Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jaguartx
I'm sure Satan or any of his minions can blow up a garbage dump and come up with a nice Cessna, right dbt.

Not that old chestnut.

In case you're not familiar with the fallacy:

''The 747 Junkyard argument, also known as the tornado argument, is made by creationists and proponents of intelligent design and states that attributing the development of life to natural forces such as evolution by natural selection is like expecting a tornado moving through a junkyard to result in a fully functional Boeing 747 aircraft.''

''The tornado argument depends on the common fallacy of equating "natural" explanations of life with "randomness". Only a small part of evolutionary theory is actually based on randomness. Genetic mutations and natural genetic variation present in populations are, to a large extent, random; and the kinds of selective pressures encountered by individuals (predation, food supply fluctuations, etc.) are to some extent random in nature. However, the differential benefit of one characteristic over another in dealing with these environmental pressures (that is, the "fitness" part of "survival of the fittest") is not random. Some adaptations are clearly beneficial to the organism and some are clearly not. This means that Darwin's proposed driving force behind evolution, natural selection, is anything but random.

In addition, evolution doesn't work quickly by way of massive, uncontrolled forces, as tornadoes do. Evolution theory suggests that small changes, accumulated over extremely long periods of time, result in the current diversity of life.

Most importantly, the tornado analogy lacks the two main elements that make evolution work: reproduction (which enables "descent with modification") and selection (which enables increasing complexity). The lack of these aspects reinforces the improbability of anything useful coming out of the process.

If rephrased to account for time, natural selection and different outcomes, it should be asked what the odds are of achieving some functional transportation device from a tornado moving through a junkyard of airplane parts for three billion years, where any parts that combine successfully remain while any parts that do not match will not stay together, and assuming that no parts are ever damaged and they are interchangeable.''

Last edited by DBT; 01/26/20.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm sure Satan or any of his minions can blow up a garbage dump and come up with a nice Cessna, right dbt.

On the other hand heavy elements come flying out of supernovae, about as big as explosions get.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
According to Young Earth Creationism there cannot be supernova, the universe is too young, haha.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Probably why no more than three people actually believe it.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
On the other hand supermassive black holes shouldn't exist given the contemporary age of the universe.

Which explains a lot.
IC B2

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by nighthawk
Probably why no more than three people actually believe it.

Oh, there might more than you think. Flat Earth conferences are held quite regularly. Answers in genesis .org and their like spruik young earth creationism.

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
On the other hand supermassive black holes shouldn't exist given the contemporary age of the universe.

Over 13 billion years of gobbling stars in the centre of galaxies....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Even black holes can only eat so fast.

Which explains a lot.
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by northcountry
Well one thing I have noticed and you may have also observed is that as the belief in a faith has fall the violence in the world has exponential increased. Would like for you to explain that. Have a good day. Cheers NC

As the population of Earth has exponentially exploded, so has the rate of violent acts.

But as to the rate of violence per 1000 population? I think it is lower than at any time in history. It is certainly a lot lower today than it was in 1917-1918, or in 1938 through about,,,,,,oh say 1975. There might have been a bit of violence even back in feudal Europe and Asia. Remember that Ghengis Kahn guy, and Alexander, oh and Xerxes.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by DBT

Not that old chestnut.

''The 747 Junkyard argument, also known as the tornado argument, is made by creationists and proponents of intelligent design and states that attributing the development of life to natural forces such as evolution by natural selection is like expecting a tornado moving through a junkyard to result in a fully functional Boeing 747 aircraft.''

''The tornado argument depends on the common fallacy of equating "natural" explanations of life with "randomness". Only a small part of evolutionary theory is actually based on randomness. Genetic mutations and natural genetic variation present in populations are, to a large extent, random; and the kinds of selective pressures encountered by individuals (predation, food supply fluctuations, etc.) are to some extent random in nature. However, the differential benefit of one characteristic over another in dealing with these environmental pressures (that is, the "fitness" part of "survival of the fittest") is not random. Some adaptations are clearly beneficial to the organism and some are clearly not. This means that Darwin's proposed driving force behind evolution, natural selection, is anything but random.

In addition, evolution doesn't work quickly by way of massive, uncontrolled forces, as tornadoes do. Evolution theory suggests that small changes, accumulated over extremely long periods of time, result in the current diversity of life.

Most importantly, the tornado analogy lacks the two main elements that make evolution work: reproduction (which enables "descent with modification") and selection (which enables increasing complexity). The lack of these aspects reinforces the improbability of anything useful coming out of the process.

If rephrased to account for time, natural selection and different outcomes, it should be asked what the odds are of achieving some functional transportation device from a tornado moving through a junkyard of airplane parts for three billion years, where any parts that combine successfully remain while any parts that do not match will not stay together, and assuming that no parts are ever damaged and they are interchangeable.''

Well said

Evolution's concept of time is the Fourier transform, frequency, and the repeated precipitated event has the highest information content in that entropy

in Bifurcation theory "Chaos theory" the garbage dump is the natural state, and the (plane, Bible etc.) is the bifurcation, and depending on the degree, can be "stable" or a "catastrophe" (cusp)

Most people don't have what it takes to get old
IC B3

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Ringman

Again you are wrong. I am showing you you constantly depend on faith. What evidence to you have for something from nothing? Your faith!

Rich, I will not attack your faith. But will explain mine in similar terms.
You believe God is eternal and omnipresent. You know not from whence God came, nor do you care. Correct??

I believe in conservation of matter and energy. I know not where the matter/energy of the universe came from. I know only that it exists.

Our faith is actually quite comparable.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
The 5th dimension discussed was Entropy.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

SO....

Last edited by mtnsnake; 01/26/20.
DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Even black holes can only eat so fast.

Maybe, maybe not. One possibility could be that black holes formed in the initial conditions and were the 'seeds' of galaxy formation.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
OK, so what's an example of order being created without an intelligent individual applying non-random controlled energy?

How about gas clouds in teh galaxy condensing into stars and planets? Or many reproductive processes of lower animal and plant life? But...as yet we don't know how the first life started.

The outward pressure is greater than the gravity to cause star formation.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Not looking all that good for String Theory, yet still better than God theory...which, being a matter of faith, doesn't even rate as a theory.

Again you are showing your faith. Either the universe is self organized or organized by an outside force. One appeals to fairy tales of infinite nothingingness. The other appeals to an Infinite Adequate Cause.

Not at all.

It is clear that matter/energy has certain properties and that it is these properties that shapes and forms the universe on every scale, gravity forming stars, planets, galaxies and clusters on the grand scale and forming interactions in chemistry on Earth and other planets.

There is no sign of a magic man orchestrating all of this, it is self organising on the principles and attributes of physics - electromagnetism, strong force, week force, gravity, etc, etc.

You are again using faith to believe matter/energy have certain properties. You believe they get these properties simply be existing! That is the height of arbitrary. I can just as easily say matter/energy have no properties unless given and sustained by The Infinite Intelligent Energy Source. The very things you believe just popped into existence are the very things I use to demonstrate the need for a Creator.

There you go making declarations again. The properties of matter/energy/space/time demonstrably exist. Electromagnetism demonstrably exists, nuclear energy demonstrably exist, the relativity of time is proven, gravity can be calculated to the point where we can land probes on other planets.

But nothing in the way of a magical creator has been detected, planets orbit because of gravity and mass, planets form, rain falls, rivers flow according to principles of physics, not magic, not a magical puppet master.

We understand that the world works on the principles of physics. We do not know why they have the values they have.

To assume that because we don't know why matter/energy has these values it must be the work of god, is a faith faith based belief.

It's a fallacy called the God of the Gaps.

It's not faith to realize that we don't know why matter/energy has a set of values, but it become a matter of faith to say ''God did it''

You constantly assume your position is the only one. If it was so convincing why do phd evolutionists become Creationists? Your faith in the untestable is to be lauded.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DBT

Not that old chestnut.

You seem to think a lot of words substitute for the truth. Evolution stared by random actions. The idea of randomness assembled the necessary constituents of life. Survival of the fittest is also random. Otherwise it would be directed and evolution is contrary to the concept of directed.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DBT
According to Young Earth Creationism there cannot be supernova, the universe is too young, haha.

You apparently are ignorant of research. The oldest Nova's are less than 7,000. There are only enough Nova's for about 7,000 years.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

Again you are wrong. I am showing you you constantly depend on faith. What evidence to you have for something from nothing? Your faith!

Rich, I will not attack your faith. But will explain mine in similar terms.
You believe God is eternal and omnipresent. You know not from whence God came, nor do you care. Correct??

I believe in conservation of matter and energy. I know not where the matter/energy of the universe came from. I know only that it exists.

Our faith is actually quite comparable.

You are mistaken. I know Infinite Intelligent Energy had no beginning. God is omnipotent, omniscient, and be omnipresent. All matter and energy come from Him. He created conservation of energy AND entropy.

Everyday Hunter
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Ringman, thanks. I choose not to argue with DBT as I have better things to do. I will from time to time presents explanations of mine or others regarding GODs word or prophecies, fulfilled by this time or soon to be so.

I have no interest in trying to convince any of Gods fallen Angel's (spell check smirk )or Satans minions.

Likewise, it's not worthwhile to explain to zero or Hillary how they are traitors.

AFAIC even if all the elements were present and an explosion caused a spark of life that became a single cell which could, if it desired to continue to live (humm, low IQ life along with a drive to live?) replicate by dividing, why would it decide to give up that simple ability and decide to want to become specialized into a more complex life form involving two different sexes and thus the increased efforts that would require to multiply. The more those life forms specialized and became more complicated, less numbers of the resultant life form would be able to exist, resulting in less chance of the species survival.
There are a lot more ameboas on this earth than there are lions.

Even then, the question of where did the elements come from in the first place dont add up to point to support for their explanation of how life began.

Feral hogs left in the wild long enough revert back to less specialized forms of pigs. Their tail straightens and they lose their more specialized color variations.
It's fine with me whatever they believe.

Last edited by jaguartx; 01/26/20.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (007FJ, 1eyedmule, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 52 invisible), 2,679 guests, and 1,258 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,565
Posts18,453,783
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.