Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
All good advice on the town of Cody. I too would recommend going to Trail Town. Jerimiah Johnson (mountain man) is buried there.

Two out of town trips I always recommend are going over Bear Tooth pass and a trip to see the Tetons.

Another out of the way trip that is interesting is a trip to the old ghost town of Kerwin. It's south of Cody and west of Meeteetse. It's a rough road and 4 wheel drive is recommend but I've made it up there with my 2 wheel drive pickup. A word of caution, you have to ford the river a couple of times and the runoff might be a bit high in June.

For every law that's passed, a little freedom dies!!!!!
BP-B2

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
GreginTenn: Absolutely go to and stay a day in Jackson Hole, Wyoming!
DO NOT let anyone talk you out of that!
PERIOD!
It is a fun and clean town with excellent food and absolutely stunning views of the Grand Tetons and the Jackson Hole itself!
Eat at "Bubba's" morning, noon and night (breakfast, lunch and dinner - be sure and have the "workers special" for breakfast - it is not on the menu its a local thing!) while there!
I like to stay at the Elk Refuge Inn a mile or so north of town when in Jackson Hole.
Be sure and tour the galleries and be sure to tour the Chamber of Commerce building, store, display in Jackson.
DO NOT forget your cameras and binoculars while in Jackson Hole - take a tram ride up to the top of one of the ski mountains.
Be sure and set your clock to get you up before sunrise to view the sunrise on the Grand Tetons - few views on earth are more majestic than this!
Sunsets on the Tetons will take care of themselves.
I was just in Yellowstone Park two days ago and sadly the numbers of Elk, Moose and Bighorn Sheep are way down.
Wolves!
Run one over if you get the chance, in your rental car.
Be sure and plan a day around viewing the lower falls of the Yellowstone from "Artist Point" during mid-day when the sunlight illuminates, completely, the entire deep, grand canyon of the Yellowstone.
Years ago I used to hike to and mingle with the Bighorn Sheep on top of Mt. Washburn but again "the Wolves"!
It is still worth the hike for the view but few Bighorns have been seen by me on my last coupla trips up there.
Be sure to allocate at least an 8 (eight!) hour day for touring the museum complex there in Cody - two days would be better.
I also like Trail Town in Cody (Jeremiah Johnson is buried there) and do the rodeo in the afternoon/evening there in Cody.
A day trip south to the town of Meteetsee/Greybull River area will be rich with wildlife viewing (Antelope, Coyote, Prairie Dogs, Mule Deer) in June.
Enjoy your visit and again DO NOT forego spending MUCH time in Jackson Hole!
I have reservations for there coming up next month in fact - it will be my second visit there in the last 9 months.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Many thanks, guys! We're all booked and looking forward to the trip. The only places I've been to west of the Mississippi is Lake Charles, LA and Las Vegas, so this will be a new experience.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
GreginTenn: Absolutely go to and stay a day in Jackson Hole, Wyoming!
DO NOT let anyone talk you out of that!
PERIOD!
It is a fun and clean town with excellent food and absolutely stunning views of the Grand Tetons and the Jackson Hole itself!
Eat at "Bubba's" morning, noon and night (breakfast, lunch and dinner - be sure and have the "workers special" for breakfast - it is not on the menu its a local thing!) while there!
I like to stay at the Elk Refuge Inn a mile or so north of town when in Jackson Hole.
Be sure and tour the galleries and be sure to tour the Chamber of Commerce building, store, display in Jackson.
DO NOT forget your cameras and binoculars while in Jackson Hole - take a tram ride up to the top of one of the ski mountains.
Be sure and set your clock to get you up before sunrise to view the sunrise on the Grand Tetons - few views on earth are more majestic than this!
Sunsets on the Tetons will take care of themselves.
I was just in Yellowstone Park two days ago and sadly the numbers of Elk, Moose and Bighorn Sheep are way down.
Wolves!
Run one over if you get the chance, in your rental car.
Be sure and plan a day around viewing the lower falls of the Yellowstone from "Artist Point" during mid-day when the sunlight illuminates, completely, the entire deep, grand canyon of the Yellowstone.
Years ago I used to hike to and mingle with the Bighorn Sheep on top of Mt. Washburn but again "the Wolves"!
It is still worth the hike for the view but few Bighorns have been seen by me on my last coupla trips up there.
Be sure to allocate at least an 8 (eight!) hour day for touring the museum complex there in Cody - two days would be better.
I also like Trail Town in Cody (Jeremiah Johnson is buried there) and do the rodeo in the afternoon/evening there in Cody.
A day trip south to the town of Meteetsee/Greybull River area will be rich with wildlife viewing (Antelope, Coyote, Prairie Dogs, Mule Deer) in June.
Enjoy your visit and again DO NOT forego spending MUCH time in Jackson Hole!
I have reservations for there coming up next month in fact - it will be my second visit there in the last 9 months.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

This.

Proud NRA Life Member
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I’m sure you’ll both love it, and probably like Wifey and I, regret that you didn’t have more time. Yellowstone is spectacular, and Cody is a wonderful place by itself. I look forward to hearing about your trip, and I bet I ain’t the only one that’s jealous! grin
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

IC B2

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
695 members (10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 160user, 117LBS, 1badf350, 12344mag, 75 invisible), 2,683 guests, and 1,318 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,689
Posts18,399,819
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.