the seller’s posts are in the Classifieds. So he will probably just make a new profile and start over. Or not.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
So many of these kinds of things could have easily been avoided by a little bit of communication.

A guy has time to open and read a PM and then cannot find the time to simply type something like, "let me check up on that", or "whoops"?

Communication is so easy and goes such a long way.

Black Cows Matter!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Ducksanddogs

His PayPal:

[email protected]

I wonder if there have been any international incidents in the last few weeks that might unexpectedly render someone in the Army unavailable...

I get where you’re coming from, but I guess I might just wait a little longer before running his name through the mud over a few pieces of brass, particularly when someone else bought brass from the same deal and got everything quickly and with good communication. Hell, you even got part of what you purchased in the deal, too.

This sounds like a genuine mistake on the seller’s part and he’s probably tied up with, I don’t know, the Iran situation right now?

It never ceases to amaze me how fired up people get on here and how quick they’re willing to drag someone’s integrity through the mud before they’ve ever gotten an answer about what is/could be going on. There’s a real person on the other end of that deal, with a real life, a real job, probably a real family, real problems, etc. That guy puts the uniform on every morning, cut him a little slack. He’s clearly not trying to screw anyone or you and others wouldn’t have received anything at all. Yeah two weeks is a while, but what if he’s boots on the ground in Iran right now? Probably unlikely, but public humiliation is no way to handle a deal this small when all signs point to a simple mistake.

I would agree that’s it’s most likely a simple mistake. But when he read the pm’s (as the OP stated in his original post) why not acknowledge the mistake in a pm back and then offer the proposed fix to the mistake. Not having an additional 30 seconds to respond to the pm when you had time to read it is a weak excuse at best. Hell, could have went on to explain he was being deployed, or (insert excuse here) if that is the case. Probably didn’t have the extra 8 seconds it’d take to type that either. I guess some guys are just as quick to jump to defense as others are to jump to conclusions. At least one of them waited a couple weeks first. Another of a long list of examples where solid comms will alleviate concerns on both sides.

Reno

The time is drawing nearer for the American People to stand up for what they believe in. To stop having their rights trampled by the a$$holes in Washington D.C.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by muleshoe
So many of these kinds of things could have easily been avoided by a little bit of communication.

A guy has time to open and read a PM and then cannot find the time to simply type something like, "let me check up on that", or "whoops"?

Communication is so easy and goes such a long way.

Exactly this! Especially when you are sending, or receiving money/goods from folks you don't know personally. Good communication sure calms the nerves.

W
willyp Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
Again, I have proof he read the PMs, and yes I feel he is avoiding me. If he never read my PMs, it would show it was un-read my him. Look below, dates, and responses.

[Linked Image]

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Again, I have proof he read the PMs, and yes I feel he is avoiding me. If he never read my PMs, it would show it was un-read my him. Look below, dates, and responses.

[Linked Image]

If you have time to read them, you should respond, especially if there's an issue.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

629 members (007FJ, 01Foreman400, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 68 invisible), 2,021 guests, and 1,181 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,258
Posts18,448,140
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.