Hop To
Page 7 of 19 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 18 19
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
I'm not going to hear it.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
GB1

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Three daughters left behind. One died with him in the crash.

What goes up must come down, what goes around comes around, there's no free lunch. Trump's comin' back, get over it!
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Leave it to God to judge

https://www.ncregister.com/daily-ne...G-UIY6StQOX1NrgzmcjWcWmJgBwFCMbzL5vdzIAY

Kobe Bryant Dead at 41: How Scandal Turned Him to Catholic Faith and Divine Mercy
“His most inspiring trait,” said singer Cristina Ballestero, “was his decision to turn to his faith in God and receive God’s mercy and to be a better man after a regretful decision.”
Catholic News Agency
LOS ANGELES, Calif. — Basketball superstar Kobe Bryant died Sunday in a helicopter crash in Southern California. Bryant, the father of four, was 41.

Bryant's daughter Gianna, 13, was reportedly killed in the helicopter crash as well, along with another teen and her parent, and the helicopter's pilot. They were reportedly traveling to a basketball game.

Bryant is widely considered one of the greatest basketball players of all time. He retired in 2016 after a 20 year career with the Los Angeles Lakers, in which the shooting guard won five NBA championships, a league MVP award, two scoring championships, and myriad other distinctions.

Beyond basketball, Bryant was a husband and a father who in 2015 attributed his Catholic faith with helping him move past a challenging period in his own life and the life of his family.

Bryant was raised in a Catholic family, and spent much of his childhood living in Italy. He married in 2001 in a Southern California parish.

In 2003, Bryant was arrested after he was accused of raping a woman in a Colorado hotel room.

Bryant admitted a sexual encounter with the woman, but denied that he had committed sexual assault. When the allegation became public, Bryant lost sponsors and faced criminal charges, which were eventually dropped.

Bryant issued an apology to his accuser, with whom he also reached a settlement in a civil lawsuit.

“Although I truly believe this encounter between us was consensual, I recognize now that she did not and does not view this incident the same way I did. After months of reviewing discovery, listening to her attorney, and even her testimony in person, I now understand how she feels that she did not consent to this encounter,” Bryant said in his 2004 apology.

In 2015, the basketball player told GQ that after the matter was resolved, he decided to shed some superficiality he felt he had built up in his public persona.

“What I came to understand, coming out of Colorado, is that I had to be me, in the place where I was at that moment.”

Bryant said it was a priest who helped him to make some important personal realizations during the ordeal.

Describing his fear of being sent to prison for a crime he believed he had not committed, Bryant told GQ that “The one thing that really helped me during that process—I’m Catholic, I grew up Catholic, my kids are Catholic—was talking to a priest.”

“It was actually kind of funny: He looks at me and says, ’Did you do it?’ And I say, ’Of course not.’ Then he asks, ’Do you have a good lawyer?’ And I’m like, ’Uh, yeah, he’s phenomenal.’ So then he just said, ’Let it go. Move on. God’s not going to give you anything you can’t handle, and it’s in his hands now. This is something you can’t control. So let it go.’ And that was the turning point,” Bryant said.

A 2004 decision to place deeper trust in God did not mean the basketball star’s life was thereafter without difficulties, or defined by virtue.

In 2011, Vanessa Bryant filed for divorce from Kobe, citing irreconcilable differences. But Bryant said he decided not to give up on his marriage, and two years later, his wife withdrew her divorce petition.

“I’m not going to say our marriage is perfect, by any stretch of the imagination,” Bryant told GQ in 2015.

“We still fight, just like every married couple. But you know, my reputation as an athlete is that I’m extremely determined, and that I will work my ass off. How could I do that in my professional life if I wasn’t like that in my personal life, when it affects my kids? It wouldn’t make any sense.”

Bryant and his wife have been reported to be regular parishioners at an Orange County, California parish.

Singer Cristina Ballestero posted on Instagram Jan. 26 a story of her encounter with Bryant at Holy Family Cathedral in Orange, California at a weekday Mass.

“As we went up to communion, [Bryant] waited for me to go. If you grew up in the Catholic Church, you understand this is a respectful thing men do in church as a sign of respect to women. He said I have a beautiful voice.”

“His most inspiring trait was his decision to turn to his faith in God and receive God’s mercy and to be a better man after a regretful decision,” Ballestero added.

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I feel sorry for his rape victims that’ll have to see his face everywhere for the next year. That and this unattributed ribald comment made at the time of his continuing indiscretions: "The first 8 inches were consensual!"

laugh

-=[Bob]=-
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
He knew something about Hillary ......

==================================================

I'm a proud member of the BGE cult ... yes, I consider myself an EGGHEAD
IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
I'm not a basketball fan but the guy was one of the greatest players of all time. That's a pretty good accomplishment which I can respect. Sad time for his family, friends, and fans. RIP...

Bb

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Somebody cue up Queen's another one bites the dust. Great ball player terrible human being.

Bangflop! another skinning job due to .260 and proper shot placement.
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by Alamosa
Just wait until the grammys tonight.
You are going to hear the divas spout a lot about what a good, good friend he was and this is an unthinkable tragedy, a global catastrophe, and so on.
Jezus I've already heard it compared to 911 on the radio.

No doubt. Can’t believe anyone here watches that schitt show either. Not saying that you do, Alamosa.

I’m watching “True Grit” with JW on GRIT TV for the 100th time. 🤠

Me too whilst sipping an Old Fashioned and smelling my pot of pasta sauce on its fourth hour simmering...[/b]

Conduct is the best proof of character.
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by EdM
You are going to hear the divas spout a lot about what a good, good friend he was and this is an unthinkable tragedy, a global catastrophe, and so on.

No doubt. Can’t believe anyone here watches that schitt show either. Not saying that you do, Alamosa.

Me too whilst sipping an Old Fashioned and smelling my pot ...[/b]

Fixed it for ya

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Rip.

IC B3

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
Originally Posted by EdM

Me too whilst sipping an Old Fashioned and smelling my pot ...[/b]

Fixed it for ya

grin

Conduct is the best proof of character.
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Leave it to God to judge

https://www.ncregister.com/daily-ne...G-UIY6StQOX1NrgzmcjWcWmJgBwFCMbzL5vdzIAY

Kobe Bryant Dead at 41: How Scandal Turned Him to Catholic Faith and Divine Mercy
“His most inspiring trait,” said singer Cristina Ballestero, “was his decision to turn to his faith in God and receive God’s mercy and to be a better man after a regretful decision.”
Catholic News Agency
LOS ANGELES, Calif. — Basketball superstar Kobe Bryant died Sunday in a helicopter crash in Southern California. Bryant, the father of four, was 41.

Bryant's daughter Gianna, 13, was reportedly killed in the helicopter crash as well, along with another teen and her parent, and the helicopter's pilot. They were reportedly traveling to a basketball game.

Bryant is widely considered one of the greatest basketball players of all time. He retired in 2016 after a 20 year career with the Los Angeles Lakers, in which the shooting guard won five NBA championships, a league MVP award, two scoring championships, and myriad other distinctions.

Beyond basketball, Bryant was a husband and a father who in 2015 attributed his Catholic faith with helping him move past a challenging period in his own life and the life of his family.

Bryant was raised in a Catholic family, and spent much of his childhood living in Italy. He married in 2001 in a Southern California parish.

In 2003, Bryant was arrested after he was accused of raping a woman in a Colorado hotel room.

Bryant admitted a sexual encounter with the woman, but denied that he had committed sexual assault. When the allegation became public, Bryant lost sponsors and faced criminal charges, which were eventually dropped.

Bryant issued an apology to his accuser, with whom he also reached a settlement in a civil lawsuit.

“Although I truly believe this encounter between us was consensual, I recognize now that she did not and does not view this incident the same way I did. After months of reviewing discovery, listening to her attorney, and even her testimony in person, I now understand how she feels that she did not consent to this encounter,” Bryant said in his 2004 apology.

In 2015, the basketball player told GQ that after the matter was resolved, he decided to shed some superficiality he felt he had built up in his public persona.

“What I came to understand, coming out of Colorado, is that I had to be me, in the place where I was at that moment.”

Bryant said it was a priest who helped him to make some important personal realizations during the ordeal.

Describing his fear of being sent to prison for a crime he believed he had not committed, Bryant told GQ that “The one thing that really helped me during that process—I’m Catholic, I grew up Catholic, my kids are Catholic—was talking to a priest.”

“It was actually kind of funny: He looks at me and says, ’Did you do it?’ And I say, ’Of course not.’ Then he asks, ’Do you have a good lawyer?’ And I’m like, ’Uh, yeah, he’s phenomenal.’ So then he just said, ’Let it go. Move on. God’s not going to give you anything you can’t handle, and it’s in his hands now. This is something you can’t control. So let it go.’ And that was the turning point,” Bryant said.

A 2004 decision to place deeper trust in God did not mean the basketball star’s life was thereafter without difficulties, or defined by virtue.

In 2011, Vanessa Bryant filed for divorce from Kobe, citing irreconcilable differences. But Bryant said he decided not to give up on his marriage, and two years later, his wife withdrew her divorce petition.

“I’m not going to say our marriage is perfect, by any stretch of the imagination,” Bryant told GQ in 2015.

“We still fight, just like every married couple. But you know, my reputation as an athlete is that I’m extremely determined, and that I will work my ass off. How could I do that in my professional life if I wasn’t like that in my personal life, when it affects my kids? It wouldn’t make any sense.”

Bryant and his wife have been reported to be regular parishioners at an Orange County, California parish.

Singer Cristina Ballestero posted on Instagram Jan. 26 a story of her encounter with Bryant at Holy Family Cathedral in Orange, California at a weekday Mass.

“As we went up to communion, [Bryant] waited for me to go. If you grew up in the Catholic Church, you understand this is a respectful thing men do in church as a sign of respect to women. He said I have a beautiful voice.”

“His most inspiring trait was his decision to turn to his faith in God and receive God’s mercy and to be a better man after a regretful decision,” Ballestero added.

Thanks for this, DVD. That's great news. PTL.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
There is video of crash that will likely be out in a few days...I don't imagine something like this doesn't get out. Friend was working in the area and one of his crew took video of the helicopter as it was going down and crashing. He's trying to get it to FAA now. Looks like tail rotor failure among other things. It went down spinning, roughly 1 rotation every second or so, spiraled in, dropping pretty damn fast. No sign of fire until it exploded upon impact.

Guns are responsible for killing as much as Rosie O'Donnel's fork is responsible for her being FAT.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I think it's already out,my son was talking about it a few mins ago.
I did not watch it.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Crazy and why I like to stay close to Earth.

Heard on the radio when I was pulling up to the parts store about 1PM this afternoon to buy a 1 3/16's impact socket.

The ol' F350 landed safely.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Outlaw helicopters. if it saves only one child.

And a few rock stars and famous athletes.

LOL
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by Ky221
Some need to go back to kindergarten and learn basic manners. I doubt anyone here knew the guy personally. Therefore no one here knows what he may or may not have done. A man and his daughter lost their life and this is the best y’all can do? Notice I said a man. Not a ball player, not a celebrity. A man, a husband, a father. He will be missed by many I’m sure. And FWIW, I’ve never watched a single ball game a day in my life.

If you don’t have anything nice to say. Then don’t say it. Bunch of miserable people on this forum anymore.

+1

"Successful is leaving something in better shape than you inherited it in. Keep that in mind, son." Dad
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by broomd

I wasn't a huge fan but RIP. A family without a loving father and a daughter lost.
Very sad.

Some real sh tbags on this forum. Damn.

+1

"Successful is leaving something in better shape than you inherited it in. Keep that in mind, son." Dad
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by 257heaven
Originally Posted by cfran
One less rapist in the world

Forgot about that, that is certainly a big question mark on his character. No doubt he was able to skate through this while paying off the young lady with an undisclosed sum of money with minimal damage to his reputation. You won’t hear this story now.

We tend to put athletes on a pedestal, it’s not right.

I never forgot it.

You obviously forgot the details of the case.

She was a lying whore.

You left out predatory. All pro sports athletes are at risk for this kind of accusation.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
One less rapist in the world

Well that was quick.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
Page 7 of 19 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 18 19

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

598 members (160user, 300_savage, 222Sako, 30378, 10gaugeman, 66 invisible), 2,517 guests, and 1,154 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,115
Posts18,464,510
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.