Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
R
Raeford Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Anyone know of any good reports on cell phones and their effects on the human body?
I have recently developed a sore spot on my thigh right where I carry my phone.
I wear carpenter style jeans in winter and the same style of shorts in summer, always carry the phone in the tool pocket against my right thigh.
Coincidence?

Not sure if I need to start wearing my tin foil hat or create a tin foil barrier for my thigh.

FJB & FJT
BP-B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Can't speak about a cell phone, but I stopped putting my wallet in my hip pocket and my sciatic nerve thanked me for it.

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Try carrying the phone in a different pocket for a while

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Cell phone car wrecks are a plague.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2014/03/28/cellphone-use-1-in-4-car-crashes/7018505/

Drivers are constantly reminded not to use their phones while behind the wheel, but a new study reminds us just how dangerous it is.

The National Safety Council's annual injury and fatality report, "Injury Facts," found that the use of cellphones causes 26% of the nation's car accidents, a modest increase from the previous year. The 2014 edition of the report compares data from 2013 and earlier.

Only 5% of cellphone-related crashes occur because the driver is texting. The majority of the accidents involve drivers distracted while talking on handheld or hands-free cellphones

R
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Try carrying the phone in a different pocket for a while

Started this yesterday to see if anything changes.

FJB & FJT
IC B2

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I have mine in my shirt pocket.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Had a similar issue occur. Back in the flip phone days, I carried the phone in the same pocket all day. My leg started to tingle and burn. After I went to a phone clip, that all went away. However, I'm not sure I won't have some type of lasting effect from it.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Cell phones warp the user's view of reality. Cell phones contribute to psychological control and abuse. Cell phones stifle independent thought. Cell phones may induce users to make foolish decisions based on faulty info. Cell phones induce the user to accept invasion of privacy. There must be some positive aspects of cell phone use as well or people wouldn't willingly live with them glued to their body. GD

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

LOL
R
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by greydog
Cell phones warp the user's view of reality. Cell phones contribute to psychological control and abuse. Cell phones stifle independent thought. Cell phones may induce users to make foolish decisions based on faulty info. Cell phones induce the user to accept invasion of privacy. There must be some positive aspects of cell phone use as well or people wouldn't willingly live with them glued to their body. GD

Well, this was informative........almost not exactly
Thanks?

FJB & FJT
IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R

FJB & FJT
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Its been very harmful. My wife knows where I am and can talk to me whenever.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Cell phones transmit and receive constantly. It's only a small of amount of radiation (not radioactivity, there's a difference) but if it's right next to your body for many hours of the day, it adds up. Is it harmful in the long run? Some people think so. Others say it's perfectly safe.

But that's what they said about Agent Orange.

If we were aware of the barrage of radiation we undergo every day, we'd be alarmed and appalled. Not just cosmic rays and natural radioactivity, but TV, radio, radar, Bluetooth, cell phones, high tension wires, and more. Our bodies are being positively bombed with radiation.

Last edited by RockyRaab; 01/24/20.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

R
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
I've been carrying mine this way for 5-6 years.........Hoping it's nothing.

FJB & FJT
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

There are effects around muscles in the neck and back due to the angle of the head etc.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Cell phones transmit and receive constantly. It's only a small of amount of radiation (not radioactivity, there's a difference) but if it's right next to your body for many hours of the day, it adds up. Is it harmful in the long run? Some people think so. Others say it's perfectly safe.

But that's what they said about Agent Orange.

If we were aware of the barrage of radiation we undergo every day, we'd be alarmed and appalled. Not just cosmic rays and natural radioactivity, but TV, radio, radar, Bluetooth, cell phones, high tension wires, and more. Our bodies are being positively bombed with radiation.

Agent orange was safe. We sprayed it until it was banned here on the farm. No cancer at all.

Of course getting doused with the stuff was not safe.

Same with phones.

But it seems that everyone has to go off one deep end or the other lately about things( not directed to you)

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
No offense taken, good sir. I do think you are wrong about Orange, though. Some people like myself seem to have escaped any long-term problems. But thousands more weren't so lucky.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
I wonder about all that electricity flying through the air all about us. I need to pick my tinfoil hat at the cleaners.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
R
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I wonder about all that electricity flying through the air all about us. I need to pick my tinfoil hat at the cleaners.

5G will up the anty on this.

FJB & FJT
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Theoretically possible but -
Cell phone signal strength: -30 dBm on the high side (0.000001 Watt)
TV transmitter: varies, say 600 kW ( 600,000 Watt)
Yet there are no dead zones around TV transmitters.

Average US background radiation 624 millirem per year
CDC says 73% is inhaled

So if I was a worrywart I'd wear a dust mask rather than worry about a phone

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
650 members (1234, 257 roberts, 1lessdog, 2500HD, 257Bob, 257 mag, 73 invisible), 2,744 guests, and 1,290 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,648
Posts18,399,130
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.