Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
For the dog crowd here..... cool

https://www.ancient-origins.net/his...ints-reveal-oldest-evidence-human-021235

There is little doubt that humans and dogs are naturally inclined to be best friends. But when and how did this dynamic duo first emerge? Conventional wisdom holds that agrarian man domesticated scavenger canines about 15,000 years ago. However, recent archaeological discoveries and DNA analyses show that not only is our friendship closer to 30,000 years old (possibly 40,000 years) but also that man did not master and breed wolves into companionable dogs. Rather, our relationship was built on mutual benefits and respect.

This new reality has been made strikingly clear by the discovery of a set of footprints indicating a small child walked alongside a large wolf some 26,000 years ago.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks for the link. I've always found the early history of human / canine relationships to be fascinating.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Maybe the wolf was stalking the child?? Or the other way round?
Walking alongside is an assumption...just like the cat tracks in the snow by my home this morning..I followed it to the end of the back field, but it looks like we were walking together.
Then again, maybe there is a trail cam pic?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Ha I bet the wolf ate that little turkey

Location Western NC,
after alot of other places
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Maybe the wolf was stalking the child

The child may have been texting and did not see the wolf.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I would blame that on climate change

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
yeah its pretty much conjecture like most scientific stuff that happened in the distant past.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Too bad they didn't offer enough evidence in the story to prove what they are attempting to make the readers believe.
First, If this were anywhere near true, it'd have been taken note of many times before in many ways.

Since they failed to give details of what brought them to such an absurd conclusion it was probably just a dog lovers dream.

I read the article expecting some sort of proof, like the overlapping of the tracks first being child over K9 then vise versa.
If they'd had documented something like that, it'd been stated and pointed out I'd think.

Instead, the story goes the other direction, the tracks were found "deep in a cave"....
Tracks laid down in a cave will not weather nor age very quickly. The K9 tracks could have been made hours, days, weeks or even years apart from when the child entered and passed through the cave.

Poorly written story for offering proof, if it really exists at all.

I love my dog fairy tail.....................

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by CGPAUL
Maybe the wolf was stalking the child?? Or the other way round?
Walking alongside is an assumption...just like the cat tracks in the snow by my home this morning..I followed it to the end of the back field, but it looks like we were walking together.
Then again, maybe there is a trail cam pic?

In the back of the cave, one can see the ancient footsteps of a small child walking alongside a wolf

The cave would be the kids home you'd think so either the pooch was part of the tribe or …. he hunted down the kid in his cave and et him!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've had Ancient Origins bookmarked for a long time. I find it fascinating.

“What if dogs were put in the ‘human family’ category as an extension of the hunter, and like humans, warranted no (or very few) painted or engraved depictions?” asks Anne PikeTay of Vassar College (Shipman, 2016).

Hmmm...Native Americans bred them to eat. The Corps of Discovery found dog meat to be a delicacy.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
If this were true, why haven't they found ancient dog food factories?

$$$ TRUMP AT THE PUMP 2024 $$$
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
That is one old child! grin memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Most of the natives had dogs around these parts. I don't think they'd be all lovey dovey about them like we are but they coexisted and benefited from each other. A dog in bear country is a huge asset. Or to pull you over snow in a sled. Near here in the lower Fraser valley evidently the tribes on the north side of the valley had dogs with very wooly hair. They used to make blankets out of the wool. Those dogs are now extinct.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Oh ye of little faith.

There was a well at the back of the cave, the kid fell in. Lah Seh the wolfdog went for help and invented barking.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Peckerheads like dippy above

Made jest at me when I was pumped up about seeing the movie "Alpha" about a yr or so ago.

Ancient man and wolf story.

Also got told by other peckerwoods on here .
I was supporting Hollywoods liberal agenda by going to a movie for the 1st time in well over 10 yrs since seeing the 1st " Incredibles " movie with the wife and 3 daughters when they was young.

LMFAO!!!!!
laugh laugh laugh

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by renegade50
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Peckerheads like dippy above

Made jest at me when I was pumped up about seeing the movie "Alpha" about a yr or so ago.

Ancient man and wolf story.

Also got told by other peckerwoods on here .
I was supporting Hollywoods liberal agenda by going to a movie for the 1st time in well over 10 yrs since seeing the 1st " Incredibles " movie with the wife and 3 daughters when they was young.

LMFAO!!!!!
laugh laugh laugh

Great great movie!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It proves there were dogs and people 26000 years ago or at least a very long time ago.

Last edited by mtnsnake; 01/24/20.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
not saying its not possible hell i have a fox in my house, just saying you can't come to a conclusion from 26000 yr old tracks.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by sawbuck
If this were true, why haven't they found ancient dog food factories?

Of course I know you're joking, as the very notion of commercial dog food is only about a hundred years old. Prior to that, dogs just ate scraps from butchers (mainly bones), wild game processing scraps, and what was left of what folks prepared for themselves to eat (table and kitchen scraps), supplemented by whatever the dogs could catch in the yard.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Barcro-evolution.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
692 members (10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 257 roberts, 222Sako, 222ND, 16penny, 74 invisible), 2,765 guests, and 1,325 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,627
Posts18,398,735
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.