Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
No-- Idaho, Utah and the rest are being Californicated as we speak!!
No place is safe from the commie left!

BP-B2

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
That is very sad, doesn’t sound like it’s going to get any better either!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Old time Mexicans, Old time Native Americans.....

There ain’t much difference around there.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sad and accurate.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I have been watching Texas slide downhill for 30 years.I cant imagine how you feel.I still have some hope,I like to think we can stop the slide.I doubt we will reverse it.

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Bristoe
,...just remember,....Kentucky is worse. Whatever it is,...Kentucky is worse.

Spread the word.

Kentucky, huh?

I'll guess I will have to look at moving there instead.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Ranger_Green

Spread the word.

Kentucky, huh?

I'll guess I will have to look at moving there instead.

BYOB

(bring your own banjer)

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The only reason anybody could be surprised is because they don't pay attention. Don't confuse the nutjob leftist Democrats with the professional (give me mine) Democrats just because they vote the same way. As a matter of fact, the latter have been leaving the Democratic Party in droves, as the 2016 elections proved.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Do you think NM having it’s southern border with Mexico has anything to do with the crime problem?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by tpcollins
Do you think NM having it’s southern border with Mexico has anything to do with the crime problem?
I'm sure that contributes to it, but in some places there is a pretty significant drug problem. I've heard Espanola called the "Black Tar Heroin Capitol of the US." I've also had more than one Spanish/Hispanic local in Santa Fe tell me that they're "sick of the damn Mexicans making all of us look bad." Seems to be quite a bit of animosity between the old-time Spanish New Mexican's and the relative newcomers from Mexico.... at least in the northern part of the state. Not sure if it's the same down south.

The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.
IC B3

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by powdr
Ben, New Mexico would have been my last guess. Great article. powdr

It would be your last guess - because both conservatives in New Mexico are on this site ! smile smile smile

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
Isn’t New Mexico just one big Rez? (Sarcasm). If you look at ND”s voting map, the Rez’s are always blue.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I was sent to Albuquerque New Mexico 12 years ago on a biz trip to help with development of the Pratt Whitney Jet engine starter generator on the Eclipse jet.

I stayed in a hotel and had a rental car.

I saw bars on the windows, like I have seen in a black neighborhood in Baltimore, Oakland, or Seattle.

But there were no blacks.

I saw gated communities.

What is causing all that crime?

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Drugs - and the SNM.
Bad as Chapo's bunch.
Took out a few, here in Las Vegas, and got the Fed's involved.
12 -15 arrested, so far - that I've heard of.

Back around 1970, there was a television documentary about our town -

"Smack City, USA" IIRC.

When I lived near Espanola, in the '80s, a Dr friend described wounded and dead being tossed out of cars at the ER door - cars left quickly.
He called Fridays "Slash and Stab" nights.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
It's a damn shame because it is a beautiful state. I typically visit once a year. I would love to have a summer home there when I retire. I am too much of a wuss to handle the winters there.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Awww - c'mon over.
It's a balmy 13* at my house smile

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Spread the word.

...and West Virginia too. Terrible places, and they're CONNECTED!😱

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mudhen
January 28, 2020
Guess the State: Democrat-Run Fiasco Edition
By Charles W. Sullivan

The last time Republicans held a majority on this state's Supreme Court was in the 1920s. Its Court of Appeals has never had a Republican majority.

The last time Republicans held a majority in both houses of the state Legislature at the same time was 1930. In the 89 years from 1931 to the present, Democrats have held a majority of both houses of the state Legislature for 79 of the 89 years.

Since 1931, Democrats have held the governor's office for 69 of the 89 years. Even when a Republican has been governor, his powers have been greatly limited because he has never held a majority in both houses of the state legislature while in office.

What state am I?

If you guessed CA, IL, NY, NJ, or MA, you're wrong. If you guessed NM, go to the head of the class (here) (here). Since 1931, no other state has had single-party Dem rule at the state level as long as New Mexico. And how has New Mexico fared under the stewardship of single party Democrat rule? As we shall see, not so well.

EDUCATION: By all accounts, New Mexico has one of the worst, if not the worst, K–12 public education system in the country. It is a system that spends vast sums of money but has little or no accountability for the students, teachers, administrators, parents, or elected officials. Here are the sobering stats. It has recently been rated as the worst state public school system in the country. Among the country's 11,850 school districts, only one from New Mexico, Los Alamos, is rated in the top 1,000. A charity named the New Mexico Coalition for Literacy estimates that an astonishing 46% of the adults in the state are functional illiterates.

Sadly, the state university system is little better. It is an example of quantity over quality. Despite its small population of 2.1 million, New Mexico has a staggering seven state-funded colleges and universities that grant four-year degrees. In contrast, neighboring Arizona with a population of 7.3 million has three. Not a single college or university in New Mexico is ranked in the nation's top 500.

CRIME: New Mexico is a dangerous place to live, and a lot of judges are reluctant to lock up criminals. It is #1 in the country for per capita property crime and #2 for violent crime. Albuquerque, by far the state's largest city, has the dubious distinction of a #1 ranking for auto thefts in the entire nation. Don't expect the Chamber of Commerce or the Department of Tourism to brag about the fact that Albuquerque is ranked as the 12th most dangerous city in the U.S. Expect Albuquerque to move up on the list, as it just had a record number of homicides in 2019.

JOBS/ECONOMY: New Mexico survives financially because it receives enormous sums of money from two sources: the federal government and the oil and natural gas industry. The federal government has spent a gigantic amount of money in the state since the 1940s, with the development of the bomb and all the defense spending that came afterwards. The state also receives millions of dollars each year from oil and gas revenues, especially from leases of state land. With the fracking revolution going on in the Permian Basin in southeast New Mexico, the state is swimming in tax revenues and has a large budget surplus.

Despite all the mentioned revenue and the production bonanza in the Permian Basin, New Mexico has one of the worst job markets in the country. It has the fourth highest unemployment rate of any state. It's the second hardest state in the country in which to find full-time employment. As one would expect of a state that has had single-party Dem rule for nearly 90 years, the state is teeming with public-sector employees and has the third highest percentage of public-sector workers in the country. The national average for public sector workers is 15.1%, while New Mexico has 22.2%. In other words, New Mexico has 47% more public sector workers than the national average. Not surprisingly, New Mexico is more dependent on federal spending than any other state and receives more in per capita federal spending than all but two states.

POVERTY: Poverty among adults is usually associated with low education levels, and poverty among children is usually associated with being raised in a single-parent home. New Mexico has lots of both. As of November 2019, New Mexico had 827,269 persons receiving Medicaid, or 39% of the population and 223,116 persons receiving SNAP benefits, or 11% of the state's population. Despite the enormous amount of federal spending, oil and natural gas riches, and some of the largest sovereign wealth funds in the world, New Mexico is considered to be the third poorest state in the nation.

DEATH SPIRAL: Several years ago, Forbes Magazine identified New Mexico as the #1 death spiral state in the country. New Mexico, with its vast public-sector work force, is on the hook for billions of dollars in defined benefit pension plan payments to retiring public employees. These defined benefit plans are so generous that private-sector businesses can no longer afford them and now offer 401(k) (defined contribution) plans instead. The public plans are woefully underfunded primarily because they assumed an unreasonably high expected annual rate of return of 7% to 8%. Assuming such high expected rates of return permitted pols to reduce annual contributions to the plans. Now, in addition to insufficient past contributions, there are not enough taxpayers to make up the funding shortfalls. New Mexico has a whopping 148 public-sector pension-takers for every 100 private-sector job-holders in the state. This is the largest imbalance of any state in the country and clearly unsustainable for the taxpayer.

STAGNATION: New Mexico and Arizona share much history. The New Mexico Territory became part of the United States after the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo. During the Civil War, the territory was divided into the New Mexico and Arizona Territories. As recently as 1930, Arizona's population was just 12,000 larger than New Mexico's (435,000 vs 423,000). But today, Arizona's population is more than five million larger than New Mexico (7.3 million vs 2.1 million). Why did New Mexico, with its vast oil and natural gas wealth, experience such anemic population growth compared to Arizona?

In most parts of the country, population growth follows job growth. The most plausible explanation of what has happened is that 90 years of single-party Dem rule in New Mexico has created a state that is deemed business-unfriendly. When the private businesses did not come, neither did the people.

The state nickname for New Mexico is the Land of Enchantment. Sadly, after 90 years of single-party Democrat rule, it should probably be changed to the Land of Disenchantment.

"Poor [New] Mexico, so far from God, so close to Texas" -Porfirio Diaz

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I lived in south end of Albuquerque, but north of Isleta Res from 1964 thru 1974. I saw all of that. Finally had enough when my boy found body on the ditch bank that someone had chucked out.

You could sure insult some by calling them Mexicans if they were of Spanish decent.I got along well with those, but the Mexicans hated all gringos. The blacks were predominate on South Broadway. Gringos in the NE Heights which is amount all slums now. Mexicans and in the south valley or up along towards Bernalillo. Indians further south in the Isleta Res.

Along the NM /CO border, the deeply entrenched older Mexicans really hated the gringos.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
The old mexicans were shooting at Texans up into the '70's, in Mora.
Thank the Lord, Dad befriended them. Our family never had any trouble there.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
605 members (160user, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 12308300, 1badf350, 54 invisible), 2,799 guests, and 1,176 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,740
Posts18,401,130
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.