Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
Has anybody moved West to get away from the humidity of the East? Did it really help your arthritis?

GB1

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by BlackBranchFarm
Has anybody moved West to get away from the humidity of the East? Did it really help your arthritis?

I don't know if any move improves arthritis. The basic cause of arthritis is inflammation. The cause of inflammation is diet and life style. The American diet is a killer. You can turn the inflammation train around with a diet change.
The attached link is for a book that I followed. It worked.
https://nutritionfacts.org/book/

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
My arthritis flares up when a low pressure/storm moves thru. High humidity only associated with a storm.Have not seen any improvement with changing diet

Last edited by saddlesore; 01/24/20.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My DNA is central Europe, so we love arthritis. Anyway I watch my weight, and when I really restrict carbs, the pain is dramatically reduced. Personally I think diet is a direct contributor to pain, and environment is less than secondary effect. Probably weather to get exercise is a better way to frame that, and maybe skip weather and just exercise. So proactive care, not passive environment.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Terryk
My DNA is central Europe, so we love arthritis. Anyway I watch my weight, and when I really restrict carbs, the pain is dramatically reduced. Personally I think diet is a direct contributor to pain, and environment is less than secondary effect. Probably weather to get exercise is a better way to frame that, and maybe skip weather and just exercise. So proactive care, not passive environment.

Same problem for me. They call that the "Kings Diet"

Low pressure fronts moving through gets my hardware throbbing. The pain for me is only temporary and site located.

Last edited by MM879; 01/24/20.
IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I don't have arthritis, because I take glucosamine, chondroitin, and msm

https://www.swansonvitamins.com/swanson-premium-glucosamine-chondroitin-msm-250-200-150-mg-120-tabs

Also I take two of these envelopes of gelatine, every other day. Mix with V8 juice.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

The cartilage in your joints is made of gelatine. Replacing the gelatine in your system will rebuild your joints.
This stuff works, and is cheap.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by MM879

I don't know if any move improves arthritis. The basic cause of arthritis is inflammation. The cause of inflammation is diet and life style. The American diet is a killer. You can turn the inflammation train around with a diet change.
The attached link is for a book that I followed. It worked.
https://nutritionfacts.org/book/

And in most cases inflammation causes high cholesterol numbers as well!

MAGA! This is the way!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I don't believe in the "low pressure/humidity" bulls chit. My arthritis hurts the same, regardless of the weather. My pain has more to do with what I did the previous day.

B
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
Thanks for the ideas. I hurt most right before a thunderstorm. It is likely atmospheric presssure, but easily correlates to humidity here.

Would like to hurt less. Docs, diets, surgery haven't done much to help.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Thanks for the ideas. I hurt most right before a thunderstorm. It is likely atmospheric presssure, but easily correlates to humidity here.

You could try my stuff for a month, would cost you about 25 bucks. No side effects. What have you got to lose?

IC B3

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Here is my theory for 2 cents .When a low pressure system moves, in the fluid in the inflammation will have less pressure on the out side to keep it contained, letting the joint or ?swell up adding to the pain. Like a potato chip bag that is packaged at sea level and shipped to 6000 feet .
I am doing better since I started taking 3000mg of Tumeric a day and using a TENS unit along with CBD oil

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have arthritis in most joints, not too bad, but I'm only 50.
I was hurting all over, hips, back, knees, ankles, elbows, hands...everywhere.

We decided to go Keto right before Memorial Day. Within 3 or 4 days,
I was much better. Gradually forgot about the hurt.

Right before Christmas, we took a Keto break. Cookies!!
I watched carbs a bit, but not much.

By New Years, I was starting to hurt. Took us another week to
settle in right with keto. Couple days, pain mostly gone.

All carbs aren't the same either. Flour, and processed sweeteners
cause my trouble. Starchy vegetables not so bad.

Weight needs to continue to improve, but I will never go back to
eating carbs like before. I love pasta, and baked goods, and may
imbibe on occasion, but never like in the past.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
The light came on for me when I went into the doctors office for a gout attack. The doc gave me the magic little green pill. In three days I felt like a million dollars. I knew at that time it was wide ranging inflammation. The little green pill worked perfectly, but it was serious medicine that changed the blood chemistry. I didn't want to stay on the drugs, so I tried the diet. It worked. Now that I'm eating the good food I can take little ventures back into the foods that gave me the problems. Everything in moderation now.

B
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by simonkenton7

You could try my stuff for a month, would cost you about 25 bucks. No side effects. What have you got to lose?

I am going to try the glucosamine and chondroitin. Thanks for the ideas. It will be adding more to the sack of medicine I am on already, but I have to try something. I have lost weight because of my diabetes and it helped ease back pain, but it has not helped the pain in my hips, knees or ankles.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I've pretty much lived in high humidity places my whole life. I have Ankylosing Spondylitis, and I receive meds via infusion every six weeks. It's a treatment, not a cure. Good days, and bad ones with flare ups in between. I can say for sure that weather and humidity does affect MY pain and inflammation.

When we went to New Mexico for a week, I noticed my pain level really dropped. I felt better the whole week we were there. On a different trip to Colorado, same thing.

I think that when my boy graduates from high school, we might try a temporary move for a few months to try it out. If it proves significant, we might really consider moving.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
I’ve talked to quite a few people who moved west from the Ohio River valley and noted both a decrease in joint/arthritis pain and fewer allergies. Anecdotal but consistent so I believe that low humidity a factor. Most of these people went to desert environments. One thing that we can’t do is outrun our “jeans”.

It’s worth reading up on modern studies that look at tissue adaptability in response to resistance training. Bone, muscle and ligaments peak around weeks while tendons and cartilage steadily adapt over a 2-3 year period. Most people jump into resistance training like the Tasmanian Devil. Slow steady persistent stress loading improves joint health rather than making it worse. Supplements are good and may enhance cartilage health but isn't likely to stop or reverse damage.

Last edited by IZH27; 01/25/20.
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Duplicate

Last edited by IZH27; 01/25/20.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Not related to arthritis but lower humidity...In the summer our humidity is commonly 20% or lower. Water holds heat. With the dry air, when the sun goes down, so does the temperature since there's less water to hold the heat. In the summer, it's normal for the night temperature to be 30 to 40F lower than the days. That makes for great sleeping.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
I have had foot and ankle pain for about 15 years no Drs. Had any answers. I quit smoking and it improved some so I have stayed quit. Recently I decided to limit carbs to lose a little weight. My feet feel the best they have since I was in my 40s. I have experimented some and bread is the thing that makes my joints hurt. I love bread but I like not hurting better than bread.
And I have made a couple of trips around the west. My arthritis was much less on those trips than here at home. Don't know if it was the humidity or elevation.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
The mom on the Walton’s moved to Az cause of the old-timey consumption.

So there’s that, at least.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

711 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 1234, 160user, 007FJ, 10ring1, 70 invisible), 3,024 guests, and 1,308 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,485
Posts18,451,963
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.