J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by jwp475
Originally Posted by UPhiker
Originally Posted by gunner500

So it is a hand grip/strength issue? the only handgun that tried to kick loose in my hands in my FA 454 with hellbender loads, I had to send the damn thing back to FA, the grips started to splinter off at the grip frame.
Maybe everyone isn't as "manly" as you. I've heard you and others brag about how big you are. Maybe you should give some consideration to those with smaller physiques or more age.
My son was shooting full power 475 Linbaugh loads when he was 11 years old. Unless one has some physical handicap they should easily be able to handle and shoot any service pistol in any service cartridge. This doesnt take a he man

Where did anyone here say they couldn't shoot it? I can shoot a Glock 22 all day. The issue is the amount of concentration required to keep a 100% locked up two-handed grip from round to round during fast stings of fire. With one, a higher degree of attention to it is required than for the other. Whether you know it or not, you are exerting x-degree of effort to maintain a locked up two-handed grip whether you're shooting 9mm or .40 S&W. You've just been doing it so long that you may be unaware of it (it's become second nature for you to exert said effort). The laws of physiques dictates that a harder kicking handgun will require more effort in that regard than a lighter kicking handgun. No one said "can't." That's your addition to this conversation, because you're a .40 S&W fanboy, and can't stand to hear anything but praise for it.

I use the same amount of pressure on all including 22LR. My grip pressure doesn't change

If you use varying degrees of pressure or concentrati
n then your approach is flawed

Last edited by jwp475; 01/26/20.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Watch Hickok45 (a large man with decades of experience shooting Glocks in all calibers) starting at the 2:40 mark. Every time you see his support hand re-adjust, what you're witnessing is the fact that, under recoil, during strings of fire, his support hand has slipped off of its ideal position, and the support grip must be adjusted back to where it's supposed to be. It's subtle, but watch closely and you will see it happen several times during strings of fire.

I guess he needs more protein in his diet, right? And I'm willing to bet he didn't even know he was doing it, because it had become second nature to make those readjustments whenever his support hand slipped off its ideal lock-up position during strings of fire. This is more likely to occur with a Glock 22 than with a Glock 17.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Watch Hickok45 (a large man with decades of experience shooting Glocks in all calibers) starting at the 2:40 mark. Every time you see his support hand re-adjust, what you're witnessing is the fact that, under recoil, during strings of fire, his support hand has slipped off of its ideal position, and the support grip must be adjusted back to where it's supposed to be. It's subtle, but watch closely and you will see it happen several times during strings of fire.

I guess he needs more protein in his diet, right? And I'm willing to bet he didn't even know he was doing it, because it had become second nature to make those readjustments whenever his support hand slipped off its ideal lock-up position during strings of fire. This is more likely to occur with a Glock 22 than with a Glock 17.

He needs something if he can't maintain his grip

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

If you use varying degrees of pressure or concentrati
n then your approach is flawed

I bet you readjust your support hand from time to time, and are just not aware of it.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G

So it is a hand grip/strength issue? the only handgun that tried to kick loose in my hands in my FA 454 with hellbender loads, I had to send the damn thing back to FA, the grips started to splinter off at the grip frame.
Maybe everyone isn't as "manly" as you. I've heard you and others brag about how big you are. Maybe you should give some consideration to those with smaller physiques or more age.

I've never once bragged about my size, have met a few folks here in person that 'thought' I was big, have always said 6'2" and 250lbs isn't big, although, I am a retard stout crazy mother-fu-ker, so that may help, Hawkeye has posted a pic of himself, he's not little, I'm going with 240 lbs and pretty muscled up, and I'm probably older than he at 58 years, old and weaker certainly get consideration, all but an idiot knows that!

Trump Won!
IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

He needs something if he can't maintain his grip

LOL.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
A lot could be job related JWP, i'm a farmer, you're an iron worker, pipe fitter, fabricator, welder.

Trump Won!
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
We're the same exact age, gunner.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well hell. If I'd known this board was inhabited by a bunch of youngsters, I never would have joined wink

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
grin

IC B3

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
A lot could be job related JWP, i'm a farmer, you're an iron worker, pipe fitter, fabricator, welder.

And I raise quarter horses and longhorn cattle

J
jimmyp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
To the point. Most agencies chose the 9mm because there is not a lot of difference between the outcomes of shootings with a 45ACP, a 40 or a 9mm. Given the best bullets to be had, at their maximum velocities, all things considered they are all about the same speed and all penetrate about as deep and all do a similar amount of damage. This is not me making this up, it’s common knowledge. When I say all things considered, recoil, your ability to shoot the gun, accuracy to hit the right spot, ability to shoot fast and more than once accurately...all things considering all people who might use the gun. The other part Glockduffus aside, the 9mm if it penetrates 13 inches is going to produce about the same damage as a 45 that penetrates 13 inches. Now I can see the 9mm and 105 howitzer will be markedly different but .35 and .45 just ain’t. Jeff Cooper was just wrong.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Proper off hand grip pressure helps in trigger control as pointed out by Bluedreaux

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
We're the same exact age, gunner.

10-4, but you're not little ; ]

Trump Won!
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G

Proper off hand grip pressure helps in trigger control as pointed out by Bluedreaux

Yup, I forgot about the pony, cattle, deal too, no rest for the wicked! smile

Trump Won!
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

I've never once bragged about my size, have met a few folks here in person that 'thought' I was big, have always said 6'2" and 250lbs isn't big, although, I am a retard stout crazy mother-fu-ker, so that may help, Hawkeye has posted a pic of himself, he's not little, I'm going with 240 lbs and pretty muscled up, and I'm probably older than he at 58 years, old and weaker certainly get consideration, all but an idiot knows that!

Holy delusional.

You suck your own dick at every opportunity. I think you even posted your blood work a time or two.

LOL.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Jimmyp: IF... you are trying to tell me that the 40 S&W is a failure then I simply DO NOT believe you!
Use one professionally for 26 years like I have done and then get back to me!
I am VERY familiar with several very successful gunshops and sales of pistols in 40 S&W are moving right along.
Perhaps you mis-spoke?
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
All old guys talk about our blood work, its a matter of health and well being, I've learned about a lot of things to watch out for as we age reading here.

Trump Won!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

And I raise quarter horses and longhorn cattle

I believe you're right about work-hardened hands paying less attention to the little bump a service pistol gives you. Horses, mule, fences, log chains, 5/8 cable & firewood will do that to you.

I've shot way too many critters with handguns to believe for a minute that there's no discernible difference in the terminal effect of large and small service pistol cartridges.

Last edited by SargeMO; 01/26/20. Reason: hit fooking enter button while typing

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Jimmyp: IF... you are trying to tell me that the 40 S&W is a failure then I simply DO NOT believe you!
Use one professionally for 26 years like I have done and then get back to me!
I am VERY familiar with several very successful gunshops and sales of pistols in 40 S&W are moving right along.
Perhaps you mis-spoke?
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

The 40 is pretty much dead in Michigan. We still sell the ammo but where we used to have a whole display case of 40's, now all we carry are Glocks and M&P's, mainly for cops that want to own the same gun that they are issued. We used to sell Glock 19/23's about 50/50, now it's 95+% 19's.

Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

582 members (1minute, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 204guy, 007FJ, 2500HD, 60 invisible), 3,235 guests, and 1,189 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,532
Posts18,452,920
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.