Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image from img.adpeepshosted.com]
[Linked Image from uploads-ssl.webflow.com]
[Linked Image]

Doug from Camera Land's Day 2 SHOT Show Report

Day 2:

I had an hour to myself this morning due to the Leica meeting time misunderstanding yesterday so I used this time to go over to the Warne Scope Ring/Mount booth. I've been looking for a quality ring company to get some other options available for you and they seem to have some great affordable offerings.
What are your thoughts? Please let me know.

Now my day 2, which was planned as more of my standard crazy meeting type day can officially begin. It's European Day for me smile

My 1st meeting of the day was with Swarovski.
So many exciting new releases to talk about:

Z5 Illuminated Riflescopes that are daylight bright, 1" tube and all under 20 ounce.
Great optical performance, high resolution and clarity, Exceptional repeatable accuracy, Precise ¼ MOA turrets with an optional ballistic turret, and 3 reticle choices in the second focal plane.

KAHLES is offering its first monocular rangefinder in the form of the new Helia RF-M, which has been specially designed for hunting situations. Its key features include fast target detection up to a range of 2000m, a large field of view with exceptional edge sharpness, intuitively simple operation/menu navigation, an extremely compact and ergonomic design, a high-quality OLED display and the integrated EAC function (patented enhanced angle compensation). At just 214 g, it is also incredibly lightweight.

Optimized for IPSC and 3-Gun matches, the Kahles K18i with 8 x zoom features an ultra-wide field of view, specially designed, extra-bright illuminated reticles with unique MAX LIGHT function and an individually adjustable throw lever.
Ultra-wide field of view, 8 x zoom and true 1 x magnification
Integrated throw levers in 2 alternative sizes with infinitely adjustable positions
Extra-bright day/night illumination in 2nd focal plane with MAX LIGHT function for extreme backlight situations
Special reticles for IPSC and 3-Gun, designed with the support of recognized pro-shooters
OILPHOBIC coated lenses

I have to say that 2019 was one of our biggest Swarovski sales years in as long as I can remember and we are looking to increase on that this year, so please give us a call to discuss these new products.

Continuing with companies from across the ocean I went a few aisles over to Zeiss. It's been a bunch of years, to be honest, since we've been a big Zeiss house. For no reason we just seemed to drift apart. Maybe it was change of leadership over there or whatever. Just kind of happened and once again theirs new top folks so I was curious to see what, if anything, would pump up the interest level for me.
Well they got my interest with their Terra 8x42 and 10x42 binoculars in Green. I cannot post here why it is so exciting, however, if you give us a call we will share it with you and why it's such a great buy.

The also shared with me that they have lowered the selling price on some V4 Series Riflescopes which now are priced well for Japan made scopes

More European culture to see at Meopta. Many new products:
Optika5 Riflescopes:
2-10x42
3-15x44
4-20x44
4-20x50
4-20x50 Illuminated
All $349.99 - $549.99, coming this Summer

Meopro Air Binoculars. Same great optics as the Meostar, lighter weight with an open bridge design.
8x42 and 10x42 coming this Spring

Staying on the other side of the pond it was off to Hawke. For those of you not in the know Hawke is based out of England. We have been a Hawke dealer for many years. Known well throughout the Air Gun market for their scopes they've finally been getting the recognition for being a world class optics company in the under $1,000.00 market place.
New releases that are note worthy:
Vantage 30 WA FFP 4-16×50 Half MilDot IR & Vantage 30 WA FFP 6-24×50 Half MilDot IR running around $400.00
First Focal Plane optical system
Wide Angle optical system
11 layer Fully Multi-Coated optics for excellent clarity
Side focus control for parallax adjustment to infinity
30mm mono-tube chassis for superior strength
Glass etched reticle with red and green illumination
Rheostat on saddle offers 5 levels of brightness
1⁄10 MRAD exposed and locking turrets
Fast focus eyebell and high torque zoom ring
Nitrogen purged – water, shock and fog proof

Vantage IR 3-9×40 Slug Gun SR for only $169.99
Slug Gun / Muzzle Loader / Straight-Wall
11 layer fully multi-coated optics for excellent clarity
Fixed parallax distance of 100 yards / 91 metres
1 inch mono-tube chassis for superior strength
Glass etched reticle with red and green illumination
Rheostat on saddle offers 5 levels of brightness
¼ MOA low profile no-snag fingertip turrets
Fast focus eyebell and high torque zoom ring
Threaded objective/ocular for optional accessories

We also will be bringing in their 1" & 30mm Tactical AR Cantilver Mounts for under $80.00

Back to Germany and Steiner. 2019 brought us, and in turn you all, great deals on P4Xi & GS3 riflescopes priced well below anything near their class and quality.
New releases include:
T750 and T856 Tactical Binoculars
Steiner pierces the shadows with the new two new T-Series binoculars – T856 and T750 porro prism tactical binoculars. Steiner Sports-Auto Focus and multi-coated Steiner glass provide low-light details with 96+ percent light transmission, the best in the industry, giving night surveillance a new dimension.

M8Xi Intelligent Firing Solution Rifle Scope
Steiner advances the tactical rifle scope world with the new M8Xi IFS riflescope. It features Intelligent Firing Solution capabilities in a 1-8x optic.

That's it for the European vacation. My next stop was with Chris over at Gunwerks. Such a great guy and always in a fantastic mood. He's always so excited about his products. He clued me in about 2 fascinating and innovative products. I would love to tell you more but can't until April. Sorry. Stay tuned, it's worth it.

Final stop of the day, which was one of my most anticipated meetings of the week, was with Bushnell. Why am I excited about Bushnell you are thinking. Well for many decades we have been a Bushnell dealer and until Summer of 2019 they refused to sell photo dealers Tactical scopes. FINALLY, someone thinking outside the box took a look and said "It's Camera Land Sports Optics and they are a valuable asset to the Sport Optics community. Today, after many hours of phone meetings I got to put a face to the voice of this brilliant man named Marty who took a moment to look and discovered what could happen if some effort is used.
New release - New Prime Riflescopes
They have expanded its line of Prime riflescopes with two new models for 2020: a 3-9x40mm with an illuminated Multi-X reticle for low light situations and a 3-12x40mm with custom reticles calibrated for some of today’s most popular hunting calibers.

We completed a buy we have been working on for a while for their Nitro FFP & SFP Riflescopes that were $499.99 - $699.99 and we've got them for you at only $199.99 - $289.99 smile

Now comes my daily gelatto. Again, medicinal of course to sooth my now very sore, from talking all day, throat. I went with a Cappuccino and Vanilla Bean shake. OMG, so awesome

If there is anything you're looking for please give us a call at 516-217-1000. It is always our pleasure to speak with you. Always give a call to discuss options and what would be best for your needs

Have a great day.

Thank you for your continued support.
If there is anything else that I can assist you with please let me know.
Doug
Camera Land
720 Old Bethpage Road
Old Bethpage, NY 11804
516-217-1000

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
GB1

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Where are the Meopta Optika5's being made? Czech Republic, pacific rim, or ???

Last edited by horse1; 01/22/20.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
They say Product of the Czech Republic, however, I an sure it's Pacific Rim parts assembled in Czech

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
What's the weights and reticle options on the new Meoptas? Are they willing to make x36 scopes?

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by pabucktail
What's the weights and reticle options on the new Meoptas? Are they willing to make x36 scopes?

For the time being these will be all that's new. They hae lots of SKU's and need to get everything launched.

I'll look into the weights

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

IC B2

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I have a few of the older 4200 Elite series Bushnell scopes that I am happy with. How does the Nitro line compare. I’m interested in the 5-20 power SFP but likely wouldn’t be satisfied if glass quality wasn’t similar to my 4200’s.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I'd like to see something from Meopta to compete with a Leupold VX3i 2.5x8, and a Swarovski Z3 3x9x36 in size and weight. I really like Meopta glass and scopes, but all their scopes are so heavy.

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by cgr1971
I'd like to see something from Meopta to compete with a Leupold VX3i 2.5x8, and a Swarovski Z3 3x9x36 in size and weight. I really like Meopta glass and scopes, but all their scopes are so heavy.

There’s a theme developing.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by TOOBuilder
I have a few of the older 4200 Elite series Bushnell scopes that I am happy with. How does the Nitro line compare. I’m interested in the 5-20 power SFP but likely wouldn’t be satisfied if glass quality wasn’t similar to my 4200’s.

I would be interested in this as well. Thanks

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TOOBuilder

I got some feedback on the old Elite 4200’s vs. the Nitro’s from the tech guys at Bushnell.

Although the 4200’s were made in Japan, the Nitro’s are a step up. The 4200’s had Bushnell Rainguard, whereas the Nitro’s have EXO Barrier protection. The Nitro’s also have 30mm tubes, and the 4200’s had 1” tubes. Optically the Nitro’s are better than the old 4200’s.

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

IC B3

RLA Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Doug, when will the new Optika5 scopes be in stock?

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RLA
Doug, when will the new Optika5 scopes be in stock?

They say Summer

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

310 members (12344mag, 257 mag, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 1lessdog, 31 invisible), 1,440 guests, and 1,066 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,225
Posts18,447,626
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.