Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by eaglemountainman
Steven, First time reading your annual report, but thoroughly enjoyed it. Hope you post again next year. I've been wanting to get there myself since the mid '70s. I think it's about time to cross this one off the list. Mind if I ask which outfitter you've been using?

Don't cross it off. If you are looking for monster trophies, three are "NICE" deer there and NONE that I have shot, or my wife for that matter, would we have passed on anywhere else. We use Sepaq Anticosti and have since 2003. The only complaint was the food this year and during the summer Sepaq people went on strike This "cook" was in love with himself and wasn't worth a dam. We survived though.

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
You guys are all great. I enjoy posting this and worry some may think it is just a brag fest and I assure it is NOT. In NH I could hunt all season and not see a deer and walk a LONG way to do it. I love my wife hunting with me and it would never keep her interest if all I did was hunt home. We see on average 20 deer a day. And to do it you can either spot and stalk or sit. Either way you WILL see deer. Having my wife hunt is like hunting with a kid. At the end of the day I love listening to the stories she has to share. AND she hardly ever misses what she shoots at.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
LBK, sorry to hear about Stephanne. That had to take some wind out of your sails.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Trust me, it did.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thanks for sharing , Anticosti is a special place. Look forward to reading about your trip every year.

IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I am sure your heart was heavy with the passing of your friend. I am glad you took the time to post this, I look forward to it every year.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Sorry to hear about your friend. Also glad you posted this, we all look forward to your Anticosti hunt report, as well as other people's hunts here. We might not say anything but it's always enjoyable to share in other peoples success. Looking forward to next years already.

J
JDK Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I also look forward to this thread each year. The island is on my bucket list.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Steven,

I was beginning to worry as I haven't missed your annual report since I've been a member. So sorry to hear about Stephanne, but glad you could salvage the trip. So how tasty was that spike?

Dave

Dave
Sticks and stones may break my bones ... but hollow-points expand on impact.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Fantastic LBK, congratulations to you & Nan, again, from Deb & I !!

Longingly wait for this post every single year.

Astonishingly beautiful scenery, 2 great people enjoying what they love !

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by smitty_bs
Excellent story and great pictures. You are blessed to have a wife that will hunt with you!!

Yes, this is so true !

As you know, I too, am so blessed.

smile

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by New_2_99s
Originally Posted by smitty_bs
Excellent story and great pictures. You are blessed to have a wife that will hunt with you!!

Yes, this is so true !

As you know, I too, am so blessed.

smile

We all are........................................ Just need to take the time to realize it.

E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
LBK thanks for posting this I always look forward to it as well. Very very sorry to hear about your longtime friend!

Great pics and beautiful scenery as usual. Such an awesome tradition you have an awesome wife.

Congrats!

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by efw
LBK thanks for posting this I always look forward to it as well. Very very sorry to hear about your longtime friend!

Great pics and beautiful scenery as usual. Such an awesome tradition you have an awesome wife.

Congrats!

Thank you sir.

M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
Longbeardking,

I look forward to your Anticosti story every year--partly because it's always great to hear about a husband and wife that hunt together, and partly because I hunted there in the in fall of 1989. It's a wonderful experience, and your stories and and photos always take me back. Thanks!

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
And honestly, sometimes I think I bore people. Some folks live and hunt in very picturesque parts of the United (divided) States and have HUGE gorgeous deer. While NH is a pretty place, hunting is a dying past time and is becoming less popular. Though the island deer are not monsters I have never, and I have said this before, killed one that I would have passed on in NH. PLUS, I don't think my wife would be as eager to go if we hunted all season without seeing a deer. Like taking a kid fishing for trophy fish only. Sometime you have to fish perch to keep a kid interested. Anticosti is a mecca of beauty. Then this year, with the loss of Stephanne and seeing the girl he fell head over heals for hunting there with the guide she ended up marrying didn't sit well. It's all just me i admit, but I almost said nothing this time around. Thank you all for the encouragment and understanding.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
LBK...you pretty well summed it up.Hunting should be about the experience, and the company you keep...not about the horns. I promise you some of my most memorable hunts were when small deer were taken the hard way, in places less picturesque than Anticosti! I told you once I often dreamed of sneaking around the woods on Anticosti with my red plaid jacket and my model 64 Winchester 30-30!

Ive been fortunate to have done a lot of hunting...but I never did THAT! laugh

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
Thank you for the fine post!!!

Molon Labe
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
Every one of those deer is a trophy. Scaled by environment, desire of a predator to hunt, the unique pleasure of hunting with your spouse, and the pleasure of reliving all these pleasures and more each and every time a venison dinner is prepared. Congratulations sir. Many would write a blank check for what you have done.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
B
B
Well said. Nothing wrong with taking a spike. It’s your harvest that you worked so hard to get. Hunting is about being in nature and what brings YOU joy, not what other burly men say is what they would do.

I passed on a 4 point this year. I instantly regretted my decision, but it was too late to get a safe shot off (then horizon). My pride got in my way, and me freezer is empty this year.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

624 members (1badf350, 163bc, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1234, 12344mag, 75 invisible), 2,641 guests, and 1,309 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,315
Posts18,449,250
Members73,900
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.