-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Been shooting my Glock 20 quite a bit. I find it accurate at normal handgun ranges. I'm wondering how much the longer sight radius of a Glock 40 aids at longer ranges. Any thoughts?

Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it.
GB1

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
In my experience not enough to matter too much . The benefits for me were a bit of reduction in felt recoil and Increased barrel length giving the promise of more performance , but the biggest increase in accuracy was mounting a dot .

Rabid Creedmoorians ring my doorbell ...
as I open it a crack they speak :
"Do you have a moment to talk about our Lord and Savior , 6.5Creed?"
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

I doubt there is a meaningful difference

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Glock 40mwith sig sauer 180 grain ammo. Less than 2” at 30 yards.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
If I got a 40 I would get the MOS and an RMR. This would make more of a difference to my shooting. The 20 is very convenient I replaced my Glock sights with adjustable sights that have a better sight picture. It’s a keeper.

IC B2

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Have/shoot Gen 4 20 and a 40. Glock changed their barrels on the 4s and both are more accurate than my Gen 1 10mm.

To me the 40 is more accurate because its easier to shoot,---- lighter trigger, heavier slide, and the dot.,

Check out the Holosun dots. before deciding. (use Venom, Delta, Holosun)

Most people don't have what it takes to get old
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks guys. I'd really like to shoot a 40 before buying one. Need to talk my LGS into letting me rent one for an afternoon.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
If its important to you

My 40 doesn't cycle the target loads, that work well in the 20

but it handles hot loads much better.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
bwinters, if you were within striking distance I'd let you shoot the crap out of mine.

Haven't had it hunting yet, but it's a very soft and accurate shooter with the RMR.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
I know you inquired about hunting

but I use mine as a nightstand gun, Holosun, turns on when gun moved, lite under barrel and Liberty 60 gr. at 2400 fps ,, no recoil, fast follow up shot recovery.

IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
in some of the glock products the shorter guns are more accurate, don't know why this is. I can do meaningful damage at 15-20 yards with my 20.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by bwinters
Thanks guys. I'd really like to shoot a 40 before buying one. Need to talk my LGS into letting me rent one for an afternoon.

bwinters, were you ever able to talk your LGS into letting you shoot a G40?

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
How do you guys put up with that horrendous recoil and pronunciated muzzle blast? What is the secret of your toughness? Do you suddenly push hard against the gun as you slap the trigger as the sights swing across the center of the target? What are your secrets? With the head ducking recoil of the 10MM you guys experience you are the iconic symbol of manly manhood and the epitome of "nerves of steel".
The term "Superman" is not good enough for you guys.

I AM THE GOOD FRIEND OF RENEGADE50.
HE MENTORS ME.
HE PUNISHES ME WHEN I AM WRONG.
HE CALLS ME OUT WHEN I AM LYING.
HE CARES GREATLY ABOUT ME.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by glockdoofus
How do you guys put up with that horrendous recoil and pronunciated muzzle blast? What is the secret of your toughness? Do you suddenly push hard against the gun as you slap the trigger as the sights swing across the center of the target? What are your secrets? With the head ducking recoil of the 10MM you guys experience you are the iconic symbol of manly manhood and the epitome of "nerves of steel".

What I do: You kick the doofus in the lane next to you in the balls just as hard as you can. That quick-stop of momentum transfers kinetic energy to your foot, that's attached to your leg, that's attached to your torso ( called the sacroiliac, for you doofuses). That kick in the doofus balls translates to releasing stored energy, which produces the nerves of steel necessary for the Superman Hero 10mm shooter to become impervious to any felt recoil.

Got it?

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
He doesn't get it. The fact that he continues his childish troll post tells a lot about his personality. Pitiful person in reality.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by local_dirt

Havent been paying attention to this post. I ended up with a Glock 20 and really like it. I shoot it better than my G45 or G19. I've run 7-8-900 rounds through it of regular10mm but have not run any Buffalo Bore yet. Been waiting for the ranges to open back up.....

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by local_dirt

Havent been paying attention to this post. I ended up with a Glock 20 and really like it. I shoot it better than my G45 or G19. I've run 7-8-900 rounds through it of regular10mm but have not run any Buffalo Bore yet. Been waiting for the ranges to open back up.....

Good for you. Glad you were able to get the 20. Sounds like it's working well for you.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Is this a joke post? I’ve shot a fair bit through a buddy’s G20, including some Buffalo Bore and thermonuclear level handloads, and while it has some kick, I’d MUCH rather shoot a full sized frame Glock in 10mm than an Airweight Smith snub with .357s.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Tannhauser

Is this a joke post? I’ve shot a fair bit through a buddy’s G20, including some Buffalo Bore and thermonuclear level handloads, and while it has some kick, I’d MUCH rather shoot a full sized frame Glock in 10mm than an Airweight Smith snub with .357s.

Yes , he’s very special

Rabid Creedmoorians ring my doorbell ...
as I open it a crack they speak :
"Do you have a moment to talk about our Lord and Savior , 6.5Creed?"

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

594 members (1minute, 10ring1, 160user, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 66 invisible), 2,146 guests, and 1,162 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,099
Posts18,464,161
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.