Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by sackett
Hmmm a show about a gay, tatted up mexican gang member, who played in the NFL, who was also a murderer and killed himself in prison. Sounds like a punchline to a joke, not a real person worth the time I just spent typing this out.

He wasn't mexican......nice try

Wasn't trying for anything but thanks for the participation trophy. I guess?

El Sal?

Hondo?

Guat?

Peruvian?

Canadian?

Hoping, God I'm hoping, someone will watch it and report back and say why he's not a POS. Clarke is being so coy about it.

If you're going to write something, be correct or don't bother writing it. Only shows your ignorance.

BP-B2

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
I mean....they all pretty much look the same.

Why should we make an effort in trying to learn the differences?

Aint nobody got time for that.

I am MAGA.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Common in Mexicans. Or Puerto Ricans or Cubans or what ever.

They are all pretty much the same anyway.

I think his Dad was Puerto Rican. They hate Mexicans by the way because they get confused with them so often .

ah, ok. So basically a Cuban, but less African heritage.

Thanks.

I wasnt talking to you

I wasn't talking to you either!

MAGA
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

If you're going to write something, be correct or don't bother writing it. Only shows your ignorance.

That's a mighty high bar. If we held to that there wouldn't be any traffic on this site to speak of at all.

Just so you can sleep tonight, if i was wrong I was trolling to see which SJW would virtue signal me first to point out my mistake.

You get the trophy. It may not be clear, but I care not for any NFL players, regardless of well, anything.

MAGA
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Common in Mexicans. Or Puerto Ricans or Cubans or what ever.

They are all pretty much the same anyway.

I think his Dad was Puerto Rican. They hate Mexicans by the way because they get confused with them so often .

ah, ok. So basically a Cuban, but less African heritage.

Thanks.

I wasnt talking to you

I wasn't talking to you either!

Fireballs is waiting you in his safe space. Bwahaha

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Watched all 3 parts. I remember and already knew most of it. But not in that much detail. Good documentary. Bad dude. Don’t believe his bad side was due to CTE, though. They tried hard to make that connection.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by huntinaz
Originally Posted by Barkoff
The show was good, but the book that the Spotlight team from the Boston Globe did was much more in depth. The Netflix special left much of the parents shortcomings out of the story, both of them were a couple of douches.

I’ve only watched the first episode so far, but I thought it was pretty apparent his parents were pretty unsavory.

The gay kid that alleged he used to do gay stiff with Aaron, as well as that guy’s dad, both seem pretty weird and a little too still obsessed with Aaron Hernandez

The audio book they play many of the jailhouse calls between Arron and his mother, she's a real bitch.

In one call she tells him she had to go to his old high school and get all his old awards that were in a display. "They don't want any of them anymore, I had to get them all".

"What, they don't want any of my stuff anymore?"

"Well hell no, they don't want any of it, I had to get all of it".

Now why she felt the need to tell him that? Real loving mother. She could have picked the stuff up and put it in the garage, but she felt the need to call him and stab him in the heart with it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by huntinaz
The show was good, but the book that the Spotlight team from the Boston Globe did was much more in depth. The Netflix special left much of the parents shortcomings out of the story, both of them were a couple of douches.

I’ve only watched the first episode so far, but I thought it was pretty apparent his parents were pretty unsavory.

The gay kid that alleged he used to do gay stiff with Aaron, as well as that guy’s dad, both seem pretty weird and a little too still obsessed with Aaron Hernandez

The audio book they play many of the jailhouse calls between Arron and his mother, she's a real bitch.

In one call she tells him she had to go to his old high school and get all his old awards that were in a display. "They don't want any of them anymore, I had to get them all".

"What, they don't want any of my stuff anymore?"

"Well hell no, they don't want any of it, I had to get all of it".

Now why she felt the need to tell him that? Real loving mother. She could have picked the stuff up and put it in the garage, but she felt the need to call him and stab him in the heart with it.

He blamed her in one call for how F'd up he was. Probably rightly so.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Hmmm a show about a gay, tatted up mexican gang member, who played in the NFL, who was also a murderer and killed himself in prison. Sounds like a punchline to a joke, not a real person worth the time I just spent typing this out.

He wasn't mexican......nice try

Wasn't trying for anything but thanks for the participation trophy. I guess?

El Sal?

Hondo?

Guat?

Peruvian?

Canadian?

Hoping, God I'm hoping, someone will watch it and report back and say why he's not a POS. Clarke is being so coy about it.

You say that as if ignorance about Aaron Hernandez is something to be ashamed of.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by 257heaven
Watched all 3 parts. I remember and already knew most of it. But not in that much detail. Good documentary. Bad dude. Don’t believe his bad side was due to CTE, though. They tried hard to make that connection.

There is an unsolved shooting during Hernandez's internship in Gainesville . I doubt he had the effects of CTE in his teenage years.

Linkie

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

There is an unsolved shooting during Hernandez's internship in Gainesville . I doubt he had the effects of CTE in his teenage years.

Linkie

Interesting. My bet is that it was him. Wonder where the other guy is?

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Dude wanted to be a black gangbanger, talked like one, acted like one, threw away his and his family's future like one, pissed away a career as an athlete like many of them and ended up in jail like one. Sad picture of our society that he valued being a gangster more than a pro football player but its obvious he did. CTE may have fughed him up at the end and we will never know how bad all the drugs he took for pain or the pain itself messed with his head. In the end he wanted to be a gangster thats where he headed as soon as his dad died.

Deserve's got nuthin to do with it- Willam H Munny
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
Pretty well done.

Insane story, especially from an investigator's perspective.

Who killed Clark ?

He would have typed. Root cause. He wanted COCK !

I thought it well done as well.

Previously I’d been under the impression he was a project kid involved w gangs early on. Just couldn’t escape his past..

Not so

Whiskey & guns. Seldom a good mix

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
my wife and I have talked about that documentary more than anything we've watched in quite a while.

She is more sympathetic to the mother, being married to a mean drunk that beat her

but I think the mother shacking up with her nieces husband shortly after the death of her husband was a trash move.

I also wonder if he had been drafted say by Kansas City would he be different? Being drafted by the Patriots, he never really left his home town and the bad influences he hung out with, he just moved all his trash friends into his home with him. He probably would have gone bad either way.

there was no shortage of trash with his family and friends.He wasn't going to escape that.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by KFWA
my wife and I have talked about that documentary more than anything we've watched in quite a while.

She is more sympathetic to the mother, being married to a mean drunk that beat her

but I think the mother shacking up with her nieces husband shortly after the death of her husband was a trash move.

I also wonder if he had been drafted say by Kansas City would he be different? Being drafted by the Patriots, he never really left his home town and the bad influences he hung out with, he just moved all his trash friends into his home with him. He probably would have gone bad either way.

there was no shortage of trash with his family and friends.He wasn't going to escape that.
If he would have played for the Chiefs he would have retired there, they have a bad habit of finding some real scum bag players, ie, Tyreek Hill, Kareem Hunt, Larry Johnson, Jovan Belcher, to name a few.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by KFWA

Moving away from it all to Miami didn't keep him from doing stupid stuff. He was who he was. I loved watching him play football. I had forgotten that Tebow's jump pass in the national championship game was to Hernandez. Legend!

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

Linkie

Watch the show. The Dr said he had a very advanced case of CTE "probably at least a decade". A decade would put him at around 13!

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Police attempted to get answers from Hernandez, then only 17 years old, but he refused to answer questions without an attorney present and hasn’t answered any questions about the incident since.

the power of not answering questions to police - had he slipped up once in answering a question (like he did when he lied to Patriots owner Kraft and it came back as evidence against him in court), he'd probably gone to jail as the "hawaiin man"

Last edited by KFWA; 01/23/20.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by mohave_mauler1
Dude wanted to be a black gangbanger, talked like one, acted like one, threw away his and his family's future like one, pissed away a career as an athlete like many of them and ended up in jail like one. Sad picture of our society that he valued being a gangster more than a pro football player but its obvious he did. CTE may have fughed him up at the end and we will never know how bad all the drugs he took for pain or the pain itself messed with his head. In the end he wanted to be a gangster thats where he headed as soon as his dad died.

All I can say is you are very misguided and do not know what you are talking about.

Was he bad? Yes Did he do stupid sh_t? Yes Did he hang around a few bad apples? Yes

Those don't make you a gangbanger. To the best of my knowledge he had no affiliation with a gang. Yes he had friends that where in gang's. He was known by HPD to hang out on and around Park Street. He liked weed! I am guessing it provided him temporary relief from his pain both physically, emotionally and mentally. Again that doesn't make one a gangbanger.

It is easy to cast judgement on others. None of use can or ever will know what he went through in life. We will never know why he did what he did. There is know denying that he had CTE and from a very early age! He had a [bleep] home life with or without his father in the picture. There were a lot of things in his life that in my opinion set him up for failure.

In the end he was a very talented TE with a bright future and he threw it all away with bad choices. Maybe just maybe some of those choices were made because of his CTE. Either way it is a sad story for everyone involved.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter

Linkie

Watch the show. The Dr said he had a very advanced case of CTE "probably at least a decade". A decade would put him at around 13!

I'm a believer that CTE can cause massive swings in a human being's behavior.

But I didn't care for the way it was presented in this documentary. They did a poor job of that IMO.

Still, worth a watch.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
175 members (257 mag, 10Glocks, 300_savage, 2UP, 300jimmy, 01Foreman400, 14 invisible), 1,486 guests, and 830 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,592
Posts18,397,909
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.