window.googletag = window.googletag || { cmd: [] }; googletag.cmd.push(() => { // Configure page-level targeting. googletag.pubads().setTargeting(“nsfw”, “true”); })
24hourcampfire.com
24hourcampfire.com
-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
A BOT conducting data mining. Your on a list that will be sold. The proceeds will be used to fund activities for gun control.

GB1

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
should it be legal to carry a gun from the living room to the dining room

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
WTF does "only for self defense" mean anyway?

Is there any other reason to carry a gun?

The 2'nd is not about hunting deer or pheasants. It is about defense from enemies of the state, foreign and domestic.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

The 2'nd is not about hunting deer or pheasants. It is about defense from enemies of the state, foreign and domestic.

Those who made up the three choices were obviously retarded. "Only for self defense" obviously makes no sense, as if some people don't want you carrying for range trips, hiking to hunting areas, etc., but would be okay if it were for self-defense.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Originally Posted by Hammerdown
You can not trust them to post the truth.

Not only can you not trust them to post results that "disappoint" them, you can't trust their polling sample either.

When they get results they don't like, a poll will be buried.

Why anyone watches the MSM at all anymore is a complete mystery to me.

They ran the same poll mid-September last year. The initial results were 93% in favor of carry in public with over 800K votes in the first 24 hours. The survey went off line for about 10 days. When it resurfaced, it was ~55% against public carry. Over 1 million additional votes against during the 10 day period, and less than 25,000 additional votes for. Not sure if they put it up on DU? Or where? But it was obvious they were manipulating the vote to fit their agenda because they did not like the initial showing...

IC B2

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
that's what ya call a pole vault

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Open carry is legal most states

According to the Brady bunch

https://lawcenter.giffords.org/gun-laws/policy-areas/guns-in-public/open-carry/

Three states (California, Florida, and Illinois) and the District of Columbia generally prohibit people from openly carrying firearms in public. Two states (New York and South Carolina) prohibit openly carrying handguns, but not long guns, and another three states (Massachusetts, Minnesota, and New Jersey) prohibit openly carrying long guns, but not handguns. In the remaining states, people are generally allowed to openly carry firearms, although some states require a permit or license to do so.

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

Maybe for offense???

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Kinda dumb to be asking the question 30+ years after CC went mainstream with no negative effects.

Besides, MSNBC never engages in honest endeavors so it's useless to even participate in any of their polling schemes.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Didn't read the article. But I don't much like the idea of open carry in crowds or public places. If someone has bad intents you would be the first target. Also with the statistics on officers being shot with their own weapon it's not too good an idea to make your weapon visible and available. I carry holstered on my belt at the farm or in the woods but concealed in town or church. That way no one knows and therefore they don't feel bothered.

Last edited by Hastings; 01/25/20. Reason: no change

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
IC B3

O
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
O
Originally Posted by Hastings
Didn't read the article. But I don't much like the idea of open carry in crowds or public places. If someone has bad intents you would be the first target. Also with the statistics on officers being shot with their own weapon it's not too good an idea to make your weapon visible anzed available. I carry holstered on my belt at the farm or in the woods but concealed in town or church. That way no one knows and therefore they don't feel bothered.

Someone grabbing for my gun during a momentary lapse of attention,(ever spilled coffee?), is reason enough not to advertise a sidearm on your pocession. Why would you want to advertise to the bad guys anyway?

Youthful enthusiasm is replaced by old age and treachery!
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by Old_Man
Originally Posted by Hastings
Didn't read the article. But I don't much like the idea of open carry in crowds or public places. If someone has bad intents you would be the first target. Also with the statistics on officers being shot with their own weapon it's not too good an idea to make your weapon visible anzed available. I carry holstered on my belt at the farm or in the woods but concealed in town or church. That way no one knows and therefore they don't feel bothered.

Someone grabbing for my gun during a momentary lapse of attention,(ever spilled coffee?), is reason enough not to advertise a sidearm on your pocession. Why would you want to advertise to the bad guys anyway?

Agreed, NO open carry for me until EVERYONE open carry's. smile

Trump Won!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by rong
46% yes-53% no
But it's a commie site ,so really it's not "that" bad.
Bad enough ,but I would think it would be way more lop sided.

You misread it. The 1% for "only for defense" is actually another percent for yes. Total yes, then, is 47%.

"Only for self defense" is an ignorant response. How could you legislate and enforce such a law?

"Honest officer, it's for self-defense." How would you prove otherwise?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by sse
should it be legal to carry a gun from the living room to the dining room

"Only for self-defense. "

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by stevelyn
Kinda dumb to be asking the question 30+ years after CC went mainstream with no negative effects.

Not if you want to say "most Americans are in favor of prohibiting firearms in public."

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by smokepole
46% yes-53% no

You misread it. The 1% for "only for defense" is actually another percent for yes. Total yes, then, is 47%.

"Only for self defense" is an ignorant response. How could you legislate and enforce such a law?

Regardless, it counts as a yes for carry in public. Its likely purpose for being added was to sow confusion, and to split the yes vote. It clearly didn't work very well, since very few chose it.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
46% yes-53% no

It is not about enforcing up front, but rather an extra charge after the fact. Something else for leverage when the perp is looking at plea options.

I think it is dumb, but I do see some value.

I just wish some of the idiots would realize they are not doing our side any good by carrying...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
46% yes-53% no

It is not about enforcing up front, but rather an extra charge after the fact. Something else for leverage when the perp is looking at plea options.

I think it is dumb, but I do see some value.

I just wish some of the idiots would realize they are not doing our side any good by carrying...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I carry concealed everywhere I go. I know if I was a bad guy fixing to do some harm I would want to take out the open carries first.

Jim

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I love the way folks here are funding MSNBC. Hell, the clicks this forum alone gives CNN probably keeps them alive.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

671 members (10gaugemag, 16penny, 160user, 117LBS, 10ring1, 12344mag, 71 invisible), 2,545 guests, and 1,211 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,164
Posts18,465,251
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.