Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Got an IWB kydex holster in the mail today for my P365, this one from PJ Holster and am liking it. So far have only carried it on my daily walk but it has minimal bulk, holds the pistol securely and doesn't move around on me.

But I got to thinking that at least during colder weather where I can wear a cover garment of some kind, an easy on/easy off OWB would do well and probably be even more comfortable. I don't carry all day long but want something to put on for my walk, go to the store or wherever, and being left handed a standard loop holster makes me undo 3/4 of my belt every time.

Seems like the single clip type that works well for an IWB might not be enough for OWB since the whole holster wouldn't be as secure - or would it? Don't want it sliding around on me.

So what are you guys using and liking for a minimal bulk OWB type that you can put on and take off easily but which stays put? Looking for kydex most likely, leather is okay but this is my first kydex holster and I can immediately see the advantages, cost being only one of them.

What mine looks like except in black

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
BP-B2

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I had a small outfit called “blue line holsters “ do up several pieces of kydex for me . IWB, OWB , mag holsters etc .

They have a website , google them up and check out their “speed paddle “ . Fairly minimalist . I’ve got a lot of use on mine and it seems rugged enough for anything short of a wrestling match . Comfortable and quick to take off and on , though secure in use with a proper belt .

Rabid Creedmoorians ring my doorbell ...
as I open it a crack they speak :
"Do you have a moment to talk about our Lord and Savior , 6.5Creed?"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Don't ask me about my military service or heroic acts...most of it is untrue.

Pronoun: Yes, SIR !
D
dla Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho

So what are you guys using and liking for a minimal bulk OWB type that you can put on and take off easily but which stays put?

I use a Tege 60 degree level 2 retention paddle holster for my M&P40 Compact 2.0. Less than $25 from Amazon.

D
dla Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Btw, since you are a lefty, don't bother with Tege - I don't think they have any left-handed holsters.
But Fobus does. I've used Fobus paddles for 1911 and G19 - liked them a lot.
Paddle-style is the easiest to take on and off for me. Avoid Bulldog as the holster angles away from the body too much.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
On the Fobus Evolution is the paddle made of the same kydex or something else? I'm not finding any info on the inside lining or texture of the paddle itself, the only thing you can see of it is a small part of the paddle sticking out from behind the holster in pictures. Looks like some are lined with something like the fuzzy half of velcro and some aren't.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
D
dla Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
On the Fobus Evolution is the paddle made of the same kydex or something else? I'm not finding any info on the inside lining or texture of the paddle itself, the only thing you can see of it is a small part of the paddle sticking out from behind the holster in pictures. Looks like some are lined with something like the fuzzy half of velcro and some aren't.

Unless it has changed, the paddle has a kydex outter and soft rubber inner.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
It's called a Fobus Evolution Paddle for the P365.

It's a $25 gamble on amazon.

99% sure it's going to resolve your issue.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
You guys talkin Fobus? you kiddin?

Are the vids outdated where a gun grabber was able to tear the pistol out of the holster without actually drawing it?

Have improvements improved? Maybe I'm behind?

IC B3

T
TWR Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
I use PJ Holsters for my CC but I use IWB and I've broke 2 of them. All kydex will tear or break if you bend it enough. I seen the video mentioned above and won't use a kydex OWB holster for anything but range use. Even my IWB holsters are the thickest material PJ uses and the closed belt loop is one piece. Anything screwed onto the holster is a weak spot.

D
dla Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by gunzo
You guys talkin Fobus? you kiddin?

Are the vids outdated where a gun grabber was able to tear the pistol out of the holster without actually drawing it?

Have improvements improved? Maybe I'm behind?

Maybe that is of concern to mall ninjas, but normal people are looking for functionality at a great price.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Best lint collector on the market. Check your barrel...daily.

Don't ask me about my military service or heroic acts...most of it is untrue.

Pronoun: Yes, SIR !
JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Got an IWB kydex holster in the mail today for my P365, this one from PJ Holster and am liking it. So far have only carried it on my daily walk but it has minimal bulk, holds the pistol securely and doesn't move around on me.

But I got to thinking that at least during colder weather where I can wear a cover garment of some kind, an easy on/easy off OWB would do well and probably be even more comfortable. I don't carry all day long but want something to put on for my walk, go to the store or wherever, and being left handed a standard loop holster makes me undo 3/4 of my belt every time.

Seems like the single clip type that works well for an IWB might not be enough for OWB since the whole holster wouldn't be as secure - or would it? Don't want it sliding around on me.

I wear a kydex IWB holster in between my pants and belt all the time to "go to the store or whatever" - sort of a poor man's paddle. I usually carry IWB behind the hip, when stuck behind my belt I usually carry appendix.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Fobus holsters require a pretty good fit to the belt or they will move around some.

MM

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Bill,

Speaking of holsters, I ordered a hybrid kydex from Remora which should arrive in a week or two. The backing on the holster is the same sticky stuff on the regular Remora offerings. I'm hoping the holster will split the weight between the waistband and t-shirt/underwear like the regulars which is miraculous.

I've been experimenting with the RFT and micro the last couple months and I like them a lot, not perfect, but definitely owning a niche. The hybrid might be the best of all.

Remora Carbon Carry

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
I wear kydex for IWB (Vedder being the preferred one) but for OWB I like leather and have several build by Kramer Handgun Leather. Kramer holsters are expensive but they are extremely durable and when made of horsehide they are very thin and almost as ridged as Kydex.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

I just ordered a similar model. The evolution did not have a smith and wesson shield option.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001DCD6FU/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have a another belt holster from Texas 1836 I think? Anyway I use that one a lot. I also keep a spare shield in my truck, and now I have it in a cheap nylon holster. I use that one if I am not wearing the other one. The nylon holster is pretty wimpy, but it keeps it clipped in the armrest. So this will be a good upgrade.
I did see a version of my leather1836 holster that has the belt loops like mine, but also has belt clip.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JOG
Bill,

Speaking of holsters, I ordered a hybrid kydex from Remora which should arrive in a week or two. The backing on the holster is the same sticky stuff on the regular Remora offerings. I'm hoping the holster will split the weight between the waistband and t-shirt/underwear like the regulars which is miraculous.

I've been experimenting with the RFT and micro the last couple months and I like them a lot, not perfect, but definitely owning a niche. The hybrid might be the best of all.

Remora Carbon Carry

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sounds good................let me know how you like it, might be a step up from the regular version.

I've more or less made Remora my EDC holster for quite a while..........works well, cheap & multiple guns can use the same holster.

MM

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Vedder makes a good IWB, but I like leather for OWB. A Mitch Rosen Upper Limit is very minimal and comfortable. $75 for his Express Line version, not bad for a custom holster.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
587 members (160user, 219 Wasp, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 56 invisible), 2,405 guests, and 1,106 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,597
Posts18,398,217
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.