Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I thought this was about car wax frown

I knew a foxy 17 year old blonde in 1968 that worked at the car wash. Her only job was to ask each customer if they wanted car wax with the wash. Who could say no to Nancy?

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
GB1

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
@OP, Congrats on the new ride. Your better half will love it. Also appreciate the good report on CarMax.

Tried to get my wife to go with an older Lexus RX last year. She decided she would prefer a newer Highlander. Agree, let someone else eat the depreciation.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I sold them a car. They paid full book value on it. I was happy. Didn't have to mess with yo-yos wanting to drive my car, wanting me to hold it, offering trades and two-party post-dated cashiers checks.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 79S
Man how you guys afford these new vehicles?

Turn off the A/C and the hot water 🙂

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
T
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by SockPuppet
Thanks for the info, TN. I'll check 'em out in the future.

CM was easy.....was beginning to wonder after 2 weeks and no car delivered yet

They did refund my $99 ship fee also....added $199 doc fee....tags & license..full tank of fuel & detailed

This link is for a similar 2010 Premium.....but no Mark Levinson sound system......I paid $22K

Another note......came with a full size spare .even mounted on a Lexus alloy wheel......

Car is super nice & quiet....full time 4x4....4.6L 301 HP V8 & 6 sp auto.....weighs in at 5400#

Plan on going through it soon.....plugs....filters....gear fluids...serp belt etc.......

https://www.carmax.com/car/17206714

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by tikkanut
Originally Posted by SockPuppet
Thanks for the info, TN. I'll check 'em out in the future.

CM was easy.....was beginning to wonder after 2 weeks and no car delivered yet

They did refund my $99 ship fee also....added $199 doc fee....tags & license..full tank of fuel & detailed

This link is for a similar 2010 Premium.....but no Mark Levinson sound system......I paid $22K

Another note......came with a full size spare .even mounted on a Lexus alloy wheel......

Car is super nice & quiet....full time 4x4....4.6L 301 HP V8 & 6 sp auto.....weighs in at 5400#

Plan on going through it soon.....plugs....filters....gear fluids...serp belt etc.......

https://www.carmax.com/car/17206714
Congrats...I too have made several sales to CM and also one purchase. They were all very good experiences.
I bet they went through all those items already with a fine toothed comb. They have quite the system going upon taking in a vehicle.

Buy once, cry once.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
Has anybody here bought through Costco? I tried to look at the list what's available last week and was pretty turned off by the amount of info they required just to look at inventory.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Has anybody here bought through Costco? I tried to look at the list what's available last week and was pretty turned off by the amount of info they required just to look at inventory.

Not with Costco.

I made the mistake of plugging in the info for Sams club. Zip. Cell #.

Dealers in 150 mile radius started cold calling. Fug that.

All i wanted was an idea of how much of a discount it would have been.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Wife is on the cusp of trading in her '10 Lexus RX350. She loves the vehicle, but not the 55-mile drive to the nearest Lexus dealer for service. (I think that's also YOUR nearest dealer, tikka. Larry Miller in Murray.) I almost have her talked into a Highlander Hybrid from our in-town Toyota dealer. I think a test drive would convince her. I have an '08 Highlander and plan to keep it.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by gregintenn
I went to a Carmax once. Didn’t much more than get out of my car before a woman walked up to me and said “Before you start looking, let me tell you how things work here.” I told her as long as I was the one with the money, I would decide how things worked, got back in my car, and drove away.

Seems reasonable grin

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Not reasonable at all. If you don't listen to the rules, you have no idea if they work in your favor. Greg will never know.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by 79S
I went to a Carmax once. Didn’t much more than get out of my car before a woman walked up to me and said “Before you start looking, let me tell you how things work here.” I told her as long as I was the one with the money, I would decide how things worked, got back in my car, and drove away.

[Linked Image from ]

Probably storms past the Walmart people at the exit doors too.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Wife is on the cusp of trading in her '10 Lexus RX350. She loves the vehicle, but not the 55-mile drive to the nearest Lexus dealer for service. (I think that's also YOUR nearest dealer, tikka. Larry Miller in Murray.) I almost have her talked into a Highlander Hybrid from our in-town Toyota dealer. I think a test drive would convince her. I have an '08 Highlander and plan to keep it.

Larry H Miller in Lindon.....right off I 15.......or

Brent Brown Toyota.......Orem on 15

Will do my own services......

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Calvin

Seems reasonable grin

Unfortunately, gregintenn accomplished absolutely nothing for his gas and time.

Should have at least heard her out.

Although I didn't end up selling them my last truck, I was not unhappy at all with my experience with CarMax.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Not reasonable at all. If you don't listen to the rules, you have no idea if they work in your favor. Greg will never know.

May be reasonable, maybe not... depending on the sales rep's verbal approach and overall demeanor.

I've walked away from salespersons myself before and would do it again too if they approached and addressed me in what I felt was too haughty of a manner.

As always though, YMMV...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

That sounds like an open mind.

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Bought two from them, good experience

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Lexus has no peer IMO. Nice buy Tikka. My next one will be an RX350L.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
My wife has a 2002 LX460 w/ 135k on it and it's been a fantastic vehicle. I've been trying to talk her into a newer model but she loves that SUV!

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
9 yrs old w/95K miles is a new vehicle to me.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

325 members (300_savage, 1_deuce, 260Remguy, 10gaugemag, 2ndwind, 17CalFan, 31 invisible), 2,450 guests, and 1,193 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,598
Posts18,454,452
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.