Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Very much worth the extra few bucks for the factory NS AmeriGlo.

Please God, give me some good tags this year....
GB1

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Jesse Jaymes
Very much worth the extra few bucks for the factory NS AmeriGlo.

I thought so, too. I've researched them, and they are very similar to the Trijicon HD.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by FreeMe
I just recently got to handle a 43x and a 48. If they bring one of these out with RM R ready slide, I may just have to finally become a Glockster. 15 rounds...13 rounds...I don't care.

WTF?.....it's a 1" wide, compact carry pistol

Yeah, it would never occur to me to put an electronic sight on one of these.

Yeah, what the hell was I thinking?

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
I just recently got to handle a 43x and a 48. If they bring one of these out with RM R ready slide, I may just have to finally become a Glockster. 15 rounds...13 rounds...I don't care.

Just because it wouldn't occur to me, doesn't mean it's a criticism of you. Go for it. The one made for the P365 would likely work.

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Apparently, Shield Arms also produces a +5 base for this magazine, making it a 20 rounder.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If I wanted a 43X or a 48, I would buy it and use it as a 10+1 round gun. I wouldn't buy it because somebody made an aftermarket magazine that required swapping a gun part with one that is incompatible with Glock magazines. I just don't get it. Unless there is some reason related to law, policy or special circumstances, it appears to me to be trying too hard to meet a goal already fulfilled by other guns right out of the box. But, it's your money, so enjoy.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
New Magazine A Game Changer For The Glock 43X and 48

Ummmmm, no. Still the same guns.

MM

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
New Magazine A Game Changer For The Glock 43X and 48

Ummmmm, no. Still the same guns.

MM

That's pretty much my thoughts on it. A Glock is a mediocre pistol wrapped around what has evolved into a quality magazine. Take away the magazine and...

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Just because it wouldn't occur to me, doesn't mean it's a criticism of you. Go for it. The one made for the P365 would likely work.

laugh I didn't take it as criticism. I thought it was sarcasm, because I assumed you were aware of this...

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/g...-9mm-pistol-plus-new-romeo-zero-red-dot/

I don't care how many rounds the 43x and 48 hold. Glock finally got the grip perfect for me (I have special needs). I have yet to get my hands on a 365xl, but the Hellcat doesn't work for me. I have decided that with my aging eyes, I'm not about to buy another carry pistol without MOS. If/when they set up a 43x with that, I'll get serious about it.....unless I already have the Sig. wink

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I have yet to get my hands on a 365xl, but the Hellcat doesn't work for me. I have decided that with my aging eyes, I'm not about to buy another carry pistol without MOS. If/when they set up a 43x with that, I'll get serious about it.....unless I already have the Sig. wink

FYI, the word is out that Holosun is about to introduce a 407K and 507K models which are supposed to fit the P365 XL cutout. They are scaled down versions of the Holosun 507C, which got a "pass" from the Sage Dynamics RDS guru. I'm keeping my fingers crossed on that one. Sage Dynamics Holosun 507C review.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
If I wanted a 43X or a 48, I would buy it and use it as a 10+1 round gun. I wouldn't buy it because somebody made an aftermarket magazine that required swapping a gun part with one that is incompatible with Glock magazines. I just don't get it. Unless there is some reason related to law, policy or special circumstances, it appears to me to be trying too hard to meet a goal already fulfilled by other guns right out of the box. But, it's your money, so enjoy.

Gaston's design intuition got very constipated over the years. Why not just admit that glocks designs now leave a bit to be desired and buy a P365 or even a Springfield Hellcat? Amazing even Springfield comes out with a micro pistol that holds more than the 43 or 48. The 48 was something people asked for 10 years ago, just not a big deal at this time!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jimmyp

Gaston's design intuition got very constipated over the years. Why not just admit that glocks designs now leave a bit to be desired and buy a P365 or even a Springfield Hellcat? Amazing even Springfield comes out with a micro pistol that holds more than the 43 or 48. The 48 was something people asked for 10 years ago, just not a big deal at this time!

Idunno...maybe because the Hellcat grip is blocky and unsecure, and the G48 grip isn't?

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
All the innovation is good, but in the subcompact category, I'd rather just take a G26.

The short butt easy to conceal. You can simply stuff a 15rd G19 magazine in it if situation dictates.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I have yet to get my hands on a 365xl, but the Hellcat doesn't work for me. I have decided that with my aging eyes, I'm not about to buy another carry pistol without MOS. If/when they set up a 43x with that, I'll get serious about it.....unless I already have the Sig. wink

FYI, the word is out that Holosun is about to introduce a 407K and 507K models which are supposed to fit the P365 XL cutout. They are scaled down versions of the Holosun 507C, which got a "pass" from the Sage Dynamics RDS guru. I'm keeping my fingers crossed on that one. Sage Dynamics Holosun 507C review.

Thanks for that link, Cheyenne!

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
All the innovation is good, but in the subcompact category, I'd rather just take a G26.

The short butt easy to conceal. You can simply stuff a 15rd G19 magazine in it if situation dictates.

This is true. It would be hard abandoning my 26 for the 43X I have on order. We'll see, though.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I agree there are pro's and cons to everything you buy, but how it feels is low on my list. The 26, 19, 17 all shoot fine for me and seem to absorb any 9mm recoil very well. Glock just does not seem to push the edge of the envelope much these days.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jimmyp
I agree there are pro's and cons to everything you buy, but how it feels is low on my list. The 26, 19, 17 all shoot fine for me and seem to absorb any 9mm recoil very well. Glock just does not seem to push the edge of the envelope much these days.

I agree. Otherwise, they'd be making more optics ready slides.

BTW, "feel" is not the same issue as "fit". Glock may not be cutting edge now, but I give them points for allowing more options in fit.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I am not a glock hater as I have a few of them, my friend and I went to the range yesterday he had just bought a glock 43x, after shooting my P365 side by side, he took the 43X up to the gun sales counter and sold it for a huge loss and bought a new Sig. Anyone who really shoots these guns will tell you the sig trigger just makes the sig gun much easier to hit with. Now I have a G17 that I can shoot better but its had a lot of stuff done to the trigger, springs, connector etc. Let's face it in a small gun like the 43X a 5 pound trigger that breaks and then slams into the frame is likely going to throw your shot off,especially if your not an expert shot anyway. It is work to make a good shot with a small glock, I had a 43 and shot two classes with it however what was hard with the 43 is easy with a p365. I am however going to look at the new gen5 34 again not a hater just a practical common sense realist.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
My Shield Arms mags will be here Tuesday for my G48. I've already replaced the mag release. Will let you know if they are the real deal.

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Lee_Woiteshek
My Shield Arms mags will be here Tuesday for my G48. I've already replaced the mag release. Will let you know if they are the real deal.

Cool. Run them through the wringer for us.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (12344mag, 160user, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 70 invisible), 2,424 guests, and 1,204 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,543
Posts18,453,263
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.