Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
solidly pro-life.

Trump first president to attend anti-abortion rally
By Ritu Prasad
BBC News, Washington DC
Donald Trump has become the first US president to attend America's largest annual anti-abortion rally.

He addressed thousands of protesters at the March for Life near the US Capitol where his impeachment trial is ongoing.

Mr Trump said: "We're here for a very simple reason: to defend the right of every child born and unborn to fullfil their God-given potential."

The annual demonstration first began in 1974 - a year after the US Supreme Court legalised abortion in Roe v Wade.

Until now no president had ever attended the march, which takes place just steps from the White House, though previous Republican presidents, including George W Bush and Ronald Reagan, have addressed the group remotely.

Mike Pence became the first sitting vice-president to attend the rally in 2017.

Mr Trump's appearance at the 47th March for Life delighted protesters.

Voters who support limiting abortion make up a key constituency for Mr Trump, who is seeking their support at the polls again in the 2020 election.

On Friday, marchers in Washington shouted "four more years" and "we love you".

On the streets surrounding the National Mall vendors selling Trump flags and Make America Great Again hats were aplenty. Many of the attendees sported pro-Trump merchandise, though for some, there was a distinction between liking the president and liking his anti-abortion stance.

One young woman, Julia, told the BBC: "I'm not necessarily pro-Trump, but I appreciate that the President of the United States is making the move to be here."

She added that she was unhappy at all the focus on Mr Trump as opposed to the issue.

"Until the day we can see Roe v Wade switched, [the movement] will continue, whether he's president in the next election or not."

Chuck Raymond, a financial advisor in St Louis, said: "Without a doubt, he is the most pro-life, pro-family, pro-religious freedom president we've ever had."

Julia (right) said abortion was a key issue for her in the 2020 election
Mr Trump's appearance on Friday has already made a difference for some voters.

Jose Sandoval, who drove nine hours from Knoxville, Tennessee, to participate in the march, said he did not vote for Mr Trump in 2016, but his attendance has changed Mr Sandoval's mind for 2020.

"I really appreciate what he's doing for us," he told the BBC. "It matters what he thinks about [abortion], and this changed my thinking about him."

Mother-daughter pair Marci and Jeanette Houle had a similar journey down to the capital - 10 hours in a bus from New Hampshire. Marci said they appreciated that the president was backing up his anti-abortion stance with his presence.

"We voted for Trump in the first place because he was the pro-life [anti-abortion] choice, that was our main concern. If his opponent [in 2020] is not pro-life, we're going to vote for Donald Trump."

In 2016, 81% of Evangelical voters - a group for whom abortion is the biggest political issue - backed Mr Trump for president. He has continued to court them as his re-election campaign ramps up.

March for Life president Jeanne Mancini said Mr Trump and his administration "have been consistent champions for life".

But pro-choice groups said his appearance was a distraction tactic.

Ilyse Hogue, the president of NARAL Pro-Choice America, said it was "a desperate attempt to divert attention from his criminal presidency and fire up his radical base".

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
GB1

E
ERK Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
E
If those people could think ahead a little and vote him in again I am guessing the Supreme Court would get another conservative judge. That’s what they need for Roe vs Wade. Think and Vote people. Ed k

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Pro-Life is my own #1 issue at the ballot box.

Dunno if this move will hurt him politically, compared to whoever the Democrats nominate it ain't like folks like me were NOT gonna vote for President Trump already.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
L
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
L
Pro-life and pro-gun and everything else comes far down the list.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Go President Trump--- MAGA

IC B2

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
The latest Government numbers of US abortions sense" 73" puts it at 61 million. Legal of course, tho so was the "Final Solution" in Germany.
Think a War was fought with these guys, no?
I must be part of the "radical base" the above knot head suggests.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
https://faithit.com/flash-light-mom...1mHENSnM0iA01FOoauSw9tiS9ebFSYkVJ5c4wCo0

WATCH: Brilliant ‘Flash of Light’ at Moment of Conception Proves Life Begins When Sperm Fertilizes Egg

Posted on May 1, 2019
Kelsey StraeterKelsey Straeter

flash of light
Tweet
Pin

While abortion advocates have long defended their ‘pro-choice’ stance by arguing that nobody knows the defining moment when life begins, a vivid scientific discovery is proving otherwise — in bright, living color.

In 2016, researchers at Northwestern University in Chicago were able to capture the miraculous moment that a sperm fertilizes an egg at the microscopic level.

Their discovery was nothing short of a breathtaking display of our Creator’s hand at work.

The video they released reveals what appears to be a fluorescent display of fireworks taking place at the moment of conception. The ‘flash of light’ is created when zinc is released and binds to tiny molecules that “emit a fluorescence,” only viewable by microscopes.

While the zinc spark was discovered in mice five years prior, it is an earth-shattering scientific breakthrough for researchers to witness the phenomenon in human fertilization.
Become A Contributor

“An explosion of tiny sparks erupts from the egg at the exact moment of conception,” the Telegraph reported. “Scientists had seen the phenomenon occur in other animals but it is the first time it has been also shown to happen in humans.”

“To see the zinc radiate out in a burst from each human egg was breathtaking,” recalled Dr. Teresa Woodruff, a Northwestern University professor. “It was remarkable.”

Life Site likened the spectacular display of light to God’s work of creation as described in Genesis:

“God’s active act of creation, as described in Genesis 1, begins with those familiar words ‘Let there be light.’”

Prayerfully, this breakthrough discovery brings our generation one step closer to seeing the beautiful ways in which the Bible and science coincide, rather than conflict. In the words of the great 19th-century scientist Matthew Maury:

Last edited by stxhunter; 01/24/20.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Raymond Arroyo's interview with Trump after his speech airs tonight on Laura Ingraham's show, 10:00 Eastern

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Pro-Life is my own #1 issue at the ballot box.

Dunno if this move will hurt him politically, compared to whoever the Democrats nominate it ain't like folks like me were NOT gonna vote for President Trump already.

Number one for me too.
Stopping mass murder of the helpless. Nothing is more important.
Trump is 1st ever to attend in person. God's grace be on him to defend innocent life.

Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
So, since 1973, we could have had another 61 million Democrats (and they probably would be Democrats). I'm not sure that would be a good thing. Interesting to know that a fertilized human egg floresces just like that of a mouse. Not sure what this says about either species. GD

IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Abortion and 2a my acid test for my vote. When my kids were teenagers I thought post natal abortion might be a good idea. lol

MOLON LABE
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by greydog
So, since 1973, we could have had another 61 million Democrats (and they probably would be Democrats). I'm not sure that would be a good thing. Interesting to know that a fertilized human egg floresces just like that of a mouse. Not sure what this says about either species. GD

i believe every living creature has a soul and some like dogs have a soul more pure than any human, they will love you unconditionally.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Originally Posted by stxhunter

i believe every living creature has a soul and some like dogs have a soul more pure than any human, they will love you unconditionally.

Little kids and dogs -- God's most loving, innocent, trusting, and forgiving creations.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by stxhunter

Could not agree more Roger.

LOL
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
I love this. Every time he does something like this, the Liberals' heads explode with anger. MAGA.....KAG

H
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
H

[/quote]

Little kids and dogs -- God's most loving, innocent, trusting, and forgiving creations.

Old dogs, little children, and watermelon wine....

"...why, land is the only thing in the world worth working for, worth fighting for, worth dying for,... because it is the only thing that lasts."
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Sucker said "God given". Unreal. Like maybe he believes in the preamble to our Constitution which so many Fire members dont? Cool.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Sucker said "God given". Unreal. Like maybe he believes in the preamble to our Constitution which so many Fire members dont? Cool.

No atheist is a true American.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

555 members (10gaugeman, 204guy, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 1eyedmule, 1beaver_shooter, 51 invisible), 3,135 guests, and 1,245 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,591
Posts18,454,335
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.