Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
F
ftbt Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
F

Kobe Bryant and daughter Gigi prayed together at Catholic mass at their local church hours before they both died in the tragic helicopter crash.

The basketball legend and 13-year-old Gigi went to the 7am service at the Cathedral of Our Lady Queen of the Angels in Newport Beach. They both took Communion, the sacrament in which consecrated bread and wine are consumed as memorials of Christ's death.

The father and daughter left the church and soon afterwards boarded the S-76 Sikorsky helicopter piloted by Ara Zobyan which was taking them to the Mamba Academy in Thousand Oaks for Gigi's basketball practice.

A spokesman for Our Lady Queen of the Angels confirmed that Kobe was at the early morning service Sunday.

Bishop Timothy Freyer, of the Orange Diocese, who is currently in Rome meeting the Pope, said Kobe was a 'committed Catholic' who 'loved his faith'.

He said:

‘He was a committed Catholic who loved his family and loved his faith.

'A longtime Orange County resident and parishioner in our Diocese, Kobe would frequently attend Mass and sit in the back of the church so that his presence would not distract people from focusing on Christ’s Presence.

Please join me in praying for the victims. May God grant their loved ones peace and bring them comfort during these difficult times.'

See:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...lic-mass-Newport-Beach-tragic-crash.html

GB1

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Glad to read this. Hope an account like this reaches the hearts of those around his and spurs the same change in them. Considering the trouble he got himself into early on, good to see he didn’t waste aging by also not maturing.

Hope he did indeed see the savior’s face yesterday.

Fear the crabcat.
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
RIP. All killed in crash!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Thoughts and prayers for all who died and those affected by their deaths.

Given that, I do not understand the amount of time and space given to the tragedy by the media. Would it be the same if it had involved some guy who sat on the bench for the Knicks for two years? Yes, it is news involving a celebrity, but it seems to me that simply reporting it would be all that is necessary, rather than the non-stop tribute that we are witnessing.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
The ‘media’ is a business. They’re calculating that this story sells. Unfortunately they’re right. I’m guessing that even someone with the ego of a pro athlete would be uncomfortable with this level of coverage.

Case in point, Bush senior...and the media didn’t even like him. Kobe they liked.

Last edited by Gypsy_Wind; 01/27/20.

Fear the crabcat.
IC B2

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by ftbt

Kobe Bryant and daughter Gigi prayed together at Catholic mass at their local church hours before they both died in the tragic helicopter crash.

The basketball legend and 13-year-old Gigi went to the 7am service at the Cathedral of Our Lady Queen of the Angels in Newport Beach. They both took Communion, the sacrament in which consecrated bread and wine are consumed as memorials of Christ's death.

The father and daughter left the church and soon afterwards boarded the S-76 Sikorsky helicopter piloted by Ara Zobyan which was taking them to the Mamba Academy in Thousand Oaks for Gigi's basketball practice.

A spokesman for Our Lady Queen of the Angels confirmed that Kobe was at the early morning service Sunday.

Bishop Timothy Freyer, of the Orange Diocese, who is currently in Rome meeting the Pope, said Kobe was a 'committed Catholic' who 'loved his faith'.

He said:

'A longtime Orange County resident and parishioner in our Diocese, Kobe would frequently attend Mass and sit in the back of the church so that his presence would not distract people from focusing on Christ’s Presence.

Please join me in praying for the victims. May God grant their loved ones peace and bring them comfort during these difficult times.'

See:

So your saying because he took communion and prayed at a Catholic Church he went to heaven?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Tom264

He said:

See:

So your saying because he took communion and prayed at a Catholic Church he went to heaven?

This was quoted from a newspaper article. It appears that the jist of the article is that Kobe is in heaven right now.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

He said:

See:

Making one’s peace daily, no matter where, ain’t at all a bad thing.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Whole bunch of folks died yesterday for better reasons than a copper ride
In fact a CH53 went down killing every Marine in it....

But, oh.... Poor rich Kobe...

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Yeah but can anyone show me in the Bible where it says all you have to do is pray and have communion to gain Heaven?
Chapter and verse?

IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Yeah but can anyone show me in the Bible where it says all you have to do is pray and have communion to gain Heaven?
Chapter and verse?

Starman is awaiting your call.
Grins

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Chapter and verse?

Mark 16:16 is as close as I can get you. As a catholic, I presume he was baptized. Can only take him at his word that he believed. Beyond that doesn’t really affect me. Between him and God now.

Fear the crabcat.
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Well Mark 16:16 doesn’t say anything about communion and praying but I will give you kudos for finding a very good scripture.
And you are right, we truly have no idea what or who he believed and even we are assuming he was baptized.
We have no clue.
And yes it is between him and God now and by now he knows whether he was in the right or not.

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Kobay don’t know a damn thing now. He’s dead.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
I guess you don’t believe in Heaven or hell?
We just vanish, quit......nada, no more...nothing?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Chapter and verse?

That sounds like a "works based" salvation to me.

Ephesians 2:8-9 (KJV)

8. For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9. Not of works, lest any man should boast.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Correct.

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
I guess you don’t believe in Heaven or hell?
We just vanish, quit......nada, no more...nothing?

You are learning.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by SuperCub
Chapter and verse?

That sounds like a "works based" salvation to me.

Ephesians 2:8-9 (KJV)

8. For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9. Not of works, lest any man should boast.
Me too. Seems to me...JMO of course, that most, as soon as they are saved, depart from the faith by trying to get saved again, by the goodness of theirownselves and the good works that they do.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Pastor Missie preached on this recently.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

601 members (222Sako, 160user, 10gaugeman, 1moredeer, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 61 invisible), 2,499 guests, and 1,184 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,114
Posts18,464,448
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.