Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I can assure you when you run a rimfire suppressed it’s a beautiful thing. Bolt actions all you hear is firing pin and the bullet hitting target
No hearing protection needed. Pistols the action is the loudest thing

Has nothing to do with being tacticool for me, but I’m sure some guys it does.

If you haven’t tried it I would recommend you did.

I can understand the MOS if reliability isn’t there. Would rather have reliable function. 10 rounds I can live with.

Just don’t understand why they didn’t do the barrel threaded they way the m&p and Walther are. Uses a adapter that allows it to be run either way without a threaded barrel protruding past the end of slide if your not running suppressed. Extra 150$ for a threaded barrel sucks

GB1

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
KevinJ: For many years (2+ decades!) I have hosted MANY out of state Varmint Hunters - they (as a group!) just LOVE suppressed Varmint guns.
I have shot many of their suppressed Varmint Guns from 308 Winchester bull barreled Rifles on down to 17 Mach2 pistols!
In the Varminting fields quieter is better - but I have not sprung for a suppressor of my own.
I am retired and get more than my share of Varmints and Varminting without going through the time, trouble and expense of obtaining suppressors and afixing them to MY Varminting guns.
Bottom line is I don't care if or if not the Glock Model 44 is "threaded".
I want to get my hands on a Model 44 before I put my dollars down.
Way to go Mr. Glock - I say.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Varmintguy. Totally agree. I’m still interested but wanna handle one and will wait till they bring out a model threaded as I do use suppressors quite a bit. Curious how reliable they will be

I would tell you the trouble isn’t much trouble when you use a knowledgeable class 3 dealer. Just a couple of signatures and basically it’s no different than buying a new gun in that sense. The wait sucks, but when it’s over it doesn’t feel like all that long. The extra tax stamp stings a little, but oh well.

They aren’t for everyone I know, just saying a very easy thing to do would have been to have the barrel threaded the way multiple other 22lr semi auto pistols are and recessed behind the slide and then all the owner needs is a cheap adapter to attach a suppressor. Best of both worlds.

I got my first suppressor for one reason. My oldest son was super blast/noise shy. Friend of mine let him shoot a suppressed 223 and it was not at all frightening to him. I was sold. He loves shooting with me now. Money well spent to me

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
KevinJ: I got to handle my first Glock Model 44 in 22 L.R. today!
It is just SO cool!
It is extremely light-weight - and I looked that up - 14.5 ounces (IIRC!)!
The lightness of weight caused me to ask for permission to take down (disassemble) the Model 44.
The "innards" were extremely well finished and looked surprisingly like my centerfire Glocks (again, IIRC).
The asking price at the store I was in was $335.00 (no sales tax) and I came within a hair of buying it right then - I have a big gunshow coming up this weekend and there is a Rifle there that I have been interested in so I passed on the Glock Model 44 for now.
Come on first of the month (new allowance then!).
I also very much liked the sights on this model and I inserted a dummy round and tried the trigger - the trigger, was the trigger - not bad, not great!
The magazine was pleasingly designed and made, as far as I could tell - I forgot to ask if the factory Model 44 comes with more than one magazine?
Anyway I will have one within a month and will let you's all know how it fires,functions, feels etc.
Can't wait to hear what others think and how they shoot.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

C
Cinch Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
They got some in here in town just recently ...I’ve got kids college books to buy then I’ll probably pick one up... thanks for the feedback VG...

Public landowner...
IC B2

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I'm on a wait list. Gunshop told me they initially expected to get one Glock 44 in and then more as production ramps. So....I'm still waiting to get mine.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Same here. I got on the wait list today.

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Picked up mine yesterday!

Have only ran 20 rounds through it, so far.

It was drizzling rain a little, so I didn't shoot much.

My first 10 shots went a total of 3-1/4" off hand at ten paces

Had 8 in 2-1/4 " and pulled two shots. Point of impact was dead on

The second 10 were just shooting at chunks of broken clay pigeons.

Just point and shoot. I seemed to hit well with it, and am VERY pleased with my new Pistol.

Will wring it out more, when I get better weather.

It's so light, it feels like an empty squirt gun. I'm going to love packing this pistol!

One happy old goat here!

Virgil B.

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
That's cool. Thanks for the report Virgil. Mine is supposed to arrive tomorrow.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - Ronald Reagan
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I picked mine up on Monday and today was my first chance to shoot it. I put 120 rounds of Remington Golden Bullet and 50 rounds of Remington Thunderbolt ammo through it. First impressions:

1. The magazines are easy to load, but be sure of following Glock's instructions to only lower the follower enough to insert one round at a time. Otherwise they will not stack correctly, especially the final 2 or 3 rounds. If you load the mags deliberately, all is fine.

2. It handles exactly like a G-19, except it only weighs 14.5 ounces empty.

3. The recoil is a bit snappy for a .22. It feels like you are shooting a real gun.

4. It shot exactly to point of aim at 20 yards. The bullets were hitting dead center for windage and an inch over the top of the front sight.

5. It kept EVERY shot within 2 inches at 20 yards when fired from a supported position.

6. I could ring steel with it every shot at 15 yards rapid fire.

7. There were NO malfunctions of any kind, right from the start. It doesn't seem to need a break-in period.

8. Where has this gun been all my life? It is a GREAT little pistol.

9. If I was ever going to pick a .22 handgun for defense (which I am not), THIS would be the one to pick. It would be a nice gun for Grandma to keep on the nightstand.

Life is like a purple antelope on a field of tuna fish...
IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Got one this morning, ran about 50 rounds thru it, functioned like a Glock, more accurate than me.

Been shooting Glocks for 15 years as LEO, nothing better. Love the 22 LR.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Got one this am. Ran about 50 rds thru it, worked like a Glock, went bang every time. At least as accurate as me.

Always been a revolver fan (still am) but been shooting Glocks for 15 yrs as LEO, wouldn't want anything else for SHTF defense.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Got on the wait list yesterday, got my G44 today.

Just as described. The trigger is at least as good as any of my other Glocks, maybe better.

I won''t get a chance to shoot it until Sat.

Paul

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Murkydismal: Thank you for that posting/information.
I also carried a Glock as a law enforcement type for the last 12 years of my 29 years of service - then I carried various Glocks for two private body guard companies for 15 more years.
I can find NO fault with the Glocks I have used, and own now - especially with the high capacity magazines and night sights..
I am off to a gunshow tomorrow and if things go right I will have my own Glock Model 44 in a week or so.
Thanks again.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
P.S.: Paul39 thank you as well - I should have done my trigger testing - for more than just "one" pull on a snap-cap that i did - I hope the Glock 44 I get has a trigger as pleasing as yours - let us know how it shoots.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Trigger pull was based on my early impression. Pretty subjective. I'll get a better sense after I shoot it. It does come with two mags.

The instructions mention nothing about how to adjust the rear sight. Strange. I get the impression that they are the same as the G34. I'll have to check those instructions.

Edit: The G34 instructions don't address it either. Weird. I'll just have to figure it out.

Paul

Last edited by Paul39; 01/24/20.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Someone was asking what kind of rifling this pistol was going to have?

My 67 year old eyes don't see fine detail well any longer.

I pulled my barrel and looked down it, and can see the twist in it.

It's not polygonal but is rather shallow.

Not conventional land and groove, but way smoother.

Don't know what to call it, but it works!

And, NO leading.

Virgil B.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Can lead bullets be fired in the 44?

Originally Posted by vbshootinrange
Someone was asking what kind of rifling this pistol was going to have?

My 67 year old eyes don't see fine detail well any longer.

I pulled my barrel and looked down it, and can see the twist in it.

It's not polygonal but is rather shallow.

Not conventional land and groove, but way smoother.

Don't know what to call it, but it works!

And, NO leading.

Virgil B.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
Will likely be used in training for those who carry Glocks for duty or otherwise.

Hate to rain on the Love fest here but...

I had one of the advantage arms conversion kits, also I've handled the Glock G44 at a local dealer.

Both of the pistols are much lighter than the centerfire pistols, I feel that is a negative for training.

For about the same money you can get 2,000 to 3,000 rounds of 9mm shipped to your door.

YMMV,

Jerry

https://www.targetsportsusa.com/win...grain-fmj-steel-case-win9sv-p-81603.aspx

https://www.targetsportsusa.com/red...ains-fmj-steel-case-am3091-p-110243.aspx

Si vis pacem, para bellum
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Paul39
Got on the wait list yesterday, got my G44 today.

Just as described. The trigger is at least as good as any of my other Glocks, maybe better.

I won''t get a chance to shoot it until Sat.

Paul

OK, I did get out to shoot on Sat., and I have to back off a bit from my initial enthusiasm about the trigger. I'm no expert, but do have other Glocks, and comparing them is a bit subjective. As to the trigger on this G44, meh, it's a Glock.

The real issue for me isn't the trigger by itself, but combined with the very light weight of the gun, makes this a difficult pistol to shoot accurately. Of course this is not a target pistol. To me it's main value is as an understudy for my G19, same configuration and manual of arms, same ergonomics except for the weight.

A couple of my neighbors recently got Taurus TX22s, which I have shot. To me they are more "shootable" than the G19. For a shooter just looking for a fun pistol. the G44 wouldn't be my first recommendation. There are a lot of .22s to choose from. For Glock guys like me, it's main attraction is that it's a Glock.

Paul

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ran some CCI standard velocity 22LR through my Glock 44.

It didn't shoot as accurate as CCI Velocitor, or American Eagle.

The standard velocity is bare lead, and didn't lead the barrel.

You could hear a big difference in the sound of the two when firing.

All rounds are functioning 100% so far. Will be trying some CCI Stingers next.

I've got eye problems (plus being 67 years old) and the U shaped white outline on the back sight needed changed,

I took a black laundry marker and blacked out the bottom white line of the U. I'll see if this helps.

Gotta do more testing as weather permits.

Virgil B.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

544 members (10gaugemag, 1337Fungi, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 53 invisible), 2,360 guests, and 1,172 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,326
Posts18,468,495
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.