yote

GB1

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Gristle
Coyote. Every time.

When I trapped bears for the USMC at Camp Lejeune we caught a bobcat in an Aldrich snare. Being 23 and full of dumbassery I volunteered to get him out of the snare. That cat gave me a lesson real quick on how NOT to try and get a 28 lb bobcat out of a snare.

I seriously believe a 28 lb cat could kill an unarmed man if he was amind to.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Canine will typically try hard to get away, but a wounded or injured feline will spend their last breath trying to kill you!

America, Our Country and we’re taking it back.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Well, I’d rather tangle with a Cougar but...

smile

Hunt Africa while you can
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
A cat has 5 weapons whereas a coyote only has one.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Young guy at our moose camp was dogging one day when he heard something shuffling through the woods near him. He waited and watched and eventually a Marten came out of the bush, dragging a leg-hold trap.

He managed to get up behind it and grab the trap. The Marten latched onto a tree instead of him. He even took a pic of it in the trap before he got the trap off. It was pretty week so didn’t turn around and shred him. Just wandered off into the bush.

I give him credit for having big stones. I think I’d have just shot it.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I’ll beat a yote’s @$$ holding a pissed off bobcat as a weapon.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ducksanddogs
I’ll beat a yote’s @$$ holding a pissed off bobcat as a weapon.

[Linked Image from ]

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Had the displeasure of helping a buddy llet a small bobcat out of a trap before they were legal to catch in Pa. We cut a notch in the bottom of a piece of plywood to get the body on one side and the foot and trap on the other. Worked great...... until kitty came up over the board looking for a fight.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, used up, worn out, bottle of Jim Beam in one hand and a .45 in the other, loudly proclaiming WOW-- What a Ride!"
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image from ]

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Kicked a bob cat to death but I was 50 years younger. I figure the Yote would be a piece cake after that.

Last edited by mtnsnake; 01/25/20.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by slumlord
Them fo brothas that opened that suitcase would pick yote next time

I still laugh at that story....funniest damn thing you can read! LOL

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Neither! I wont mess with either, hell I got laughed at by Wife one night last early fall coming in at dark after walking down the mountain after a late bow hunt, I had forgot to turn the bill of my camo cap back around front and center, we have mountain lions here, slim to none chance of it ever happening, but, i'll not slip down a steep mountain road with the whole of my overhead vision blocked by the bill of a damn cap.

Trump Won!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
coyote has teeth, a cat has those plus 4 sets of claws.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by stxhunter
coyote has teeth, a cat has those plus 4 sets of claws.

My take too, 150lbs of mountain pussy landing on your back with 20 hooks buried pad deep while he's pulling the top of your head off would mucho suck right damn now, ouch!

Trump Won!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by slumlord
Them fo brothas that opened that suitcase would pick yote next time

LOL.....I'll tell this story again, and it's true. Happened back in the 1950 time period, and I knew the people that did this.

Two brothers hunted and trapped all the time, and caught a bobcat one day. They decided to take it alive, and put it in a cage they had. They did, and kept it fed with birds and small animals they shot. Eventually, they got tired of it, and decided to have some fun. They somehow got the cat in a large suitcase, poked a few holes for air, and put the suitcase out beside the highway. They hid and watched. A car full of Blacks was the first by, and they slammed on the brakes, backed up, one jumped out and grabbed the suitcase, threw in the backseat and took off. The 2 brothers got in their car and followed the car with the bobcat, to see what would happen. They caught up with the car a mile or so down the road..............it was sitting out in a field, all 4 doors open, the open suitcase in the backseat, and no one in sight.

I would love to have seen what happened when that suitcase was open.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
That is funny. Coyote is much less dangerous than a bobcat. I have let a couple of tom housecats out of traps it was scary. And I was lucky I didn't get cut up on one of them.
3 of us were driving deer one day and we ran bob cats past my buddy that was blocking. He shot at them and hit one of them with his 30-06. We decided to try and trail it. The older guy with us warned us and said he wasn't doing it it was a thicket. We spread out and started looking for it. He was on the blood and I was to the side a little watching for the cat while he looked for the blood. The wounded cat charged him and he started shooting his pump 06. It was growling and coming hard. That cat had 1 good front leg and the body was shot completley off behind the ribs just guts and strings dragging behind it. And it was still growling and dragging itself toward him with 1 front leg. It scared the hell out of us.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
F bare handed

We have the 2nd for many reasons, this one down the list a fair bit but still pertinent

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
Kicked a bob cat to death but I was 50 years younger. I figure the Yote would be a piece cake after that.

I’ve always treated you well haven’t I ?

😳

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When I started bear hunting in earnest this was some advice given to me on the subject

A good taxidermist can sew shut a lot of holes cheap.

A good Dr can sew a lot of holes shut too. But it ain’t cheap

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

569 members (1lessdog, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 1lesfox, 160user, 1Longbow, 53 invisible), 2,630 guests, and 1,239 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,362
Posts18,469,005
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.