Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
40O Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular

Been reviewing forums on the net, but the recommendations seem to be pretty scattered. Considering the Precision Armament EFAB. Anyone have experience with this compensator? Other recommendations?

Found this thread, https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...ch/true/which-muzzle-device#Post13596775,
Which recommends the Surefire Warcomp ct. Not much else on the fire.

"What I was saying is if my kin folk 400 years ago had guns, we wouldn�t be having this conversation. I�m in favor of guns and encourage everyone I know to have them because the last time we didn�t have them we were abused.�
Rep.Mitchell.
ARIC

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
This one:

https://www.primaryarms.com/vg6-precision-gamma-high-performance-muzzle-brake-1-2x28

Absolutely amazing.

Another fine product from Aero Precision.

You can pick them up on sale around $50.00

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 01/26/20.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
check this guys videos, he tests A LOT of brakes/flash hiders....

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Whats the mission?

NRA Life Member
40O Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
New AR guy. Shot them for decades, owned one for awhile, but never that interested in ARs. Until I discovered the shoot and move matches. Now I'm building an 18 inch Wylde upper. Adjustable gas block, ightweight bcg, and lightweight buffer and spring. Looking to minimize muzzle movement/recoil for fast follow up shots.

Apsolutly do not want obnoxious blowback on shooter, nor do I want to be an ass to the people around me.

The Precision Armament EFAB has good review for mitigating muzzle movement without being to hard on the ears.

I shoot at an outdoor range 2-3 times a month, but I shoot at an indoor range 2-3 times a week.

"What I was saying is if my kin folk 400 years ago had guns, we wouldn�t be having this conversation. I�m in favor of guns and encourage everyone I know to have them because the last time we didn�t have them we were abused.�
Rep.Mitchell.
IC B2

40O Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Lanenebraska,
What's the video. And then his follow up video. Not the most effective, but the afab was his favorite, goto compensator. He choose it over the efab based on looks. So, might be on the right track. But his latest video was from 2016. Nothing improved sense then?

Rep.Mitchell.
S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
I had the Spikes R2 Muzzle brake on my AR It was not overly obnoxious, and It was very effective in keeping the muzzle on target.

https://www.spikestactical.com/collections/muzzle-devices/spikes-tactical-r2-brake/

I switched over to a SilencerCo ASR brake as I am waiting on a suppressor. The ASR seems a little louder than the Spikes.

H
H
I assume you are not talking about wanting a can?

The issue muzzle device is known as a flash suppressor. The early versions had 3 prong, then bird cage with vents all the way around and next is A2 Suppressor which has a even smaller flash signature.

The only way you are going to keep rifle on a target between shots is with a bipod or use a sling in prone position. The record at Aberdeen Proving Ground was a M16 was fired from prone position with bipod at E silhouette target at 100 yards for 60 seconds using SINGLE SHOT MODE and he hit target 157 times using 20 shot mags.

In full auto mode shooting at E silhouette target at 25 yards from standing, first shot hit dead center, second shot just grazed shoulder of E silhouette or missed it, third shots were another two feet higher. Right hand shoot recoil drives muzzle towards 1:00, left hand shooters muzzle goes towards 11:00.

Formerly Small Arms Test Director, Aberdeen Prov Gnd, Army Small Cal Wpns Lab, Mem Interagency Comm Sec. Equip. Wash, Intl Wound Ballistics Assn, Consultant to INS, USBP, DCIS, FLETC, 4 US Intl Rifle Teams NRA Bene, Vol FD, Eagle Scout, Shriner.
40O Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Wasn't clear. Sorry. I was asking about muzzle brakes. I purchased this one: https://www.midwayusa.com/product/100334906

Last edited by 40O; 01/31/20.

Rep.Mitchell.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Ditto what Antelope sniper said.

Ran a vg6 gamma 5.56 about 3 or 4 yrs ago.
Get it.....
Hone your crush washer barrel side till it hits 9 10 ish tighten to 12.
Make your rig run like a horizontal sewing machine needle.
Not obnoxious.
You will have to readjust zero.
Forget the rest.
Also very easy to clean.

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
659 members (1234, 163bc, 06hunter59, 17Fan, 09wingates, 72 invisible), 2,677 guests, and 1,225 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,608
Posts18,398,386
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.