-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Some of you were wise and already have souvenir bricks from the Savage Arms Plant in Utica.
The rest of us need someone local to procure a pickup load of these sacred bricks for our collections. Do we have a volunteer?
Sorta sad, but, a 110 year run ain't bad.
Time marches on. Rest in peace Old Friend, rest in peace.

Savage Arms Factory <<click here

"Every day above ground is a good day."
GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Having a brick from that old plant would be pretty darn cool. Can we get it with a letter of authenticity? Cause,you know a brick is....well just a brick. grin

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
The bricks that I got from the plant along with insulators from the electric plant have all been lettered by JTC and have the Savage stamp on them that appeared on his factory letters. They are also endorsed by a notary public. I have a bunch of pictures that I took as well. I was up on the roofs and down in the bowels of the building I wanted to get the lights off the front of the building but I didn't think it would be a wise move.

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Im fortunate to have one of those bricks LBK got along with the documentation letter from JTC. If i remember correctly there is a large granite block that says SAVAGE ARMS ,hopefully someone will save it. eek

Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Longbeardking
The bricks that I got from the plant along with insulators from the electric plant have all been lettered by JTC and have the Savage stamp on them that appeared on his factory letters.

What is the fee for a lettered brick?? laugh

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Loggah
Im fortunate to have one of those bricks LBK got along with the documentation letter from JTC.

Ya know Don, if you sold tickets for "The Vault & Logging Museum" and got a load of bricks to sell as souvenirs you could retire. wink

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
You mean retire again ????? I'm pretty sure theres no way i could afford that ! grin I have to laugh about 6 or 7 years ago my wife came up from the river down back and said she found a savage out by the river crazy crazy well in one of our many floods a firebrick with the word savage moulded into it appeared, seems every year or two another savage brick shows up!!! grin grin im sure there used to be a steam sawmill up the river that used a "DUTCH OVEN" to burn sawmill waste and was made of savage firebricks. laugh laugh

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Southern_WI_Savage
The bricks that I got from the plant along with insulators from the electric plant have all been lettered by JTC and have the Savage stamp on them that appeared on his factory letters.

What is the fee for a lettered brick?? laugh

They are PRICELESS ! A brick from the Savage plant WITH an authentic Savage letter signed AND stamped.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I'm local, but I only have a half-ton truck. What's the demo date?

..I'd be willing to toss on the bolt cutters, and trade a half-hour's worth of brick tossing toward a BB 250, shipping not included.

...it wouldn't be like stealing if they're tearing it down anyway...

Last edited by JeffG; 01/23/20.

"...One Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for All"

JeffG
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Eh, somehow I don't think this guy knows what he's looking at.

"The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle." John Stapp - "Stapp's Law"
"Klaatu barada nikto"

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JeffG
I'm local, but I only have a half-ton truck. What's the demo date?

..I'd be willing to toss on the bolt cutters, and trade a half-hour's worth of brick tossing toward a BB 250, shipping not included.

...it wouldn't be like stealing if they're tearing it down anyway...

That was my thought when I went under the fence. My wife was a tad nervous, ESPECIALLY when I climbed up on the roof. What I REALLY wanted was the two big lights next to the front door. One of our Canadian members posted a picture of the Savage employees on the steps of the entry way and the SAME lights were on the building. Send me a PM if we can talk.

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Y'all could organize a commando raid. Scope out in advance what tools needed to remove those lights and go back later with a precision plan of attack to snag them. That, or call the demolition company and offer a few bucks of scrap value for them. Seriously, either way I agree those lamps are a significant piece of lore/memorabilia and effort should be made to secure them. Wish I lived closer.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
https://www.cnyhomepage.com/news/lo...r-help-demolishing-charlestown-usa-mall/

Watching this video, it looks like they have already been removed. I sent an email to the Mayor.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I live about as far away from the plant as a person can live, but if I was closer a commando raid to get a pile of bricks sounds like something I'd do. Can see the headlines now " Several old men arrested for stealing bricks from former Savage factory. They are being remanded to the geriatric psych ward at the county jail. Would they're wives come and pick them up, please". laugh laugh

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If I was homeless I'd live there.

LOL
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
https://www.cnyhomepage.com/news/lo...r-help-demolishing-charlestown-usa-mall/
Watching this video, it looks like they have already been removed. I sent an email to the Mayor.

It doesn't sound like anything is going to happen anytime soon due to the cost and who's cost among other logistic issues.
Don't ask....don't tell....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My enclosed trailer is way bigger than it needs to be for the hotrod. If they demo or the commando raid occurred about Savage Fest we could haul a load off with it and the battered Ram. The battered Ram is a 2500 with a long bed. It can haul a lot. After all what's another thousand miles or two.

wyo1895
With Savage never say never.
For a copy of my book on engraved Savage lever actions rifles send a check for $80 to; David Royal, p.o. box 1271, Pinedale, Wy., 82941. I will sign and inscribe the book for you.
[email protected]

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
Y'all could organize a commando raid. Scope out in advance what tools needed to remove those lights and go back later with a precision plan of attack to snag them. That, or call the demolition company and offer a few bucks of scrap value for them. Seriously, either way I agree those lamps are a significant piece of lore/memorabilia and effort should be made to secure them. Wish I lived closer.

...uhh,... maybe we should make these plans on a different platforum..., like f to f, mano-a-mano, maybe?., just sayin'

"...One Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for All"

JeffG

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

544 members (17CalFan, 007FJ, 1minute, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 1234, 59 invisible), 2,090 guests, and 1,071 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,108
Posts18,464,271
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.