Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
RS308MX Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
A big bobcat or big coyote? If you had to go into hand to paw combat with one, which would you rather it be? No weapons, sticks, rocks or anything. Think fall of the year. No heavy clothing or gloves.

Last edited by RS308MX; 01/24/20.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
GB1

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Yote....

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
A coyote can use it's feet but it's claws are fairly blunt. A cat has scimitars on all 4 feet. You don't want him digging in.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Coyote

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yote no doubt

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'll just hit the Stunner and it's game over for kitty or doggy.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Ahhh, why.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Pretty unanimous on the coyote and I concur for the same reasons.
Les

Its not always easy to do the right thing, But it is always the right thing to do.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Coyote. Every time.

When I trapped bears for the USMC at Camp Lejeune we caught a bobcat in an Aldrich snare. Being 23 and full of dumbassery I volunteered to get him out of the snare. That cat gave me a lesson real quick on how NOT to try and get a 28 lb bobcat out of a snare.

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
When I was a young boy my grandfather found out I was setting traps for muskrats. His word of advise for trapping with leg hold traps were if I caught someones dog to throw a coat over it and then sit on it while releasing the trap. If I caught someones house cat his advise was to get a big stick and kill it because that then would tear you up if you tried to release it alive.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Them fo brothas that opened that suitcase would pick yote next time

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'd pick a 'yote, myself.

But, remember a couple years ago the gal from, I think, Georgia who killed a cat with her bare hands when it tried to fugg with one of her grandbabies ??

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Coyote. No question.

I used to run a trap line many years ago. Caught both coyote and bobcat. Learned quickly not to mess with bobcats.

"Successful is leaving something in better shape than you inherited it in. Keep that in mind, son." Dad
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by VaHunter
When I was a young boy my grandfather found out I was setting traps for muskrats. His word of advise for trapping with leg hold traps were if I caught someones dog to throw a coat over it and then sit on it while releasing the trap. If I caught someones house cat his advise was to get a big stick and kill it because that then would tear you up if you tried to release it alive.
I released several cats from foothold traps using the coat method without injury. Cats usually damage themselves badly enough fighting a foothold that it's hardly worth releasing them though. Dogs are often easy to release with very little damage to themselves other than a sore foot,

R
RS308MX Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by tankerjockey
Pretty unanimous on the coyote and I concur for the same reasons.
Les

Yeah, kinda figured it would go the way of the yote. That would be my choice too. I'd hate to have to mess with a pissed off bobcat.

Last edited by RS308MX; 01/24/20.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You don't get to mess with a pissed off bobby hand to paw. It's the other way around.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
I have heard that a big manx cat is capable of disemboweling a dog, if the dog makes the fatal mistake of pinning the upside down cat to the ground.

I sure as hell do not want to tangle with his bigger, badder, wilder cousin.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
Cats got more powerful jaws too? Shorter, but more powerful...

But is it really one on one?
Cats rant pack animals.

Yotes will team up on you....tho you might not see the other..
Something to consider....

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yote for sure.

Location Western NC,
after alot of other places
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
No question. Coyote. Ive seen both lynx and coyote and footholds. Cats will wreck you!

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
yote

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Gristle
Coyote. Every time.

When I trapped bears for the USMC at Camp Lejeune we caught a bobcat in an Aldrich snare. Being 23 and full of dumbassery I volunteered to get him out of the snare. That cat gave me a lesson real quick on how NOT to try and get a 28 lb bobcat out of a snare.

I seriously believe a 28 lb cat could kill an unarmed man if he was amind to.

β€œWhen Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Canine will typically try hard to get away, but a wounded or injured feline will spend their last breath trying to kill you!

America, Our Country and we’re taking it back.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Well, I’d rather tangle with a Cougar but...

smile

Hunt Africa while you can
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
A cat has 5 weapons whereas a coyote only has one.

οΏ½Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.οΏ½ οΏ½General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn LabΓ© SkΓ½la~
W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Young guy at our moose camp was dogging one day when he heard something shuffling through the woods near him. He waited and watched and eventually a Marten came out of the bush, dragging a leg-hold trap.

He managed to get up behind it and grab the trap. The Marten latched onto a tree instead of him. He even took a pic of it in the trap before he got the trap off. It was pretty week so didn’t turn around and shred him. Just wandered off into the bush.

I give him credit for having big stones. I think I’d have just shot it.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I’ll beat a yote’s @$$ holding a pissed off bobcat as a weapon.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ducksanddogs
I’ll beat a yote’s @$$ holding a pissed off bobcat as a weapon.

[Linked Image from ]

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Had the displeasure of helping a buddy llet a small bobcat out of a trap before they were legal to catch in Pa. We cut a notch in the bottom of a piece of plywood to get the body on one side and the foot and trap on the other. Worked great...... until kitty came up over the board looking for a fight.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, used up, worn out, bottle of Jim Beam in one hand and a .45 in the other, loudly proclaiming WOW-- What a Ride!"
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image from ]

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Kicked a bob cat to death but I was 50 years younger. I figure the Yote would be a piece cake after that.

Last edited by mtnsnake; 01/25/20.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by slumlord

I still laugh at that story....funniest damn thing you can read! LOL

~Molɔ̀ːn LabΓ© SkΓ½la~
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Neither! I wont mess with either, hell I got laughed at by Wife one night last early fall coming in at dark after walking down the mountain after a late bow hunt, I had forgot to turn the bill of my camo cap back around front and center, we have mountain lions here, slim to none chance of it ever happening, but, i'll not slip down a steep mountain road with the whole of my overhead vision blocked by the bill of a damn cap.

Trump Won!
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
coyote has teeth, a cat has those plus 4 sets of claws.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by stxhunter
coyote has teeth, a cat has those plus 4 sets of claws.

My take too, 150lbs of mountain pussy landing on your back with 20 hooks buried pad deep while he's pulling the top of your head off would mucho suck right damn now, ouch!

Trump Won!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by slumlord

LOL.....I'll tell this story again, and it's true. Happened back in the 1950 time period, and I knew the people that did this.

Two brothers hunted and trapped all the time, and caught a bobcat one day. They decided to take it alive, and put it in a cage they had. They did, and kept it fed with birds and small animals they shot. Eventually, they got tired of it, and decided to have some fun. They somehow got the cat in a large suitcase, poked a few holes for air, and put the suitcase out beside the highway. They hid and watched. A car full of Blacks was the first by, and they slammed on the brakes, backed up, one jumped out and grabbed the suitcase, threw in the backseat and took off. The 2 brothers got in their car and followed the car with the bobcat, to see what would happen. They caught up with the car a mile or so down the road..............it was sitting out in a field, all 4 doors open, the open suitcase in the backseat, and no one in sight.

I would love to have seen what happened when that suitcase was open.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
That is funny. Coyote is much less dangerous than a bobcat. I have let a couple of tom housecats out of traps it was scary. And I was lucky I didn't get cut up on one of them.
3 of us were driving deer one day and we ran bob cats past my buddy that was blocking. He shot at them and hit one of them with his 30-06. We decided to try and trail it. The older guy with us warned us and said he wasn't doing it it was a thicket. We spread out and started looking for it. He was on the blood and I was to the side a little watching for the cat while he looked for the blood. The wounded cat charged him and he started shooting his pump 06. It was growling and coming hard. That cat had 1 good front leg and the body was shot completley off behind the ribs just guts and strings dragging behind it. And it was still growling and dragging itself toward him with 1 front leg. It scared the hell out of us.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
F bare handed

We have the 2nd for many reasons, this one down the list a fair bit but still pertinent

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
Kicked a bob cat to death but I was 50 years younger. I figure the Yote would be a piece cake after that.

I’ve always treated you well haven’t I ?

😳

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When I started bear hunting in earnest this was some advice given to me on the subject

A good taxidermist can sew shut a lot of holes cheap.

A good Dr can sew a lot of holes shut too. But it ain’t cheap

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Some years ago, our cat was sitting on a window sill with my lab lying next to it on the floor. I was in the other rooms when all hell broke loose in the kitchen. The cat and dog were really mixing it up. Then I realized that somehow they'd both got tangled in the Venetian blind cord and were tied together. I grabbed a knife, grabbed the cat, and cut them apart. They ran in opposite directions. There was blood on the floor, on the window, on the wall, and all over me...and it was all mine. I was wearing shorts and in 3 seconds the cat had shredded my legs. It hurt.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
An oldie but a goodie.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
A no brainer, A canine just doesn’t have the agility or the offensive hardware available to the cat.

Psychologically the cat is on another level all together too. There is an old saying, if you woke up in the morning and you were just 2 inches tall your dog would still love you.... your cat would Eat you!

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
[Linked Image from encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com]

How about taking on a cougar in its natural habitat?

I am MAGA.
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
I know of at least three cases of people killing African leopards with their bare hands. In each case the human was badly mauled. In one case the man pushed his hand down the cat's throat and strangled it. In another, he pinned the cat to the ground and crushed its ribs. No thanks.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Quite a few years back I was at the Winnemucca airport talking with my buddy and a couple of other guys who were there to look at two .375 H&H rifles as I wanted to sell one, either the Mark X Mauser or push feed M70. Made no difference one was gonna go. While we sat talking I spotted a feral cat and one of the guys said that's the cat that's been killing to cottontail rabbits and the
FBO 's been trying to kill it for over a year. I took a shot it with IIRC the M&) and hit it too far back. That damned cat with its rear end completely gone and trailing internal parts actually did a charge. My next shot was at three feet finished the job. Two of the witnesses are still alive and every time I get back up that way we talk about that damned cat. He was huge and probably weighed over 20 pounds and none of that fat. One mean feline.
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Just shows you need a .458 to stop charging cats.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
[Linked Image from encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com]

How about taking on a cougar in its natural habitat?

It be a tough job, but I bet there will be many volunteers

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
F bare handed

We have the 2nd for many reasons, this one down the list a fair bit but still pertinent

sometimes that's all you have to make due with.

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
I live with a cougar. She’s pretty easy to live with, just don’t piss her off. As far as a bobcat or yote? I’ve killed a dog with my hands. And I’ve seen a guy that a bobcat hit during turkey season. He was calling, and the cat just came around the tree and lit into him. It left as soon as it realized he wasn’t a turkey, but he still got a ton of stitches. I will kill either one that comes at me, no question, but dear God I hope it’s a coyote.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I'd tangle with 2 coyotes before one bobcat.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I'd face the coyote, all day, every day.

Even a pissed off house cat will tear your azz up. Bobcat....oh hell no.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
"Just shoot up here amongst us- - - - - one of us gotta have some relief!"
Jerry Clower

LOL!
Jerry

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
I've trapped coyote and bobcat, but the meanest thing I've ever seen in a trap was a grey fox. I've never seen something so aggresive.

Last edited by mirage243; 01/25/20.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Coyote! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

β€œI’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
An oldie but a goodie.

That killed me!!!! Hahahaha

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
When running traps we used to tap foxes and coyotes on the head and then stand on their chest to dispatch them. For some reason it never occurred to us to do that with ANY cat, not even feral house cats. And, I mistakenly tried that with a badger, once.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
I know a guy who found what he thought was a feral cat hiding behind a toilet in the basement of a cabin in Price, UT years ago. He grabbed it with the intention of tossing it out the door. Turned out it was a bobcat. His arms were about shredded by the time he got that cat turned loose!

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Buddy caught a young bobcat in a coin trap years ago and with a set of welding gloves managed to get it into a hardshell suitcase which he left sitting in the parking lot of a rest area.
Pulled off 20-30 yards and watched a few black guys pull up and take it.
He said they almost made it back onto the highway when the car slammed on the brakes and everyone in the car bailed out running and hollering.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I have been attacked by a dog (German Shepherd) and a cat (Manx). I would rather take on a coyote any day for sure. Cats are some mean and fast mofos with ninja like skills...

Last edited by Ramdiesel; 01/25/20.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I guess I'll have to take the opposite view than most on here.

1) A coyote is stouter and more formidable than a bobcat. Bobcats are built kinda fragile compared to a coyote.

2) There's been several attacks and even some fatalities by coyotes. I don't know of any fatalities from bobcats.

3) Remember the guy a few months back that killed the half grown mountain lion with his bare hands? I'm sure someone has killed a coyote with bare hands, but I'm not familiar with any. I have seen plenty of pissed off, trapped coyotes or wounded coyotes that had lots of fight in them.

My shooting sticks still carry the marks of when I had to use them to pin a coyote to the ground to break up the fight between he and Buster, so I could shoot it point blank. That coyote bit the sticks and jerked them outta my hand.

Molɔ̀ːn LabΓ© SkΓ½la!
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

1) A coyote is stouter and more formidable than a bobcat. Bobcats are built kinda fragile compared to a coyote.

2) There's been several attacks and even some fatalities by coyotes. I don't know of any fatalities from bobcats.

3) Remember the guy a few months back that killed the half grown mountain lion with his bare hands? I'm sure someone has killed a coyote with bare hands, but I'm not familiar with any. I have seen plenty of pissed off, trapped coyotes or wounded coyotes that had lots of fight in them.

My shooting sticks still carry the marks of when I had to use them to pin a coyote to the ground to break up the fight between he and Buster, so I could shoot it point blank. That coyote bit the sticks and jerked them outta my hand.
I'd take the same stance. I've run coyotes and bobcats with hounds. If a good cat hound catches a cat on the ground it's often over for the cat real quick. An experienced hound will often grab a cat right up, shake the shyt out of it and kill it almost instantly. On the other hand a coyote is no pushover, often bites a dog up good and occasionally kills a dog. Cats are pansies in comparison.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Blackheart

I'd take the same stance. I've run coyotes and bobcats with hounds. If a good cat hound catches a cat on the ground it's often over for the cat real quick. An experienced hound will often grab a cat right up, shake the shyt out of it and it's dead almost instantly. On the other hand a coyote is no pushover, often bites the dog all up good and occasionally kills the dog. Cats are pansies in comparison.
that's a hound, do you think you could grab that cat and shake it to death as easily? i've had to take on a pit bull, and i'd rather that, than a pissed off cat.

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Originally Posted by Blackheart

I'd take the same stance. I've run coyotes and bobcats with hounds. If a good cat hound catches a cat on the ground it's often over for the cat real quick. An experienced hound will often grab a cat right up, shake the shyt out of it and it's dead almost instantly. On the other hand a coyote is no pushover, often bites the dog all up good and occasionally kills the dog. Cats are pansies in comparison.
that's a hound, do you think you could grab that cat and shake it to death as easily? i've had to take on a pit bull, and i'd rather that, than a pissed off cat.
I don't want to tangle with any of them bare handed if I can help it. I've been bit enough times by dogs and raccoons to know it ain't much fun.. My first wife had a huge old Tom cat that I absolutely hated and it hated me right back. That fugger was ill tempered and mean as hell. It also hated my dogs. One day I came into the house with my best rabbit hound {beagle} and that damned cat jumped off the refrigerator right onto his head and commenced to biting the shyt out of him. Without even thinking I grabbed that cat by the scruff of it's neck, jerked it loose from my dog and threw it against the refrigerator as hard as I could.. Never saw any cat that got dead any quicker than that one did. A little off topic maybe but it seemed like a good time to tell the story of the demise of the meanest Tom cat I ever knew.

R
RS308MX Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Great stories guys, thanks!

W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Hence the saying; β€œYou’d rather sandpaper a wildcat’s azz......”

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
Or...."You'd rather stuff butter up a wildcat's butt with a hot poker than mess with me"

β€œWhen Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Rather skin a gorilla in a phone booth, with a rusty pair of nail clippers.

Some mornings, it just does not feel worth it to chew through the straps!~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Here’s where the govt is missin the boat.

If they’d put on pay per view tax cheats having to fight a coyote or bobcat, contestants choice, we’d have that damn debt paid down in no time

Any o you lads chummy w Trump can forward this on to him

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Man Strangles Coyote to death.

A man in Kensington, New Hampshire, strangled a coyote to death after it attacked his two-year-old son, ending a series of attacks on Monday.

AIan O’Reilly was hiking with his family when he saw a coyote approach in his periphery and go after his son. The coyote grabbed the boy by his clothing, dragging him to the ground, O’Reilly said in an interview with Boston 25 News. The boy’s mother acted quickly and was able to separate the coyote from her son. Luckily, the boy managed to escape without being bitten.

O’Reilly rushed to get between the coyote and his family. He absorbed several aggressive attacks and received bites to the arm and chest. When he realized the animal wasn’t going to leave, he kicked it in the jaw and pinned it to the ground. He was able to grab the coyote’s snout with one hand and place his other on its windpipe. After a nearly 10-minute struggle, O’Reilly killed the animal.

https://www.themeateater.com/hunt/coyote/man-strangles-coyote-to-death-in-new-hampshire

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Do coyotes that don't have rabies attack people?

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by IndyCA35

Sure they do.

Coyotes are omnivores, and kill a good portion of what they eat.

If they perceive a human as weak or "killable", or the odds or numbers favor the coyote, they won't hesitate.

Young children are usually the targets.

Molɔ̀ːn LabΓ© SkΓ½la!
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I

Sure they do.

If they perceive a human as weak or "killable", or the odds or numbers favor the coyote, they won't hesitate.

I could see that but in the case posted by StoneCutter the coyote seemed to fight with an adult protecting the youngster for about 10 minutes.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D

I won’t be tangling with either.
My brother shot a a β€œcalled in” coyote a few years back. He walked out to pick it up, and it was not dead and it charged him in close quarters. He stuck out his gun barrel to fend off the coyote. The coyote latched on to the barrel and he had a tough time pulling the barrel from the coyote. But he did get the barrel back and shot the coyote again at point blank range.
That gun barrel has very visible teeth marks on it.

NRA Patron
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

Sure they do.

I could see that but in the case posted by StoneCutter the coyote seemed to fight with an adult protecting the youngster for about 10 minutes.

If you click the link, it says the same coyote attacked 3 people the same day. It probably had rabies..

Molɔ̀ːn LabΓ© SkΓ½la!
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

544 members (01Foreman400, 12344mag, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 1234, 60 invisible), 2,382 guests, and 1,221 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,661
Posts18,455,712
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.