Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by tndrbstr
It’s the Wave man, he has to know how to do the Harley Wave. All others are just posers.

grin

Once in East Texas a long time ago I knew a biker chick, a blond who had an actual shovelhead Lowrider an older admirer had given to her. One time she let me ride it, her following on my Kawasaki at the time.

We pass a group of big ol’ Harley riders coming the other way and me and them are all waving at each other like long lost brothers.

Nobody waved at her 🙂

Flave is right. You really are a dumbass, aintcha.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
GB1

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
It’s the Wave man, he has to know how to do the Harley Wave. All others are just posers.

grin

Once in East Texas a long time ago I knew a biker chick, a blond who had an actual shovelhead Lowrider an older admirer had given to her. One time she let me ride it, her following on my Kawasaki at the time.

We pass a group of big ol’ Harley riders coming the other way and me and them are all waving at each other like long lost brothers.

Nobody waved at her 🙂

Buddy of mine bought a new hd soft tail standard. He kept getting onto his wife because she would always wave overhanded to other riders! I don’t know if she ever did learn the Harley "Wave" or not...
laffin

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by local_dirt

Never said anything different.

That Harley woman story? Exactly true as told. She was a looker who liked men, went through all of us in a whirlwind and then went on her way. The funniest part about that whole episode was that she confided to my buddy’s girlfriend that I was exceptionally good in the sack. I mean if anyone would know about stuff like that she would. She had done a bunch of us and said I was the best.

I seem to remember I brung that topic up a time or two grin

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by local_dirt

Never said anything different.

That Harley woman story? Exactly true as told. She was a looker who liked men, went through all of us in a whirlwind and then went on her way. The funniest part about that whole episode was that she confided to my buddy’s girlfriend that I was exceptionally good in the sack. I mean if anyone would know about stuff like that she would. She had done a bunch of us and said I was the best.

I seem to remember I brung that topic up a time or two grin

She didn’t nickname you "sharp things" did she?
laffin

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Back when I was single I used tell my students “You can call me what my girlfriends call me; Mr. O’Birdy or Sir”.

Then one time I said “You can call me what my girlfriends call me....”

...and some kid says “What’s that.... Shorty?” grin

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
IC B2

O
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
O
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Once it's running and all tricked out, it's still going to be a Sportster. There are a bunch of other crotch rockets that will outperform it, and real Harley riders want a full grown Hog. Back in the dark ages, the 61 cubic inch bike was the granddaddy of the Sportster, and those weren't terribly popular, either.
Jerry

I know a guy who’s been riding Sportsters forty years as his primary mode of transportation, been living in the wind all that time, committed to the lifestyle good and bad, and he turns wrenches for a Harley dealership, always has. What does he need to do to be a real Harley rider?

Not a thing.

This always makes me laugh. Try riding 500 miles in a day on a big Harley bagger (the supposed real man's bike). Then try riding 500 miles on a Sporty (the supposed girl's bike). You'll quickly find it takes more of a man to ride the Sporty than the living room couch.

I actually own both and I approve of this message. smile

Like motorcycles or anything on two wheels? Please check out my YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMaLdyriBKNsUtpgNh1-g6w
Thanks and hope you subscribe!
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

grin

Nobody waved at her 🙂

Your romantic exploits aside, did she ever let you ride the Shovel? :):). I have a Shovelhead Lowrider and also an EVO Lowrider. Guess which one everybody comments on.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by cuznguido

grin

Nobody waved at her 🙂

Your romantic exploits aside, did she ever let you ride the Shovel? :):). I have a Shovelhead Lowrider and also an EVO Lowrider. Guess which one everybody comments on.

My current ride is a one off EVO design big twin pro street. The next build will be a shovel, wouldn’t mind a knuckle but that’s unlikely to happen.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

grin

Nobody waved at her 🙂

That one time, about a 150 mile day.

That was my motorcycle period, what ever bike I had was my only transportation. Never could own a Harley back then on account of they got stolen so much (1980's), I would never be able to just park it at the mall/workplace/apartment whatever.

Might rectify that shortcoming in these next few years I dunno, still got the itch, but my lifestyle is different now.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have a Shovelhead Lowrider and also an EVO Lowrider. Guess which one everybody comments on.

I rode my old shovel for years. Lotsa folks had no idea what it was. The new bikes have taken over.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

grin

Nobody waved at her 🙂

My current ride is a one off EVO design big twin pro street. The next build will be a shovel, wouldn’t mind a knuckle but that’s unlikely to happen.

Aw, C'mon. Just go for the knuckler. Lol. smile

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think S & S is making knuckle crate motors.

????????????????

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Prob'ly relevant to point out with respect to Sportys that just because a motorcycle ain't the fastest/most agile/coolest doesn't mean it ain't gonna be fun.

Most fun I ever had on backroads was on a 650 dual sport thumper, and that was right after 50,000 miles on a Nijna 750. That Ninja was better'n me no matter what I did, whereas on that thumper I had to hit every shift and line just right to run with the fast boys.

I'd consider an 883 for that very reason, 'cept I have read they are geared lower and therefore run kinda busy at Interstate speeds.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I always thought the 883 was a descendant of the 750 K. I learned to ride on a 1948 61" EL, complete with foot clutch, and spring fork and lived through it. With todays traffic a hard tail, stiff front springing and needing one foot for a clutch instead of the ground is a recipe for not getting old. The kick starter is the real test of manhood

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 284LUVR
I have a Shovelhead Lowrider and also an EVO Lowrider. Guess which one everybody comments on.

I rode my old shovel for years. Lotsa folks had no idea what it was. The new bikes have taken over.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Beautiful bike 😎

Many years ago I was having a beer out on the front porch of a old East Texas bar, one of them warm humid nights when the bugs swarm the outside lights. Row of bikes out front, mostly Harley’s, muddy pickup trucks parked elsewhere on the gravel lot.

A screen door creaks and slams, and a pretty, inebriated blonde weaves over to her Ol’ Man’s Shovel Wide Glide (Road Glide???), stands on the floorboard, reaches out to grab the high bars, throws a leg over and, hair falling over the gas tank, commenced to try and start it, been a long time but IIRC she got it on like the seventh or eighth kick. I’ve been in love with that image ever since cool

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

548 members (160user, 11point, 10ring1, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 1Akshooter, 69 invisible), 2,749 guests, and 1,224 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,334
Posts18,468,628
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.