Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by longshot3
150 rounds through mine without any issues. Guess I got a good one!

Congrats longshot, please keep us posted. smile

Trump Won!
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by blairvt
Originally Posted by TNrifleman
Well, the new Python is being manufactured for Colt by Charter Arms. I guess 1400 dollars doesn't go as far as it used to.

made by Charter Arms? I didn't know that

It's a joke.

I thought it was a good one too

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Waders
For whatever it's worth, the Colt rep at Shot Show is making videos, saying it's all good. No problems. Just a few guns. Nothing to worry about.

But, as he's saying it's all good (or that it's the ammo's fault), another guy at shot show experiences a problem after 7 shots with the demo Python--the cylinder won't rotate:
https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2020/01/20/shot-2020-tfb-industry-day-at-the-range-colt-python/

I'm not trying to bash Colt, but I think there's a problem they need to address.

Yeah, if their approach is to deny it's a problem, that's going to be a problem.

It's the Glock approach...Glock has never once admitted there was ever a problem with a Glock. Yet look at the Gen 1 & 2's; they were a mess.

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Originally Posted by blairvt
Originally Posted by TNrifleman
Well, the new Python is being manufactured for Colt by Charter Arms. I guess 1400 dollars doesn't go as far as it used to.

made by Charter Arms? I didn't know that

It's a joke.

If it was made by Charter Arms there probably would be less problems with it.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
what is your source for the charter arms made python?

IC B2

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
I'll be happy with my older ones that work just fine. Good advice to the folks get the bugs worked out before spending big $$$ for a new version.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I'm willing to cut Colt some slack...A new Python is a seriously ballsey move these days. Just remember what Colt is doing...

They got OUT of the revolver market. All the old revolver guys retired. And then Colt decided to get back into the revolver market. So they're "growing them all new" in regards to their revolver people.

They don't REALLY make revolvers (their numbers are LOW), and they decided to tackle the finest US made DA revolver ever! Talk about jumping into the deep end; Good LAWD!! I'd say Colt's engineers have some HUGE cajone's.

I'm feeling kinda confident Colt will get this all worked out.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by GunGeek
I'm willing to cut Colt some slack...A new Python is a seriously ballsey move these days. Just remember what Colt is doing...

They got OUT of the revolver market. All the old revolver guys retired. And then Colt decided to get back into the revolver market. So they're "growing them all new" in regards to their revolver people.

They don't REALLY make revolvers (their numbers are LOW), and they decided to tackle the finest US made DA revolver ever! Talk about jumping into the deep end; Good LAWD!! I'd say Colt's engineers have some HUGE cajone's.

I'm feeling kinda confident Colt will get this all worked out.

First of all, I'm guessing that the majority wouldn't say the Python is the finest US made DA revolver ever. Secondly, it's a PINO. From everything I've read, more of a King Cobra mocked up to look like a Python. Thirdly, Colt has done nothing but fail as of late, so why would you be confident they'll get any of it worked out. Once again, it reminds me of a Taurus Judge. A good concept but much better if the end result actually worked.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Hey, it's a new era. S&W hs their share of f uck ups too. I mean that whole barrel misalignment issue was a real fiasco and the new ones with the un-pinned barrel and non-recessed chambers, well....

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

582 members (10ring1, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 1234, 1Longbow, 70 invisible), 2,487 guests, and 1,132 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,315
Posts18,468,381
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.