24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Every state has one. With enough complacency, they get big enough to turn the political mass.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RipSnort
There is only one reason to go to Asheville, NC and that is Biltmore. Other than that, I would avoid the town.

RS

Don't forget the Grove Park Inn. Best sunset view in the Blue Ridge Mountains from their terrance.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea
There is only one reason to go to Asheville, NC and that is Biltmore. Other than that, I would avoid the town. And if you do go to see Biltmore (which I highly recommend), stay on the property. It appeared to my wife and me that Asheville is heavily populated with people who, in an earlier age, would have been the unfortunate residents of an insane asylum.

RS

Prefer the MC dealership.
Normal people there. The Biltmore is less discriminating...

"MC dealership" ???

RS

Two wheels, throttle in your right hand, fun on the blue ridge when there is no traffic.

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Asheville has been called "The San Francisco of the South" and this is the reason why.
I went in to town today, this is a typical Asheville resident.

You really should keep a stash of 'Trump 2020' stickers handy.

Carpe' Scrotum
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by hatari
There is only one reason to go to Asheville, NC and that is Biltmore. Other than that, I would avoid the town.

RS

Don't forget the Grove Park Inn. Best sunset view in the Blue Ridge Mountains from their terrance.

You are correct. One of the best places to stay in the South. And has been for many years.

RS

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I had rather be beaten than go to Asheville. The same for Charlotte.

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Well boys ,I got fed up in 1978 and moved the hell out of Hendersonville ...Cody ,Wyo...for 8 years and Canon City ,Co. for retirement..Best weather in the US...Sorry ? Not hardly,,life has been immensely better in the west...Couple of visits and I wonder why anyone would move there ! Traffic and lib freaks everywhere and laws out the butt.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
There is only one reason to go to Asheville, NC and that is Biltmore. Other than that, I would avoid the town. And if you do go to see Biltmore (which I highly recommend), stay on the property. It appeared to my wife and me that Asheville is heavily populated with people who, in an earlier age, would have been the unfortunate residents of an insane asylum.

RS

I enjoyed Biltmore, amazing place. Other than that, have just passed through Asheville.

K
K22 Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
K
It's the child trafficking route and hub for the East Coast.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by hillbillybear
I had rather be beaten than go to Asheville. The same for Charlotte.

Asheville,Charlotte and Chapel Hill. NC sure has a bunch of libtard cities. Highway 485 bypass was the greatest thing ever done in Charlotte.

IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
I am the OP. I don't live in Asheville, I live 30 miles to the west, and here is the view from my living room.

And here is my living room.

I do like to go in to Asheville, we have a great Indian restaurant down there. Yesterday my brother and I went to the YMCA, great gym we work out there for free, plus get to watch young gals in yoga pants work out on the stair step machine. Fascinating, the yoga pants of Asheville.
Also there is a good Home Depot here in Asheville. Also a Lowes.

Here is another Asheville bumper sticker. I took this pic last summer. I must say it is a little weird, to have a sign on your car where you call your own kid an [bleep], but that is Asheville.

We are headed down to the Indian restaurant for lunch today. The Mela restaurant is on Lexington Avenue. This is right in the middle of the freak district, all the tattoos, Lesbos in Love couples, nose rings etc. This is why I don't have a MAGA sticker on my pickup.
I guarantee, if I parked on Lexington Avenue for an hour, with a MAGA sticker, when I got back from lunch someone would have thrown a brick through my windshield.
Come to think of it I will take my camera to lunch and scout out for some more interesting bumper stickers.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
If you will scroll to the Asheville area on the map in this link, you can see just how Liberal Asheville is. I live in Hickory to the east. Asheville and the Indian Reservation are the Liberal ares in Western NC.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive...g-precinct-maps.html#8.00/35.829/-82.190

Last edited by SavvyJack; 01/25/20.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I lived in Asheville during my high school years , mid to late '70s. The freakshow ruination of the area had started even then.

I'd like to move back to the mountains of North Carolina but it wouldn't be Asheville/Buncombe County.

Maybe Madison or Yancey County.

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
K
K22 Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
K
I'm about 2 hrs. West of Asheville in Cherokee Co.
I used to do a lot of work in and around Asheville. Never had any issues with anyone, but lots of New Agers loose.
You do stand a chance of being bitch slapped sometimes.

K
K22 Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
K
Some of my views in the area.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SavvyJack
If you will scroll to the Asheville area on the map in this link, you can see just how Liberal Asheville is. I live in Hickory to the east. Asheville and the Indian Reservation are the Liberal ares in Western NC.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive...g-precinct-maps.html#8.00/35.829/-82.190

I used to live in Hickory too.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
One other good thing Asheville has going for it is the Spanish tapas restaurant Curate on Biltmore Ave. One of the best restaurants that we have enjoyed in several years. Make reservations and try to ignore the wastes of skin that might be littering the sidewalk.

RS

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My wife did her medical residency there years ago. She had been raised on a farm in the Piedmont area of NC... After a few weeks of interacting with the other residents in the program she asked a friend of hers "if most other women were lesbians and that she had just never noticed that before..." Her friend told her that "no, that was not the case but that Asheville was known as a lesbian destination location so they flocked there in mass...".

Please don't feed the trolls!
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
We visit there occasionally for the beer scene. Don't want to live there although the scenery is beautiful.

lightman
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
I am the OP. I don't live in Asheville, I live 30 miles to the west, and here is the view from my living room.

And here is my living room.

I do like to go in to Asheville, we have a great Indian restaurant down there. Yesterday my brother and I went to the YMCA, great gym we work out there for free, plus get to watch young gals in yoga pants work out on the stair step machine. Fascinating, the yoga pants of Asheville.
Also there is a good Home Depot here in Asheville. Also a Lowes.

We are headed down to the Indian restaurant for lunch today. The Mela restaurant is on Lexington Avenue. This is right in the middle of the freak district, all the tattoos, Lesbos in Love couples, nose rings etc. This is why I don't have a MAGA sticker on my pickup.
I guarantee, if I parked on Lexington Avenue for an hour, with a MAGA sticker, when I got back from lunch someone would have thrown a brick through my windshield.
Come to think of it I will take my camera to lunch and scout out for some more interesting bumper stickers.

Sounds to me like you really love Asheville.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
666 members (1lessdog, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 10ring1, 74 invisible), 2,756 guests, and 1,299 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,644
Posts18,399,051
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.