Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
H
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by NDHuntr
I would like to do this at some point as well, but too many irons in the fire for the near term. Tagged for future reference. Hope someone can go on this and write up a hunt report.

I have hunted with Horia’s outfit a few times now for chamois, boar, roebuck, birds with great success and could have taken a couple nice bears before they cut off the quota. I have been in camp with guys just finishing successful stag hunts. Feel free to ask me what you want either here or PM.

Semper Fi

GB1

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Originally Posted by shaman
I'm taking notes here-- this kind of hunt is on my bucket list for after I retire. A red stag would look great over the mantle.

Rough general estimate: how much does it cost to get a stag head from Romania mounted on the wall? Transport, taxidermy, etc.

I'm not going to address the taxidermy cost, as I didn't have a head/shoulder mount, nor did I have the hide processed, just a European-style skull mount.

Air freight for my euro-mount was $525. Because of the relatively light weight in relation to the overall size, you'll likely cube out before you max out the weight. My crate was 52" x 52" x 23" just for reference. If you're getting a shoulder mount it will obviously require a larger crate.

Customs broker charges were about $630. That included all the paperwork, processing through USFWS and US Customs, and ground freight to my doorstep.

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Sorry for my late answer guys but I was away from the computer a few days .
I will try to answer to the transport questions first: - the shipping costs was about 500$ ( in our care the weight was not a problem -the company was charged us related with the volume of the box ) The export paper was an experience for me too because was one of my largest box sent in US and was not accepted by normal post.
The solution that finally was agreed was the finest in my opinion .
For a shoulder mount, I should ask the taxidermist that is working with us , if you are still interested .
To bring a gun in Romania is very simple and the time spent will be less than 15 min .

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Romania, as I said before, is a true experience with very nice guys - don't matter where you are going - and the game is not a farm game or hunted inside some fences -
You will enjoy the wild habit, the drinks, and the food.

For hunters that I interested to have an experience with their wives/girlfriends, we can arrange a few days of sightseeing/castles visit - Dracula castle / Peles and also very nice other places to visit.
For those that love food and wines also can be arranged to visit some vineyards and spend quality time together here in Romania

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by born_wild
Sorry for my late answer guys but I was away from the computer a few days .

Please don't take my post above as negative....I know we're all busy in our lives and you've easily been the most consistent and reliable poster to answer questions here about hunting in Europe.

IC B2

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

709 members (10gaugemag, 1234, 12344mag, 160user, 007FJ, 10ring1, 68 invisible), 3,106 guests, and 1,305 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,485
Posts18,451,963
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.