I guess this also could have gone under "Wildcats" or "Single Shots", but are there any others out there reloading this caliber? And again, I cannot seem to add photos (files being too big). RJ has some loads listed on his website that are all on the low pressure side (for presumably recoil abatement purposes). I thought before I received my rifle that a 260 gr. bullet would be ideal. However, hunting in California requires no lead in the bullet and the only 260 gr .375 I know of is a Nosler Accubond. Not legal.

I've been experimenting for a few months now. I started with Hornady 250 gr. GMX and Barnes 250 gr. TTSX thinking if I could get them to 2600 fps that would be well within the operating parameters of the bullets. Using Re 15 (my favorite medium caliber powder) and working up, I had no difficulty getting to that velocity. The Barnes bullet being more accurate. I then tried a 270 gr. Barnes TSX wanting to get to 2500 fps. I haven't even hit 2300 fps with that bullet, so I'm going to stick with the 250 TTSX. My first good load averaged just over an inch (1.15") for 13 3 shot groups. I have since bumped it 1/2 gr and so far (only 5 3 shot groups) that load has averaged 0.65" @ 2628 fps.

This rifle is a joy to handle and it is my plan on making it my "jack rabbit to moose" rifle. If there is anyone else loading and shooting this caliber please feel free to get in touch with me. Thanks! Terry

Last edited by BRLMKR; 01/24/20.