Print Thread
Hop To
D
Dogger Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Somehow i wound up on their mailing list. Thoughts on their camo, good bad or indifferent?

https://naturalgear.com

Thanks in advance.

GB1

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I think it is one of the most universal camo patterns around. Also it holds up well. When my cotton gear fades I soak it in some diluted rit dye and then darken some of the pattern with a magic marker. My only complaint is they have dropped a lot of their cotton clothes in favor of synthetics which are not as good for hot weather for my tastes. Their fleece garments are really nice and turn wind without an additional membrane.

Camouflage is mostly for looks except for waterfowl, turkeys and bow hunting but I still have a large closet entirely full of camo gear, more like an entire room. If I had it to do over again I wouldn't or I would pick just one pattern and only get others for special purposes. Depends on where you hunt but Nat gear and some others like ASAT and the predator line are close to being universal. I liked the Cabelas outfitter camo but they only have a couple items still available in that line so sometimes you are forced to get another pattern, same for WWII brown I have to go to fashion outlets that tout the retro look.

Some of my gear is 20 or 30 years old and I am just now having to get the elastic replaced in one of my fleece jackets, I will find out how the customer service is on this one. But even if they don't do repairs no problem I already got a lot of use out of it and it is still functional with out the draw cord.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli
D
Dogger Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
thanks for the response... i look mostly for cotton and then polypro/fleece - all needs to be super quiet stuff - for bowhunting early October thru January... so go from hot and sweating balls in October to freezing the nads off in January...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Natural Gear's overwhites work well. Sprayed them with ReviveX DWR.

Waiting for A-TACS-X to come online...soon:

https://www.a-tacs.com/

Don't ask me about my military service or heroic acts...most of it is untrue.

Pronoun: Yes, SIR !
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I sent back their Cutdown Rain Shell parka that felt too cumbersome for my needs. But if you need durable, I suspect it will stand up to about anything you are likely to run into. Also, the sleeves were too long and the front storm flap closure seems overdone.

Last edited by Wrapids; 01/25/20.
IC B2

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H

Ive got a couple pieces of their cold weather gear and I thinks it really good stuff. I have the Winerceptor fleece 1/4 zip pullover and the Winterceptor bibs. Good stuff as well. It's warm, quit and very comfortable!! I may add the Winter Parka at some point...

"Pride is the only disease that makes everyone sick except the one that has it"
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Their camo is just about the best blending camo that I have ever used. I have their fleece hoodie and I call and hunt deer in it. I have found nothing better.A lot of camo at a distance is too dark and outlines the person wearing it. Nat gear has better color, and a softer outline, allowing you to blend in better. The only other camo that I used that was close, was prairie ghost. Still use their white camo.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If they knew how to size their pants it would be a much better product. The legs are so large you could fit two legs in each. Then if you buy a size large they will fit fine if you have a 40" waist and 38" inseam. on their winter weight fleece.

The anti American Constitutional party (Democrat). Wants to dismantle your rights, limiting every aspect of your constitutional rights. Death by 1000 cuts is the tactic. Each cut bleeds constitutional rights to control you. Control is the goal.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
This looks like a versatile jacket at a good price. https://naturalgear.com/natural-stealth-hunter-rut-system-jacket/ I don't have one so no first hand experience though.

The winterceptor fleece is the one I like. The wading pants are a lighter more conventional fleece, they work well for wader or layering use but not as windproof as outerwear. Sometimes they have sales for a "bundle" if you are getting an entire set up. The jeans are brushed and get pretty quit after they break in. The only item I don't care for is the synthetic hot weather shirt, unless I wear wool under it it seems to stink in a couple of hours if your sweating.

I am glad I got the vented cotton shirt before they stopped making them.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Nat gear is a great pattern imo. Lots of folks use it for timber duck hunting in my area, I see it used daily. My oldest son is buddies with one of their reps, so he has just about everything nat gear offers.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I have a fair amount, cotton and fleece. I'm very careful to wash it gently in no-brightener detergent, so it hasn't faded. I also have some of the pattern with green included for turkey season and early bow season. Only complaint with that is the pants don't do much to turn stickers and such, and are too flimsy. The pattern is great.

What fresh Hell is this?
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
The original jean type safari pants were good with double knees, I wish I had a couple of pairs of these. My only lament is the phasing out the cotton camo which suited my hot weather hunting much better than the current options.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
https://naturalgear.com/winter-ceptor-fleece-pullover/

My brother has a fleece, I think it is the one in the link, that he has had for 10+ years and it is his favorite jacket hands down. Deer, ducks, elk, turkeys he doesn't leave home without this fleece. Seeing this price, maybe I need one......

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I have the full zip version and it is one of my favorites. More than enough until late season in Texas. Mine might be 20+ yrs. old and just now the elastic hem cord gave out the rest looks almost new except for a few burn marks from campfires.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
My pull over fleece has about 10 or 12 small burn holes from countless fires over the last 10 years of hunting. My boys get a kick out of em. They tell me that I'm not waterproof, or windproof anymore.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Midway has a lot of Natural Gear on clearance about 40% off and free shipping. I ordered a winterceptor jacket and pants.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by country_20boy
https://naturalgear.com/winter-ceptor-fleece-pullover/

My brother has a fleece, I think it is the one in the link, that he has had for 10+ years and it is his favorite jacket hands down. Deer, ducks, elk, turkeys he doesn't leave home without this fleece. Seeing this price, maybe I need one......

Have one of these also. They work great. That is a good price.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have a couple fleece wind proof jackets, vests and pants. It’s all light, soft and extremely warm. Perfect for stalking and bow hunting, quietest clothing I’ve found.
The lighter color blends in with just about any terrain and doesn’t make you out to be a dark blob like most camouflage.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

607 members (007FJ, 10ring1, 160user, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 55 invisible), 2,758 guests, and 1,243 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,572
Posts18,453,856
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.