Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
An explosion does not result in life or balance or programmed order. Even if you were brainwashed into believing that crap as a child in school, like dimocraps were brainwashed into believing Rs bad, Ds good.

It's purely anti- scientific. Science proves the exact opposite. See of you can disprove science.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
BP-B2

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Chuck should publish his thesis for peer review...oh, that's right, he's an evangelist spruiking faith, not an astrophysist.

A community service provided for the sake of balance. smile

Last edited by DBT; 01/25/20.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image from upload.wikimedia.org]

So it's like string theory, when you run up against infinities just throw in another dimension. So what are we up to now, 11 dimensions?

"Measure, time and number are nothing but modes of thought or rather of imagination. - Spinoza

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
String theory is not the final word, it's not even the only proposition in town. Astrogenesis is a work in progress.

Unlike Faith, nobody is claiming to have the last word or the final answer.

The universe may be cyclic or a part of a greater system, etc, so regardless of religious claims, Hinduism, Judaism, Islam, Christianity, New Age or whatever, the fact is that nobody knows.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Well, yes, and the 5th dimensional me is a very orderly person and because of the principle of the Conservation of Disorder the this dimensional me is very disorderly. Why can't my woman understand this?

IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

Last edited by cooper57m; 01/25/20.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DBT
String theory is not the final word, it's not even the only proposition in town. Astrogenesis is a work in progress.

The universe may be cyclic or a part of a greater system, etc, so regardless of religious claims, Hinduism, Judaism, Islam, Christianity, New Age or whatever, the fact is that nobody knows.

You obviously don't understand the word "faith". You use it all the time and don't seem to realize it. Just like the child and dog tracks in another thread, what can't be tested is accepted by faith.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by DBT

You obviously don't understand the word "faith". You use it all the time and don't seem to realize it. Just like the child and dog tracks in another thread, what can't be tested is accepted by faith.

You assume that it's me who doesnt understand faith. You are wrong. You base your assumption on faith.

Faith is often used as a blanket term, sometimes referring to trust or reliance or good will, done in 'good faith' etc, etc. But the essential meaning of faith in religion is a belief held without the support of evidence.

You can find it in the dictionary. It's nothing controversial.

Religions are systems of belief held on the basis of faith, the Hindu faith, the Christian faith, Islam and so on...all being faith based religions.

Now, you probably don't like this, but it's just how it is. If you aren't sure, check your dictionary.

Last edited by DBT; 01/25/20.
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by DBT

As for the dog and child tracks, if they exist anyone who cares to can verify their existence. The problems arise when people start making assumptions about about them that is not supported by the evidence.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
This is the dawning of the age of Aquarius...let the sunshine in

5th Dimension

Now that song is stuck in my head....crap!

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
IC B3

V
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
V
"what can't be tested is accepted by faith."

No it isn't. You're talking about yourself.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Dess
This is the dawning of the age of Aquarius...let the sunshine in

5th Dimension

Now that song is stuck in my head....crap!

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Not sure abôut the 5th....

But “Close encounters of the 4th kind ” scared the chit outta me when that dude shot up outta the bed and hovered.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Which dimension is the twilight zone? I'm staying the hell out of that one.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well one thing I have noticed and you may have also observed is that as the belief in a faith has fall the violence in the world has exponential increased. Would like for you to explain that. Have a good day. Cheers NC

don't judge until you have walked a mile in other persons' moccasins'
SUM QUOD SUM........HOMINEM TE ESSE MEMENTO
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
OP: whatever you are trying to prove has nothing to do with the video you posted, which is simply a summary of relativity principles which have been accepted by science for 100 years or so.

I suspect what you're trying to get to is, "you can't have creation without God because the universe becomes more disordered, not ordered," or words to that effect. (Layman's description of the 2nd law of thermodynamics.) If so, you didn't quite get there.

Here's where you're wrong.

While any process creates more disorder as a whole, you can create more order in a localized process provided disorder is created externally.

If that were not possible, it would be impossible to make steel our of iron ore.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
I should also note that nothing in the video talked about any 5th dimension. Perhaps you made that up.

As for string theory and 11 dimensions, of which 4 survive, the theory explains certain things we observe in the universe but not others, and is not universally accepted.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by northcountry
Well one thing I have noticed and you may have also observed is that as the belief in a faith has fall the violence in the world has exponential increased. Would like for you to explain that. Have a good day. Cheers NC

You think Americans were more faithful from 1861 to 1865??

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
I should also note that nothing in the video talked about any 5th dimension. Perhaps you made that up.

As for string theory and 11 dimensions, of which 4 survive, the theory explains certain things we observe in the universe but not others, and is not universally accepted.

The point of mentioning string theory was the video started to talk about "hyperdimensions." Very new age. Dimensions beyond the ones we observe directly are hypothetical simply because we cannot observe them. You can mold extra dimensions into whatever you want. That happened (for better or worse, I don't know) with string theory. Equations were pumping out infinity which is obviously a wrong answer. Add another dimension and infinities go away. So if the equations tested at the margins start throwing out infinities maybe we'll get another dimension. (Is it the tenth that's supposed to be complete in Planck space?) Since it's all hypothetical why not?

You get these conundrums when you try to conflate Science and Theology.

Which explains a lot.
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
At the quantum level, metal is a liquid, if your a rock. Its all frame of reference.

What happens in the physical world and human's perception to define it (control it) are different things and perhaps will never conjoin. Exemplified by the example of fuzzy sets (and their role in AI and neural nets) vs. Bertrand Russells "hard" set theory. None the less, the usefulness of any model is the isolation (linerizations) of certain parts to illuminate and inquire into some of the other workings.

Good examples in the area of the manifolds of differential geometry and Topology (not the map kind). Moebis strips, Klein bottles, the infinite square shown earlier, folding a doughnut into a coffee cup. However these only give a "picture" and higher manifolds are very difficult (4 and up) to visualize. In any case they do not describe the process. At what point does chaos return to order or vice versa? Generally anything over 5 orders is considered (Thoms theory) catastrophe. The field of Bifurcation theory deals with this area. A new area that has grown out of this is fractional derivatives. Looking at the fractal levels hidden in between what was previous considered as modern thinking.

good example is the arguments seen here in the hunting sections. . Is kinetic energy the big deal or is it momentum? Momentum cannot exist without kinetic energy, it is the first derivative if kinetic energy.
what would the analysis look like if we looked at the the 1/2 or 7/8 first derivative using very small samples of time?

Faith--- hmm oh your talking about game theoretic modeling.

Most people don't have what it takes to get old
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
571 members (219 Wasp, 007FJ, 160user, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 55 invisible), 2,360 guests, and 1,098 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,597
Posts18,398,204
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.