Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by kenjs1
Originally Posted by ingwe
Ive had a few.My favorite is the Burris E-1 with german3P #4 reticle.Also like the SIG whiskey 3 and the Hawke Endurance.

Digging my same Burris that I paid something like $160 for. Worth MUCH more than that.

Exactamundo! Ive been looking for another at anywhere close to that price...no dice!

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
GB1

Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Pappy348

t for what they cost, the Hawkes work well and as I said before, working well in dim light is the most important part for me. Others who shoot in the dark seem to complain more about lit reticles being too bright than anything else.

The aforementioned rheostat control works for that.....I have no trouble with the brightness in the dark. Calling and shooting with even a red light, the crosshair can be made to show up just fine....REALLY like the Hawkes for shooting after dark...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Back in the days when I was varmint calling during the winter, I saw that Bushnell had just brought out an illuminated reticle scope and I thought that it would be perfect for night time calling on my .22 magnum. It worked nicely for a while, but then one day the lighted reticle quit working. I figured that I had left the scope on and that the battery was low. Nope! I opened up the battery compartment and it was full of corroded white what ever comes out of batteries when they get and stay wet. Condensation from going from a cold environment back into the house had never entered my mind, but it sure did with my scope and the thing was ruined. First and last time that I ever wanted a battery powered scope reticle. It might work for you warm weather guys, but not so much for me in the frozen north.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Windfall
Back in the days when I was varmint calling during the winter, I saw that Bushnell had just brought out an illuminated reticle scope and I thought that it would be perfect for night time calling on my .22 magnum. It worked nicely for a while, but then one day the lighted reticle quit working. I figured that I had left the scope on and that the battery was low. Nope! I opened up the battery compartment and it was full of corroded white what ever comes out of batteries when they get and stay wet. Condensation from going from a cold environment back into the house had never entered my mind, but it sure did with my scope and the thing was ruined. First and last time that I ever wanted a battery powered scope reticle. It might work for you warm weather guys, but not so much for me in the frozen north.

Most likely that wasn't moisture, but rather a battery drained completely which then began to leak. I've had the same thing happen with Maglites and Duracell AAs. Can happen to anything with a battery, which is why they tell you to remove them for storage.

Even if not left on to drain, batteries sometimes leak, especially bargain brands. While I was still working, I switched to led Maglites AND rechargeables . Never had a quality rechageable leak, yet.

What fresh Hell is this?
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I’ve been thinking on the Burris Four X 1.5-6x42mm - 3P#4 E Dot Illuminated.
Seems pretty good for the $$.

Its not always easy to do the right thing, But it is always the right thing to do.
IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by tankerjockey

Should be excellent, I love the 3P#4 reticle...check with Doug I think he's got a sale going on those right now...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ingwe
Originally Posted by tankerjockey

Should be excellent, I love the 3P#4 reticle...check with Doug I think he's got a sale going on those right now...

We certainly do smile

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
P
powdr Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
But it's not a 1in xcope...remember the title? powdr

C
cdb Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Hondo64d
I haven’t tried one yet but the Tract Toric might be worthy of consideration.

John

They aren’t illuminated.

Don't roll those bloodshot eyes at me.
T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by powdr
But it's not a 1in xcope...remember the title? powdr

Title? Your just lucky this thread is still talking about scopes. Could turn into pictures of spaghetti or what is best chainsaw any second.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
IC B3

P
powdr Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
You're right Timber. powdr

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

630 members (1beaver_shooter, 06hunter59, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 1234, 160user, 62 invisible), 2,309 guests, and 1,234 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,619
Posts18,455,052
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.